Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

He's Been Damaged, He's Been Misused

Chapter Five

Chris didn’t talk to Ricky until the next day when they walked to school together, and Chris sarcastically guessed that it was because Ricky has a hard time texting and walking at the same time.

If only Chris knew that he was exactly right.

“Hey, Chris, you look a bit moody, what’s wrong?” Ricky asks, looking up at his bigger friend. Chris glances down at him, a drawn-on eyebrow raised slightly.

“Nothing’s wrong with me, I’m fine,” Chris bitterly replies before focusing ahead again. Ricky rolls his eyes.

“That’s bullshit, Chris. Tell me what’s wrong, please?”

Chris sighs. He might as well just tell him and get it over with.

“It’s like you don’t have time for me anymore,” Chris tells him. “Only for Carter. It’s like I’m not even there.”

Ricky doesn’t say anything for a few seconds. He didn’t really know what to say in these kind of situations. When he does decide to say something, he starts sheepishly.

“Uh, I had no idea... Sorry, Chris. I'll work on that, I promise."

With that, Ricky offers a genuine smile. Chris smiles back at him. Hopefully Ricky really meant what he said.

<><><>

Chris was happy to find that Ricky had meant what he said earlier that morning. During lunch, Ricky made sure to pay attention to Chris and text Carter at the same time. Chris was also happy to find Ricky socializing with Kevin, so everyone was happy during lunch.

"So since we're all friends now, I say we hang out- well, as soon as Chris is off the hook," Kevin suggests, Ricky nodding his agreement while Chris raises an eyebrow.

"So, you didn't get in trouble then?" Chris asks Kevin, maybe there's a hint of jealously somewhere in his voice, maybe there isn't. Kevin shrugs.

"My parents yelled at me. I asked them if I was grounded so they were like 'well do you want to be grounded' and I told them no so I'm not grounded."

"I wish my parents were like that," Ricky says.

"Awe, but I like your parents!" Chris smiles, remembering the times he went over to Ricky's house. He fell in love with them only minutes after he met them, and his parents seemed to adore him just as much.

"Yeah, but it would be awesome though," Ricky says as his phone vibrates on the table, the vibrations making it slide to the right a little. He picks it up and reads the message, replying with a blush coloring his cheeks.

"Who're you texting anyway?" Kevin asks as he reads over his shoulder. Luckily, Ricky didn't mind too much and let him read without any regrets. Kevin roles his eyes playfully when he sees Carter Kiln's contact name. "Should've known."

"You should've," Ricky agrees as he hits send, placing the small device back onto the table.

"Anyways, I'll try to get off the hook before this weekend, sound good?" I ask, moving back to the topic from earlier.

"Hell yeah! And Carter should come too, since he's our friend too," Kevin adds.

"As long as they do to make out right in front of me, because ew," I agree, and Kevin laughs while Ricky changes color.

"I didn't plan on it, anyway," Ricky defends himself.

<><><>

The first thing Chris did when he got home was to look for his mom to talk about his punishment. He found her in the kitchen, eating a sandwich. He sits at the table across from her and puts on a smile, which would hopefully be convincing. His mom sees right through it and stops mid chew to raise an eyebrow, silently asking him what the fuck he was trying to convince her to do.

"I'm sorry for the Walmart thing. Let me off the hook?"

Chris's mom swallows whatever's in her mouth so she can speak.

"What's in it for me?"

"I'll leave the room a happy guy."

"No."

"Please? I'll clean the house!" Chris suggests without thinking. His mom smirks at that. She could really use a break from cleaning...

<><><>

Chris didn't finish cleaning until around nine that evening. Tired, he reports to his mom to tell her that he was finally finished. She surveys her home and finds it to be really clean- better than what she usually did. She smiles. She'd definitely use this against him.

"Looks great. I grant you impunity," she says, earning a smile from the tired teenager next to her.

"Awesome! I'll be going to bed now," Chris says as he turns to go back upstairs, too tired to text his friends first about the news. He'd just tell them tomorrow instead. He'd probably just fall asleep before he could even finish the message anyway.