Saturday

1/3

You can help but look at your rearview mirror and stare at the precious baby at the back of your car. Her little head bobs along with the beat of Taylor Swift’s Shake It Off that was quietly playing as you drive back to your place. Smiling as you enter the gates and park the car, you think about how you got this little angel in the first place.

***

“Come in Mavis. I’m so glad to see you,” Marie says as she ushers you in to her home.

Both of you went upstairs, immediately, to Ruby’s room. The 7 month old baby was sitting with her Dad surrounded by stuffed animals in various shapes and sizes.

“Oh, look Baby Ruby, Auntie M is here to pick you up,” says Joe as he picks up Ruby.

Dumbfounded, you turn to Marie for an explanation.

“I’m sorry,” she places both her hands on your shoulders,“I know its last minute and I asked you here for a different reason but Joe and I really have to go see my parents and babies aren’t allowed. You and Patrick are the only ones near and responsible enough to take care of Ruby. I’m really sorry, but I promise we won’t take long. We’ll pick her up by 6. Please, Mavis, I will love you even more if you do this little favor for us,” she explains and uses her puppy eyes on you.

You were about to tell them that you have a day planned out with Patrick but you turned around and saw Ruby excitedly holding up her chubby little arms to you. How could you say no to that, you tell yourself.

“Okay Marie, but just because I love this little angle so much,” you resign and walk over to Joe taking Ruby in your arms.
Sure enough, the couple already packed everything Ruby will need for her day with you. You weren’t sure if Patrick will be as pleased to spend the day with Ruby but you just shrugged and thought, If he doesn’tlike it we’ll just go shopping, you and me.

***

“Patrick, I’m home!” you said as you close the door, carrying Ruby by your hips.

“In the kitchen babe,” he yells back.

“Let’s see how Uncle Patrick reacts when he sees you”, you whisper to the baby’s ear as you enter the kitchen.

You gasp as you see what Patrick was doing. You have Ruby, squirming with glee, on your hips as she sees Uncle Patrick giving Bronx a piggy back ride around the counter in the middle of the kitchen, with Penny chasing them around. It looks like they were role playing, Bronx in sporting a sauce pan on his head, his right arm was wrapped around Patrick’s neck in a choke hold, and his other hand has a gun made up of Lego Blocks. Patrick looks a little flushed with all the running and Bronx tight grip.

Patrick stops his movements immediately as he sees you and Ruby, but Bronx doesn’t want to stop, he keeps on saying, ”Go Uncle Patrick!! Go!”, while nudging Patrick’s back, Penny jumping up Patrick’s legs. But Patrick peals Bronx from his back and sets him on the floor.

“Auntie M is here, go say hi first,” he says to the boy pushing him to you.

As Bronx walk to you, Penny following close, he notices Ruby in your arms and comes charging at you.

“Hey little buddy,” you say as he hugs you, his arms by your waist. You got down on your knees so he and Ruby can be leveled. “Say hi Ruby,” you say taking Ruby’s hand and waving it in front of Bronx as she squeals in delight. Penny jumps on your knees and licks Ruby’s arms, her own version of greeting.

“Hi Ruby”, says Bronx as he holds the baby’s chubby cheeks and give her a kiss on the lips. He can’t stop giggling as he greets you, “Hi Auntie M,” pecking you on the cheek.

You hadn’t notice that Patrick move just when you feel his hand on your back. You stand up slowly, moving Ruby to your other hip.

“Hey baby,” you say kissing his check.

“I see you have a little bundle of mess there,” he says referring to
Ruby.

“And I see you also have a whirlwind of disaster here,” you said taking off the sauce pan on top of Bronx’s head.

Bronx looks up to both of you inot comprehending.

“Why don’t you set up a play pen for these little monsters in the living room, while I make some snacks?” you ask Patrick as you move closer to the fridge, looking for child appropriate food.

“Sure babe,” he tells you. “You wanna build a fort, little buddy?” you hear him ask Bronx.

“YEAH!” he responds jumping up and down, Penny barking as she follows Patrick and Bronx to the living room.

You settled for oatmeal cookies, you found beside Patrick’s box of cereals, and freshly squeezed orange juice, of course Ruby gets to eat her own baby food that Joe and Marie packed for her. When you have prepared everything, you call for Patrick to come and help. He picks up the tray and walks back to the living room with you in tow. Your jaw dropped as you saw the fort he and Bronx made in the room. They moved the coffee table to the far wall by the windows. Throw pillows were stacked in the middle of the room, creating a half circle wall. You noticed that you bedroom pillows were there to, scattered on the living room floor. Your comforter and bed sheet was spread across the floor.Bronx was lying on his stomach in the middle, giggling as Penny licks his face.

You chose to sit down beside him, cross legged, placing Ruby between your legs. Patrick sits next to you before placing the tray down. He immediately snatches Penny before she attacks the food on the tray. The four of you and Penny, enjoy the snacks while watching SpongebobSquarepants.

After 2 episodes, you tell Patrick that it’s time for Ruby’s nap, to which he nods, not taking his eyes of the TV. You made your way up to the guest room, while picking up Ruby’s baby bag at the foot of the stairs. You set up her giraffe blanket, laid her down on the bed and changed her clothes that was soiled by baby food. Then you picked her up and gave her the bottle that Marie already made for her. Cradling her, you slowly sway from side to side as she sucks on her bottle. A few more sways and she’s down. As you lay her down, you feel the pull of the soft and comfy bed against your arms, you can’t help but lie down right beside her. Just as you were about to get more comfortable, you hear the bed room door squeak, making you sit up. You see Patrick carrying a sleeping Bronx. You move Ruby to the middle of the bed, making room for Bronx. He lays Bronx down beside Ruby and moves beside you. You sigh looking at these angels, peacefully sleeping. Patrick sits next to you, hugging you from behind. You place your head by his.

“Look at these angels, so innocent, oblivious of the world around them,” you said to him.

“I know, I want one too,” he tells you, staring directly to your eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
TAH-DAH!! What do you think? What will say if Patrick Stump tells you he wants to have a baby with you? ALSO, earlier this week Joe posted a photo of RUBY!! That kid is made up of sugar and spice and everything nice. That happened when I was editting this giving me more inspiration. I hope he posts more photos of her. Anyways, please do comment and rec if you liked it and if not, please tell me if there's something wrong. Happy reading guys!

love lots,
mariz