Status: writing when I can!!

A Shaded Touch, a Shadowed Kiss

Chapter 1

A Shaded Touch, a Shadowed Kiss

Name: Lydia Trex

Looks: She is portrayed by Gemma Arterton, older self Helen Mirren

Species: Mutant

Age: 24

Power: She can control the shadows moving in them, dodging attacks by turning into a shadows and can easily infiltrate any building.

Alliance: undecided

Personality: Lydia is flirty and playful but her mutant ability makes it impossible for her to hold a true
relationship with anyone, they all call her a freak and throw her to the side causing her lots of mental pain.

Mutant name: Nightshade

Chapter 1

I sat quietly in the back of the college classroom, my shades pushed up over my eyes as I listened as a student was lecturing his thesis to his fellow students. He spoke fluidly as he looked around the classroom. His blue eyes passed over me but I pulled deeper into the shadow of my black sun hat. He continued lecturing but every once in a while his eyes would flick back towards me. The student finished his thesis as he bowed to his fellow peers who clapped and congratulated him on there way out. I stood slipping quietly out of my seat and down the steps hoping to slip away without being noticed as the student conversed with his friends but he looked up and slipped away from them. I quickened my pace down the hall as he called out to me, “Wait! Miss, please wait!” I rounded the corner hoping to get away from him but I had taken a wrong turn in the large university and I ran into a dead-end. I thought about phasing into the floor but the would be to suspicious.

“Took a wrong turn Miss?” He asked a smirk played across his lips as I turned to face him.

“Yes, I was looking for the stairs,” I said casually.

“I noticed you were looking to leave quickly, but through my whole lecture I was hoping you would like to stay and have a chat with me.

“Why exactly would you want that?” I asked pulling my sunglasses off of my face and looking him over closely.

“As you know I, Charles Xavier, have studied the mutation of genes and you seem to have one with your hair making it quite beautiful but I feel you are here for a different type of mutation. The one that allows me to read your thoughts or the one that allows you to become a simple shadow allowing you to move through walls. Before you freak out you weren't just watching me I was also watching you. I’ve seen you round corners and vanish into thin air. It’s taken me weeks to figure it out but I have and your thoughts have only confirmed my suspicions,” Charles smirked as I crossed my arms across my chest.

“Well done Charles but I must be leaving and quickly I have other engagement,” I smiled slipping my glasses back over my eyes and walking past him. Charles grabbed my hand trying to keep me from leaving.

“I didn’t get your name,” Charles said holding me in place.

“I wasn’t giving it,” I said before phasing my arm causing his hand to fall through the shadow to his side with nothing to hold. I walked away heels clicking as he stared into the back of my head.

I watched closely from the shadow in the crowded pub. Charles was drinking away and his friend Raven glared from a distance. He hit on numerous amounts of girls and was always interrupted by Raven. I laughed as he stumbled into another stool.

I walked from the dark shadows my back dress hugged me tightly as I made my way to Charles. “Hello darling,” I smiled as he looked up at me.

“You know I still didn’t get your name,” he replied as Raven stared me down.

“It’s Lydia, Lydia Trex.”

“Lydia Trex, I like that, rolls quiet well on the tongue,” he laughed.

“So Charles, what exactly at this moment am I thinking about?” I asked making him stop. “Just wondering how well this mind of yours really works I mean you are a mutant correct. And what about your friend Raven over there her real form is much more beautiful than the one she wears,” I spoke his eyes widening at my words.

“How do you know so much about us?” He asked waking up from his drunken stupor.

“I’ve been watching you two for a long time. I know more about you than you know about yourself,”
I replied licking my bottom lip.

“Oh really? Have you seen me naked?”

“I quite possibly have but I would never tell you,” I smirked looking at him. He laughed lightly before I got serious. “I have someone who wants to talk to you, she is a. . . friend of sorts we are mostly just coworkers but we need your help,” I said touching his arm. “I’ll call her in while yo go and party some,” I said walking away to a dark corner and talking out my communication device.

“MacTaggert, can you hear me?” I ask my british accent pushing my words.

“Yes just fine Lydia, are you ready for me?” She ask softly.

“Yes, just do be careful he has been partying a bit,” I laughed lightly before putting the system back in my pocket and returning to Charles who was now participating in a keg stand. Moira walked up beside me her face twisting into a look of shock as Charles completed the stand. Everyone cheered for him as we pushed close to him.

“Congratulations, Professor,” Moira said catching his attention.

“Thank you very much. It’s much harder than it looks, actually,” Charles smiled looking at her.

“No, on your presentation,” Moira corrected his thoughts.

“Charles, this is who I was talking about, meet Moira MacTaggert,” I told him introducing her.

“Oh right, Charles Xavier, and thank you for coming to the presentation that was nice of you,” He said stumbling slightly.

“Do you have a minute?” Moira asked as he looked between her and I.

“For two pretty girls with a mutated MCR1 gene I have five,” HE said with a wink.

“We’re here on business Charles, not to fraternize,” I sighed.

“What?” He asked still not fully understanding the whole situation.

“We need your help,” I said as he answered with a curt nod of his head.

“The kind of mutation that you were talking about in your thesis, I need to know if the may have already happened in people alive today?” Moira asked him as I stiffened slightly. I worked with Moira in the CIA but nobody knew what I really was and soon they were going to find out. “Professor?” Moira called out to Charles who had not said anything but stood there and stared. “I think we should just talk when you’re sober. Do you have any time tomorrow?” Moira asked as the professor snapped out of his trance.

“Something tells me you already know the answer to your question. This is very important to me and if I can help you, I will do my utmost,” Charles said as he look at Moira and I. “She doesn’t know does she?” Charles spoke into my head.

“No,” I mentally replied before turning away from the two and into the crowd of the pub.
♠ ♠ ♠
New please comment!!