Shoot 'Em Up, Yeah.

Surprise

I woke up, and felt like the house was so quiet. Like, too quiet.

"Brendon?" I called as I walked down the stairs. "Jon? Spencer?"

No answer.

"Where the fuck are they," I muttered under my breath as I entered the kitchen.

No one was there. I walked toward the refrigerator and found a note were sticked against its door. It said, We're going somewhere! Don't expect us to come back!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

- Yer band.


I sighed. What Brendon meant was that they will be gone for quite a long time. The longest time they left me alone in the house was for two weeks, it happened like around 5 months ago. I wondered how long they will leave me this time.

I sat on the dining chair and put my coffee cup on the table. I took my phone and flipped it open; 2 new messages were received. I opened and read it.

Bden kidnaps me somewhere. He's crazy. And this is my first and last message you'll read today. I wont forget you. –Lydia.

My eyes grew wide when I read the message, but then it went normal again when I read the next new message.

Erm, Lyd is being over-dramatic. Dont worry. Bren wont kill us. He's too doofus for that. This is also my first and last message for the day! –Alice.

What's up with these people? I ignored that question I asked to myself and went to my bedroom upstairs with my coffee. I signed in to my AIM and MSN and no one was online. Bored, I changed my clothes and left the house, not even knowing where I was going.
_______________________________________________________________________

I spent my whole day alone. Well, I met some of my fans, asking me where the rest of the band was and why I was alone. I answered I don't know and they asked me if I wanted to hang out with them, but I refused their offer. Yeah.

I went back to the house at like around 9.10 PM, and no one was home yet. I got inside and turned on the lights and sat down on the sofa to watch some TV shows. Grabbing my phone and flipped it open, I realized that today was August 29th. A day before my birthday, and my friends weren't home.

I shrugged it off, turned the TV off and took a shower upstairs. The shower took 15 minutes and I decided to read a book I haven't finished. I was done with the book like around 2 hours later, and no one got home yet.

Again, I shrugged it off and decided to go to bed.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Bren, no!" I heard Spencer whispered.

I was still asleep. So they're home now, I thought. I kept my eyes closed, pretending that I was asleep.

That was when I felt something hit my head. I groaned, but kept my eyes closed.

"You're gonna wake him up!"

Lydia.

"I don't care."

Totally Brendon.

"I demand you to stop!"

Alice, and then she groaned.

"Why do I have a childish brother like him," I heard her sighed.

I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it to wherever I thought Brendon was.

"Um, Ryan, it hit me," Jon said.

I groaned, opening my eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all shouted.

"What the heck?" I groaned, glancing at the digital clock and the red numbers said 00.00. 12 AM sharp.

"Dude, you're 22 NOW!" Brendon screamed, jumping onto me.

"Yeah and I feel old," I replied.

Jon 'cleared his throat'. "I'm older, Ryan."

"Happeth birthdeth," Lydia said, kissing my cheek.

"Aw thanks," I said as she handed me a gift.

The four of them gave me gifts and we hung out in my room until 3.45 in the morning. I even could hear one of our neighbors yelled, "Shut up!!"

Lydia gave me a scarf, Alice gave me a hat and some bracelets, Jon gave me a few of DVDs I've always wanted, Spencer gave me a pair of shoes, and Brendon gave me... a teddy bear? What the heck?

I glanced at him and he grinned.

"Brendon, you know I'm not 5," I said.

"Rip that open!"

I widened my eyes. "Dude, you're crazy!"

"Just rip that!"

I sighed and followed what he said. I ripped the teddy bear's stomach and I found the book full of lyrics that we made when we just started our band. (Yeah, with Brent.)

I laughed, reading the first lyric. It was the first lyric I've made in my life and it was so stupid! I won't even tell you because it was really silly.

I flipped to the next page and my laughing grew louder, followed by the others. Spencer and I wrote that one, based on Brendon's first kiss experience. He told us that it was gross because he kissed a guy because we were playing 'Spin the Bottle'.

"Umm, why you give it to me? We all made the lyrics," I asked to Brendon, holding the book and waving it.

"Because you're that special for us! You make such great–and silly—lyrics since you were, I don't know, 12?!" he answered. "Besides, you haven't read the last pa—umf!"

He was cut off by Lydia throwing him a pillow.

"We're gonna leave you now," Alice sang as they left me alone in the room.

I opened the book again, flipped it to the next page, and to the next page, and to the next ones until it reached the last one. It was full of handwritings.

Happy 22th bday Ry! I hope you'll still remember me :] *Liz*

Liz... I thought I remember that girl—Oh, she was in my Chemistry class back in junior high and we were so close! Once we almost made fire in the lab because we mixed wrong substances!

22 already? Dude, yer old! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [Jo]

Jo was my partner-in-crime. We pranked people a lot. Twice, we splashed some milk and egg to Lydia. She told Spencer about it and he was mad at us for 3 days, and he almost did the same thing to us when Lydia told him when the second time happened.

I read the birthday wishes that my junior high and high school friends had written from me, way before I was even 21. Even the teachers that taught me wrote the birthday wishes too! Damn...

Sighing in happiness, I closed the book and placed it on my desk. I put away all the presents I got and continued my sleep.
_______________________________________________________________________

WHACK! Someone smacked my head.

"Brendon, not now," I groaned, pulling my blanket as I felt someone jumped onto my bed.

"Brendon," I groaned.

"I'm not Brendon, silly," the voice said.

I recognized that voice. My eyes shot open and I sat on my bed, seeing my high school best friend that moved to Ireland after we graduated high school.

"JAMIE!" I screamed her name and immediately hugged her.

She laughed and returned the hug, "I missed you too."

"Why are you here?" I asked after we broke the hug.

"What? You don't want me here?" she gave me one of her pouts.

"Not about that! Why are you here, in Vegas? Aren't you supposed to be in Ireland?"

"Well yeah, actually, I move back here because I've graduated my college."

"Already?"

"Yeah."

And our conversation continued. About how our lives been going, how much we've changed, and about our past that we've been through together...

"I really missed you Ry," she sighed.

"Like I don't."

"No, like seriously. I wanna finish my college fast because I want to go back to Vegas; to see you."

I hung my mouth open. I was speechless.

"Ryan, Ryan, Ryan," she said, pinching my cheeks and placed her hands on my face. "I always like you, silly."

"More than you like skittles?"

She laughed. "Way more than I like skittles."

"I like you too," I replied and connected our lips.

My birthday was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY 22TH BIRTHDAY RYAN FUCKING ROSS!

:)