Status: ACTIVE. / Also, I made this rated R just in case. It's flexible. I'm not too used to Ratings yet so... Read my profile / message me if you'd like to know more. (I own nothing but my own ideas.)

Calamity

The Bird And The Worm

George sat at a chair in his office. Hands in his hair as he heaved a deep sigh.
"Maybe I should tell them? Say something.." He thought. Yet, he knew better. The slight chance that sacrificing himself for Marine would actually help was slim, but it wasn't anymore than George knew he deserved.
"Isn't there anything you can do Dad?" Fred asked yet another time. His arms were folded and an expression of anger flushed his identical face.
"Son, I didn't have much pull with the ministry before I retired." Their father explained. "Let alone after."
George had been avoiding them. Tuning out their arguments with his own internal struggle.
"But Dad! Maybe there's-"
"Look Freddie," Arthur Weasley said. He gave an apologetic smile to both of his sons. "I wish I could-"
Fred tossed his hands to the air in disbelief and, though he wasn't looking, George could sense his twins frustration.
"She's innocent Dad!"
George wondered whether there was something they could do. He had tried thinking of anything that might help the poor girl but he only ever came to one conclusion.
"It should have been me.."
Too lost in his own thoughts and hell bent on ignoring his family's bickering was he to notice the sudden silence in the room.
"George, come now, y-you don't mean that." Fred said.
He blinked and lifted his head, glancing between both of them. In truth he hadn't meant to say it aloud. Regrettably so, George realized he had. Now that tension, which had been building since that morning trip to the post, quickly came bubbling to the surface.
"No Freddie, I damn well do mean it." He said and with a sudden toss of his chair George stormed out of the room.
Fred was quick to follow. George knew an outburst like that was rather uncommon for him, leaving his twin only to question where it came from.
"George, what is it?" Fred had asked as he took his younger twin by the shoulder. "You never keep me out of the loop like that mate."
George sighed, but nodded knowingly. This was his twin, it was Fred. Surly he would understand.
"Look Fred I-" George hesitated, swallowing his guilt and fear one last time. "It's nothing, I just feel like we should have done something to prevent this.. For Marine."
George knew it wasn't the whole truth, but he hadn't exactly lied to Fred either. It was simpler this way. The less his brother knew, the less likely he could be dragged into this mess.
Suddenly a sharp squawk came from the main sales floor. It was loud, piercing and highly annoying. It rang over the usual beat of the rock n' roll the twins played throughout the store.
Fred looked to his brother, who shrugged, and together they went to investigate.
"Where have you two been that things ben driving everyone mad for an hour!" Ginny said as another shrill caused her and many others to duck and cover their ears. A large red owl sat perched onto the railing of a shop stair high above them. A bright blue letter attached at the claw.
She quickly rang the customer at the register and slammed it's drawer harshly. "Honestly, if I knew I would loose my hearing in the process I wouldn't have agreed to help you guys out this week."
Fred's brow furrowed as he quickly moved behind the second register. "Ginny wasn't it you who said we all need some more Weasley family time, eh?"
Ginny scoffed at the idea. "Hah no! That was mum."
Another sudden screech echoed through the room and by this point even their customers were becoming annoyed.
"George, make yourself useful huh?" Fred said and nodded towards the bird.
"That thing could bloody well eat me!" George shook his head and tapped his little sisters shoulder. "Ginny, you go."
"Uh, Georgie I'm ringing." She said.
He nodded. "I'll take over." Another sound screeched through the room which was even more shrillful then the last. Ginny's eyes instantly gave him a sense of hatred and George quickly complied.
"Fine, for Merlin's sake you two, I'll do it."
George left them and cautiously tracked up the stairs. He swallowed. The bird was much bigger in person. Up close he judged that it must have been the largest owl he had ever seen. It squawked again and George hoped it wasn't angry enough to attack him. Though the bird did look it.
He took a breath and reached for the envelope, but the bird's large beak snipped at his hand. He reacted, jumping back just early enough for the bird to miss.
He could hear his siblings laughter from below and childishly stuck out his tongue at them.
"Whatever beast taming nature you have Charlie," George grumbled as he worked up the courage to try again. "Please let it have passed to me."
He tried again, only this time the bird had managed to draw blood.
"Fuck-Merlin's, damn bird."
"Do you... need some help?" Someone said to his right. Poking his dark auburn, wind swept head out from behind a shelf of flying monkey mites was someone about the twins age.
George glanced between the two and sighed.
"Probably..." he admitted.
The man chuckled a bit but nodded. George studied him for a moment as he nursed his hand. There was something oddly familiar about him.
"Dude, what's up- you a'eit man?"
George shook his head and blinked. That accent, he knew that accent. "Sorry it's just.. Mate, have we met before?"
The guy chuckled and messed his hair. "Not ever officially or anything like that yet," he said.
Suddenly a voice shouted from below, catching both of their attention.
"Hey Jasper!" Fred called. His hands waving enthusiastically. "Good to see ya again mate."
Jasper immediately scurried to the railing and through his energetic wave nearly fell off the banister.
"You know Fred then?" George acknowledged, more so stating it to himself.
"Oh yeah dude, we're old friends." Jasper said smugly. At the movement of George's questioning brow he burst into an amused fit. "Nah, just kiddin' yo. Met him a few days back. In fact I think you know my twin sis, and her demon dog."
Immediately it clicked.
The dark hair, crazy blue eyes, same button nose and short stature, same out-of-place american accent.
"Jesslyn, right of course! How's Swat-"
A sudden shriek from the bird made George growl angrily.
"We should probably get my letter before the bloody bird eats someone."
Jasper nonchalantly shrugged. "Could just feed it one of your enemies. Oh! Try that decrepit old hag down in shop 4. Though... she'd taste so bitter damn thing might just spit her back out."
George laughed.
As he discovered early on with the man's twin sister, George quickly took a liking to the the American chap.
The two boys turned back to the bird. It was nipping casually at it's wing before snapping attentively in their direction.
"Hold on, just let me..." Jasper mumbled. He took a cautious step forward, stretching out his hand for the bird to see.
He crouched and kept his palm low and open. Hopefully the bird wouldn't see him as a threat.
Though it tilted it's large head in a question manner, it did cautiously allow Jasper to untie the letter. The bird merely blinked once more and, after realizing that it's work was done, flew off with such a force that knocked Jasper to the floor in the process.
"Welp, that was... fun." He stated as he fixed his glasses. "Here dude, all yours." George took the letter and helped his new friend up. "Who's it from?"
"I dunno," George said. He flipped it over again and again but there was no name, no address. Just a blank envelope. "Come on."
Fred was busy flirting with a pretty brunette when George rounded the counter.
"Trust me, he prefers blondes." George said. Causing both Ginny and Jasper to laugh as the girl stormed off in anger.
Fred eagerly called after her, saying that brunettes were just as hot, but to no avail. "I could of had a date tonight, deer brother." He grumbled.
There's bigger fish Freddie," George said as he waved the envelope.
"Who's it from?" His twin asked but George merely shrugged.
"Thought you knew." He said.
As he handed it to his brother the blue envelope twitched. The letter sprang to life and smiled politely at each of them before turning dark and fowl.
"Wait a second-" Fred said.
"A howler?" George finished.
The letter sprang to life and instantly screamed. "OF COURSE IT'S A HOWLER YOU TWIN BROOMHEADED IDIOTS!"
Fred looked to George. George looked to Fred. As instantly as all the stores attention turned to them they both recognized that particular grumpy shrill.
"Marine." They said in unison.

"LOOK I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF PAGE SPACE THANKS TO YOU BUT IF YOU TWO DON'T GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE I'LL BREAK OUT OF ASKABAN MY SELF JUST TO BEAT YOU! IF THIS IS THE THANKS I GET FOR WORKING MY BUM OFF AT YOUR SHOP THEN I QUIT YOU LITTLE TOSS-BOMBERS! MY HEARING IS AT 9:14 THURSDAY, I DIDN'T DO SHIT YA HEAR! YOU TWO BEST BE THERE OR I'M GOING TO WATCH THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS RUN YOU TWIN IDIOTS OVER! I DO NOT GET PAID ENOUGH FOR THIS! GET ME OUT OF HERE ! THIS PLACE SMELLS LIKE DUNG! AND I BEST SEE A MAJOR RAISE AFTER THE SHIT I'VE DONE FOR YOU WEASLEYS! "

Suddenly the floating page turned to Jasper who was avoiding as much eye contact with the letter as possible.

"Oh, AND JAY? YOU AND YOUR SISTER BEST NOT LET THEM COME ALONE. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. I MEAN, I DIDN'T KILL THAT LOOSER OK! HURRY UP, DON'T BE LATE OR I'LL BURN DOWN BOTH OF YOUR SHOPS YOU SONE OF A ----"

With that the page burst into flames and fell to ashes at the twins feet.
For the first time ever W.W.W came to a dead silence say for the background rock music which suddenly felt very out of place.
Arthur Weasley entered from the back room emitting A cheerful smile as he snacked on cacti - chew.
"What'd I miss," He asked. Ginny merely shook her head and announced that she was taking a 15 so the father looked to the twins. "You boys at another prank again? Is it me this time eh?"
"No dad-" Fred said. George started to say that it was nothing but Jasper had beat him to it.
"It's nothing sir," he said. Fred just got shot down by another woman. Rather funny actually."
Arthur's smile widened and he wrapped an arm around his son for some unnecessary comfort. Fred looked confused and uncomfortable as his father started his speech.
"Ah, the old lovely rose, eh my boy! Now son see there comes a point in every man's life when -"
Instantly George covered his ears and Fred cringed on the spot. Neither had enjoyed have that talk from their father as teenagers, let alone adults.
"DAD!" Fred yelled.
"Please for Merlin's sake DAD NO!" George said.
Jasper stood back, stifling a laugh. George hit him rather hard and the man doubled over still in giddy laughter.
But Arthur continued inspite of his sons protests.
"See Fred your mother and I-"
It was then that it hit him. It was so obvious George wondered how he must have missed the idea.
"Fred, Freddie. Wait Dad shh, listen." George said. He took his twin by the arm and hurried off into the back, calling after Jasper to follow.
The young man shrugged and awkwardly apologized to their father before rushing after the twins.
"Georgie what is it mate?" Fred asked once the three were surely alone. George looked to his elder brother and back to Jasper who had taken a seat upon a crate while swinging his shoes like a kid.
"Yeah man you ruined all my fun." He said.
"That was low mate-" Fred said.
George sighed, how did they not get it.
"Listen will you!" George shouted. Both blinked and looked to him.
For the first time today, George smiled. He had a plan, and now he knew they could fix this
"I got it, I do! I know how to save Marine!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey... long time no see..
I'm not even going to acknowledge how long it's been.
Years?
Umm yeah. ....
Anywho. I love this story so no matter how long it takes I still have to get it out one way or another. It's stuck in my head.
So if you're new, WELCOME. If you're not new and missed me.. I'm sorry, but WELCOME BACK.
Anywho, drop me a line.
Lots to come.
;)