Shoot 'Em Up, Yeah.

Maybe We're Torn Apart

I've been dating Kyle for almost 2 years, but I don't know he still loves me because he doesn't act like my boyfriend anymore. His fame changes him into a different person, we fight a lot, I run to Ethan's apartment and end up back in our apartment. It always happens like that.

And the second scene is happening right now.

"What's wrong with you Kyle?!" I shout. "You've changed into different person since the band recruited you! I'm not blaming your band; I'm blaming you. You're forgetting about me since you got your fame! Every time you call me you're just like, 'Hello? How are you? Good! I'm fine too. Oh sorry I gotta go'. I know you're not that busy, but if you do, you can adjust between the time to work and the time to be with me!"

He looks down and keeps on saying 'sorry'.

"Sorry doesn't solve it, Kyle," I say, lowering down my voice. "I need some time on my own right now," I say, going inside my room and slam the door.

I walk to my bed and collapse myself on it. Covering my face with a pillow, I cry quietly. I lock myself in my room until the next morning. I didn't lock the door though; he knows he can't come in if we just had a fight because I could throw my things at him.
_______________________________________________________________________

I walk out from my room and go into the kitchen. He's there earlier, sitting on his place drinking his coffee.

"Good morning," he says.

I only say 'hm' as a reply and drink my hot milk that he made for me.

"I'm sorry for yesterday," he tries to talk to me.

I ignore him.

"...Are you still mad at me?" he asks carefully.

I glare at him, stand up, and walk towards the living room with my hot milk. He follows me and sits next to me. I stand up and walk to my room.

"Venny--"

I shut the door in front of his face.

"Venny..." he starts.

I still ignore him. I look over at my small-sized traveling bag and think for a while. I take the bag and put it on my bed and throw some clothes in. I close the bag and put it down. I change my PJs into a pair of jeans and pastel blue t-shirt. I take my white hoodie in case it's cold outside. I take my black over-sized hand bag and the traveling bag and go outside my room.

Kyle, which is standing beside the door, looks at me and follows me to the front door.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

I look at him and say, "You-know-where."

"But why?"

"Why? Why?! Because you're being fucking selfish and rarely care about me! I'm always trying to understand about you and your job but..." I trail off.

I sigh and continue softer, "I want a boyfriend that cares about me, that will be with me every time I want him to. Not a boyfriend that's always in his room writing music in his spare time."

I close the door and began walking to Ethan's house. After few steps leaving the apartment building, I look behind me.

Great, he's not even chasing me, I think and continue to walk.

Few minutes later I arrive in Ethan's apartment. I knock the door and few seconds later the door open.

"Hey," Ethan says. "What's wrong?"

"Mind if I stay here for a few days?" I ask.

"Another fight with Kyle?" he asks and I nod. "Sure, come in."

I walk in and sit on the sofa and he sits next to me.

"Another same problem?" he asks and I nod.

"I don't know what's happening with him Ethan..." I began. "He changed a lot. He's still the same with the person I've met, but not all of it. I know people change, but he changes way too much."

He puts his hand on the side of my head and lean my head on his shoulder, and then puts the arm on my shoulder.

"I just don't understand him anymore..." I say and began to cry softly.

"Shh," he tries to comfort me by hugging me and somehow being with him really makes me comfortable.

I'm done crying for around 30 minutes later. He releases the hug.

"I'm sorry I'm always like this Ethan," I say.

"It's okay."

"...Thanks," I smile.

"Hey, anytime," he replies, smiling. "You're my best friend."

"You know what," I say, leaning my head back on his shoulder. "Being with you is really comfortable even you never say anything to make me comfortable."

"Why thank you."

There is a few moments of silence until he speaks, "Wanna go to your (ex) room?"

"Sure," I say, look at him.

We both stand up and he carries my traveling bag to my ex-room. We were sharing the apartment until I date Kyle. He introduced me to Kyle and we fell in love, though his purpose wasn't to be our 'cupid'. Then I move in to Kyle's apartment.

Ethan loves me more than a friend and I know that. I moved with Kyle not to avoid him, in fact we're still best friends.

He puts my traveling bag next to the bed.

"Thanks, you actually don't need to..." I say.

"Hey, anything for my bestie," he smiles and leaves the room.

I huff and sit on the bed. I open my hoodie and place it beside me with my bag. I lay on my bed and check my phone. No new message and missed call.

Awesome. First he wasn't chasing me when I left our apartment and now he's not even trying to reach me, I think.
_______________________________________________________________________

Ethan just got home at night from a dinner with his band. I look up from the book I was reading.

"Hey," he says, "Haven't gone sleep? It's 9.45 at night."

"It is?"

He nods. I chuckle lightly and continue reading the book. He sits beside me.

"Kyle asked about you at the dinner," he starts.

"And?"

"And you should go back."

I look at him and say, "Why? He's being a jerk. He doesn't try to call me or message me."

"He actually doesn't know what to do. Sure thing Kyle is a sweetie, but not sweet like, 'Hey baby' or something else. You know what I mean?"

I nod. I look at him and notice a small new scar he got on his right cheek.

"What's wrong with your right cheek?" I ask.

He puts his finger on the scar and answers, "I don't know..."

I laugh lightly and while I walk to my room I say, "You're a doofus. Stay there, I'm gonna get a band-aid."

I return with a band-aid and a wet towel, and then sit next to him. I wipe the scar carefully with the wet towel and cover it with the band-aid.

"Done," I say.

"Thanks."

Suddenly there are a few awkward minutes of silence. I try to break that awkward moment by standing up and accidentally get trip down by a carpet in front of the sofa. Ethan tries to catch me but we both end up fall down on the carpet. He falls down on top of me and we're really close.

"I'm so sorry," I stutter.

"No, I'm the one who should say--"

He looks at the eyes and the next thing I know our lips are connected.

"Sorry," he says, pulling away.

I pull him back and kiss him.

Someone else
Kyle walks to Ethan's apartment door and finds that the door is open a little.

I should talk to Venny, I'm really sure she's mad at me, he thinks.

He opens the door a little wider and finds his best friend having a make-out session with his girlfriend. He cancels his action to come in to say sorry to her girlfriend. He closes the door and goes back to his apartment.

He actually really wants to come in and punches Ethan in the face, but he'd better not to because he knows it'll make a huge problem for the band.

Venny
"Venny, you know I still love you, right?" he says and kisses me.

"Mmhm."

He breaks the kiss, stands up, and helps me to stand up. As he kisses me again we walk to my room without breaking the kiss. I sit on the bed and he's still standing, but it doesn't break the kiss.

"IthinkIloveyoutoo," I say quickly and kiss him again.

He kisses back, pulls away, looks at me at the eyes and say 'good night' before he leaves the room.

I stare blankly at the door that he closed. I lie down on my bed and feelkind of guilty for Kyle. But Ethan's not a bad kisser, after all...
♠ ♠ ♠
made on May 25 2008
posted on June 2 2008

two more days until their concert! =D