Open Up Your Eyes

--

His hair draped over his face as he looked down momentarily in thought, humming quietly, his dark eyes becoming obscure under the toffee-colored hair and his once serious face twisting –distorting –into a deranged smile that crawled across his usually so calm, so normal face.

--

His room was dark. It was always dark. He liked it dark. Something about how the room became this dull gray, walls settling into a navy blue instead of their usual, bleak white, and how the corners of it –all the nooks and crannies –became obscure even to his well-adjusted eyes comforted the adolescent

--

"Doctor, they've escaped. Everyone from the West Wing is out." He whispered seriously as he reached forward to put his hands on the dash. His nails scraped against the hard plastic there as he growled, "Shoot them. It's the only way to protect the others."

Jack glanced at the boy with a bad feeling in his gut. He was shaking his head frantically -blood slinging onto the windows and even a bit on Jack. The boy didn't seem to care. His mutterings were getting louder and louder as Jack slowed the car as the rain slicked the roads with acid-y puddles. It was getting harder and harder to see through the rain as it poured, bits of hail falling with it. Jack felt a chill slip up his spine as the boy suddenly started shrieking with a blood curdling scream. His heart was racing but it stopped to hear the boy scream, "Shoot them! Shoot them! Kill them! Don't let them get away!"