Status: Hi there... if anyone reads this it'd be cool. I dunno, not really expecting anyone to. :P

A Stitch Away From Making a Scar...

Let Me Tell You Something Now Cause This Love Ain't What It Seems

Valissity felt a little rebellious strapping the skates onto her feet. The freezing ice and the sharp skate blades, all of it screamed ‘something she wouldn’t be allowed to do if she’d bothered to ask first’. They all treated her so carefully, so delicately.
Ashton kept glancing her way and smiling tentatively whenever she caught him. He was adorable and she always felt sort of protective when she noticed how sensitive he was about everything. She didn’t ever want him getting hurt. In a way he almost reminded her of herself sometimes.
Luca on the other hand was a wrecking ball in the shape of a sixty’s hippy whilst also keeping all of her outfits to revolve around the colour black. Right now she was watching the roof of the skating rink curiously as if she could see something nobody else could up there.
Sitting back after finishing with her last skate, she grabbed tight to the side of the chair and stepped awkwardly up onto the ice rink. It was slippery at first and she felt a little unsteady but she got used to it again. She knew that she at one point in time had been amazing at this stuff.
Toes sliding outwards and curving just a little, she got back into the rhythm and skid to the middle of the rink, spinning around and around until she was dizzy and laughing. There was dullness to her actions and it was getting cloudy so she slid back over to the side to catch her breath for a moment. Luca was pulling on Ashton’s hand over at the other side of the rink, trying to get him to come into the middle.
Face red and teeth clenched, he looked absolutely terrified and laughing, Valissity started to skate over to the two. They’d honestly be so adorable as a couple. She’d often wondered if Luca liked Ash like that but looking at them now they were just as cute as friends and she was slightly unsure about Ashton’s sexuality anyway. But who cared? None of that mattered to her honestly.
Friends or a couple, Luca grabbing Ash’s hand and spinning around him while he asked her to stop and laughed before slipping back onto his ass was so cute.
But she couldn’t feel her feet. And as her smile slipped, so did her legs and fingers twitching as she fell it all faded away into black. The ache in the back of her throat was burning and she knew her lungs weren’t working properly. Shit.
Sitting on the wet ice, Ashton was laughing and grabbing Luca’s hand to try and heave him back up into a standing position when he caught sight of Val. She was lying face down on the ice, her pink hair spread around her like candy, so bright against the ice.
“Oh shit!” he exclaimed, trying to skate over and tripping. He fell straight onto his knees and the impact and pain made him wince. But Val was hurt. She could die. “Luca, go and help her please. Quickly! We need to get her to a hospital.”
Skating over to Val and making it look so easy, she tried to pull Valissity up and move her over to the side of the rink. Luca was tiny but as tall as Val was, she was also skinny. So it wasn’t as hard a job as it could have been. But Luca did skid a few times and at the very side of the rink beside the exit she entirely fell over, sending Valissity hurtling onto the carpet floor outside the rink.
Heart pounding in his throat, Ash stumbled off the ice and his fingers fumbled with what usually would have been a steady even process removing his skates. Once they were thrown across the room he didn’t bother with his actual shoes and just picked her up bridal style.
Luca ran up on his side and they exited the stadium fast. The hospital was only around the corner and Val wasn’t breathing. Tossing her in with Luca on the back seat, Ash climbed right into the driver’s seat and turned the key, pressed down on the accelerator and put the car into drive. He had no idea what he was doing.
All he knew about cars were the video games he’d played on Adam’s PlayStation. Keeping the car functions clearly in his mind, he followed the directions he knew to take and possibly ran a red light but they got to the hospital after only five minutes.
The car skidded as he slammed on the brake though and the side of the car was sliced by a sign on the side of the parking spot. No time to worry about Adam butchering him though.
“Ash!” Luca sounded scared. “She isn’t breathing.”
Not answering, he picked her up again and bolted for the Emergency entry door faster than he even knew he could run. His arms ached from carrying her and he went right for the front desk. “Please….sister….passed out… doctor…”
He couldn’t get too many words out but the Triage nurse seemed to get it and she pressed a button under her computer. Doctors spilled out of the hospital door and pushed Valissity onto a bed, pressing a mask to her face.
Crying, Ashton’s hands were shaking. Six. He knew that was a good number. Six breathes, try and breathe six times, and then start over again. Luca was looking teary and scared and she was wringing her hands and giving him doe eyed curious looks.
If she cried it meant he was a bad friend. It meant he’d done something wrong. “It’s okay,” he told her softly, moving over to hug her and brush her hair back. “Don’t worry. She’ll be okay with the doctors.”
Every comforting word was eating at him like sandpaper because as much as he loved Luca and wanted her to not be sad, he just wanted someone to tell him the same thing. God, he just wanted to not feel so panicked.
Every breath was killing him and all he could do was imagine every possible outcome that could happen and he knew he had to call his parents about this but he couldn’t even function just yet. He’d call them once the clock hit eleven. Then it’d be even. If it was even it meant they wouldn’t be mad at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A chapter so short it should be shameful.
Well.