Shoot 'Em Up, Yeah.

Just the Girl I was Looking For

I walked in the CD store and saw her behind the counter, talking on the phone. I always knew when she was working and when she's not.

"Um, sorry Mel. There's a customer. I'll call you later," she said and hung up the call. "How may I help you?" she asked me with a friendly smile.

"I'm looking for Matchbox Twenty."

"The newest album?"

I nodded and led her search for it in the computer.

"There are still lots of 'em. You can look in the 'M' aisle."

"Thanks," I said and walked to the aisle 'M'.

Matchbox Twenty... Matchbox Twenty... Ah, there it is!

I took the CD and walked to the cashier to pay it.

"That would be 10 dollars."

I gave her the money and after she said 'thank you', I immediately said, "What's your name?"

She looked really surprised at the first time but then she smiled again and stuck her hand.

"Erika. Yours?"

"Zac," I said and shook her hand.

"Nice name. I've seen you around before," she said once we finished shaking hands.

DANG!

"Yeah. I live around here. Where do you live?"

You idiot, Zac! You just know her name and then you ask where does she live?!

"Apartment. You know, the one that near the town library?" she answered calmly and I nodded. "That's where I live."

I nodded again and mouthed 'oh'. After few minutes of talking, my phone rang and I answered it.

"Zac, where are you?!" Josh shouted in the call.

"I'm in the CD store."

There was a pause for a while and then he teased, "You're seeing that girl again, riiiight? Now, how's it? Do you know her name already?"

"Yeah."

"Niiiice. My brother is finally growing up," he said and followed by the other's laughter in the background. "Anyway, get back here to the house! Mom is making dinner!"

"Really? Okay, I'll be back home," I said and hung up after I said goodbye.

"I gotta go home, Erika," I said.

"Okay. Don't forget your CD," she said, handing me the CD I bought.

"Oh yeah. Thanks."

"What for? You're the one who bought this and I'm the one who supposed to say thank you."

We both laughed at my idiocy and then I said, "I really should go home."

"Okay. Come back again!" she said after I opened the door.

I smiled and said, "Of course I will."

***

"I talked to her, 'bro! I talked to her!" I said excitedly to Josh.

"I know, Zac. You've told me billion times," Josh said sarcastically.

"I could hear her voice, and I heard her laugh! It's so cute."

"Okay, Zac, okay! You're annoying when you're in love, that's why I never want you to fall in love."

"You're mean! You're not my brother!" I joked as I threw a pillow at him, square in face.

And I just started a cushion fight with my brother.

***

Few months passed, and me and Erika were pretty close. She said she was single, and she was always nice to me. I already met her parents and her friends, so I was thinking it was my time to ask her to be my girlfriend.

I was walking in the downtown, heading to the CD store. And when I was in front of the CD store, I saw she was talking to a guy. Then she saw me standing in front of the CD store and she told me to come in. I walked in and heard news that really break my heart;

"Zac, this is Dave. We're just dating and you're the first one that knew."

First one that knew and first one that broken-hearted.

I forced myself to smile and said, "Congrats."

"Thanks! I'm kind of surprised when he told me he loves me because he never showed it."

"I'm not an expressive person and you know that," Dave said.

She laughed lightly and turned back to me, "What CD are you looking for now?"

"Nothing. I'm just stopping by, but I don't wanna break this happy new couple, so I better..."

"Really? Too bad. Well, see you around?"

"See you around."

I walked outside the store and walked around downtown to cool my mind. But I can't, I've got a crush on her since I saw her in that store.

Well, I got to move on, looking for another girl that's right for me and of course, single. I believed someday there's a perfect girl for me.

I suddenly bumped into a girl.

"Damn, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I said to the girl.

I studied her figure; she has long, blonde with violet streaks and straight hair. Her eyes were beautifully green. Her height was almost the same with Hayley's.

...And she was crying.

"Nah, it's okay," she said, wiping away her tears. "I wasn't paying attention also."

"And why are you crying?"

"I just broke-up with my boyfriend," she laughed lightly. "He cheated on me."

"Really? My crush just got a boyfriend. But I always remember what my mom always told me and my siblings that we got to move on."

"Wow. My mom told the same thing too," she smiled a little. Amazingly pretty.

I think she was the one for me, or maybe not. But why don't I try to give a shot?

"What's your name?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
when i was thinking about the title, suddenly the chorus of the song 'Just the Girl' by The Click Five played in my mind. and it's perfect for my story. funny.

created on December 26th, 2007.
posted on May 25th, 2008.