Status: writing when I can!!

A Shaded Touch, a Shadowed Kiss

Chapter 2

A Shaded Touch, A Shadowed Kiss

Chapter 2

We stood in the office at the CIA building while Charles explained his theory on mutations and how there are mutants around. “The advent of the nuclear age may have accelerated the mutation process. Individuals with extraordinary abilities may be among us. Thank you very much,” Charles finished explaining bowing his head. The CIA agents didn’t seem impressed and looked at us like we were crazy.

“MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is going to make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men? You just bought yourself a one-way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over,” The agent said in outrage.

“Please sit-down, Agent MacTaggert. I didn’t really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary. It’s apple pecan,” Charles said with a smile and turned slightly to Moira. “I haven’t been entirely honest with you, love. I’m sorry. You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to fo is that I can read your mind,” Charles said but the agents still thought we were joking.

“I’ve seen this before in a magic show. Are you going to ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?” Agent Stryker joked.

“No, Agent Stryker. Although I could ask you about your son, William, who you are thinking about, which is very nice. But I think I’d rather ask you about the Jupiter Missiles America is currently placing in Turkey,” Charles hit it right on the money but he hit it too high. I phased quickly into the shadows around me without being noticed.

“He’s a goddamned spy! You brought a goddamned spy into this facility!” The agent started to yell and get anger but through all the yelling Raven stood up and transformed into Agent Stryker. I quickly pushed myself out of the shadow underneath the table and stood in the center of the table making the men move away from me.

“How’s that for a magic trick?” Charles asked as Raven changed forms and I walked out of the table.

“Best I’ve ever seen,” the man in the back spoke up.

“I want them out of here, and on lock down until I can figure out what to do,” one agents yelled.

“My facility is off site, I’ll take them,” The man in the black suit smiled.

Charles and I met up with the agent in the black suit on the third floor of the parking garage. “I’ve always known that there were people like you out there. I’ve been a laughing stock of the agency for years, but I knew it!” The agent said excitedly. “You’re going to love my facility,” he added.

“That's going to have to wait,” I spoke softly.

“Why?”

“Agent MacTaggert has a lead on Sebastian Shaw, apparently, we’re going to lose him,” Charles said losing slight focus from the man in the black suit.

“What?”

“Not only can Charles read minds he can communicate with them as well,” I explained to the man.

“Moira and I just had a lovely conversation,” Charles added with a smile making my stomach turn with jealousy.

“But I can’t take you anywhere else without permission from upstairs,” the man said wearily.

“Like to see one more magic trick?” I asked the man.

“Okay.

“Get in the car,” I smiled as we opened the doors and piled in.

We all stood aboard the coast guards ship as we moved towards Sebastian Shaw’s. “You know Charles showing off is a bit egotistical,” I said looking at him trying to locate the people aboard the ship.

“But it is quite fun, besides it’s easier to hide mine while yours is very showy,” he smiled looking at my eyes through the dark sunglasses. “Why do you always wear sunglasses?” Charles asked walking closer to me.

“I prefer the darkness over the light,” I stated simply.

“Well it’s such a shame to hide such beauty behind big sunglasses and a big sunhat,” Charles said touching my cheek lightly. I pulled away to hide my blush.

“Charles you’re making me blush,” I laughed lightly. He laughed and went back to focusing on Shaw and the boat.

The boats pulled up around Shaw’s and the loud speaker cut on, “This is the US Coast Guard, do not attempt to move your vessel, stay where you are.”

I watched Charles closely until he flinched and pulled out of his thoughts, “They have a telepath. I’ve lost Shaw, I’ve lost Shaw. There’s something blocking me, this has never happened to me before. I think
there is someone like me on that ship,” Charles said with a little too much excitement.

“Like you,” Moira asked confused.

“A telepath,” I stated simply as Charles nodded.

“This is incredible. I could actually feel her inside my mind. I’me very sorry, but I don’t think I’m gonna be much help tonight, you’re on your own,” Charles said as we looked out to the ship. The wind around us picked up as we saw a man standing on Shaw’s boat, he quickly created two hurricanes and sent the whirling towards us.

“Oh my god!” Moira yelled.

“Jesus, get inside!” A crewman yelled.

“Wait!,” Charles said holding his hands up towards us.

“What’s wrong Charles?” I asked moving to his view.

“There’s someone else out there,” He said scanning through the water, “there,” he pointed to the area where water was being pulled towards.

Charles focused his mind on the person in the water as we all watched closely. Shaw’s ship began to move away from us and the person in the water tried to pull it back but was failing.

“You’ve got to put someone in the water to help him!” Charles yelled at the crewman who stood idle. After the man in the water started to be pulled with the ship Charles jumped over board and grabbed onto the man. After a few moments of not seeing anything two heads popped up out of the water. I ran towards the railing of the boat and watching them closely guiding the boats towards the two men.

“Please, Erik, calm your mind,” I heard Charles say to the man.

“Get off me! Get off!” He yelled back.

“Calm down! Just breathe. We're here!” Charles tried calming Erik as he waved his arm at me.

“Who are you?” Erik asked as they climbed up the rope I threw towards them.

“My name is Charles Xavier,” Charles replied after taking a few deep breaths.

“You were in my head. How did you do that?” Erik asked looking between Charles and I.

“You have your tricks, I have mine. I'm like you. Just calm your mind.”

“I thought I was alone.”

“You're not alone. Erik, you're not alone.”

“There are many people like us out there Erik and it is our task to find them,” I smiled handing them each a towel.

“And how are you like me?” Erik asked drying off his hair. I smiled before disappearing into the shadows of the boat.

“Pretty cool trick isn’t it?” Charles asked with a smiled. I appeared again walking through Erik’s body who nodded in reply to Charles’ question.

“Now onward to the facility correct? I need a good night’s rest,” I sighed leaving the two boys with a wink and a sway of my hips.

“She’s a bit flirty isn’t she?” Erik asked his eyes following me.

“Oh yeah,” Charles replied licking his bottom lip lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review!