Slyffindor Tragedy

Slyffindor Tragedy

Gabriella Granger was misplaced from the very beginning. This fact is simply the most reasonable explanation to her undoing. She was the first of her kind; literally. The first of her family, the first of the magical world to be what she was. In essence, her uniqueness left her stranded, alone. In theory, it killed her.

Gabriella had a sister, Hermione Granger. I'm sure you've heard of her, after all, she is the brightest witch of her time, even though she is a muggle born. Yes, when the Sorting Hat was set delicately on Hermione's bushy hair, the only struggle it faced was whether to put her knowledgeable brain in Ravenclaw or her spunky, adventurous side into Gryffindor. We all know what its final decision was.

The Sorting Hat royally destroyed Gabriella. On her first day of Hogwarts, she gave her sister a small smile from the crowd of first years. Hermione returned the smile with one of her own from her perch at the Gryffindor table. She had saved Gabriella a seat in between her and Harry. It would remain unoccupied.

"Granger, Gabriella!" Professor McGonagall had called out. Gabriella flounced to the stool with an undoubtable confidence. She knew her house; she was certain of it. Her only concern was that the Sorting Hat would turn her lovely, brown tresses into a frizzy, tasseled mess.

The hat was set gingerly on her head and immediately began to penetrate her mind.

"So, my dear," it cooed and croaked, "You're quite certain that you'll follow in your sister's footsteps? You intend to be a Gryffindor?"

"Well, that's the plan," Gabriella snapped back in her head.

Traits number one and two; pride and defensiveness.

"Hmmm," the hat mused, "You are much too beautiful and interesting to be a Hufflepuff."

"I know," Gabriella agreed.

Trait number three; arrogance.

"And I don't think the riddles of Ravenclaw are suited for such a girl," it continued.

"Well I'm smart enough, I'm just better than that house," she concluded.

Trait number four; superiority complex.

"Of course you are," the hat humored her, "Though, my dear, I don't see you as a perfect fit in Gryffindor either. You're much too spirited for that house."

"I am not!" she huffed.

Trait number five; stubbornness.

"And you wouldn't even consider Slytherin I suppose?" it inquired.

Gabriella almost laughed, "I could never be a Slytherin. Besides the fact that I'm a muggle born, I'm not evil."

"Not everyone in Slytherin is evil, my dear," the hat informed her, "Look at them, are they really that bad of a group?"

Gabriella craned her neck so that she could gaze at the Slytherin table. "Actually, I can't account for their personalities, but most of the guys are rather attractive. I mean, I know my sister and her friends hate Draco Malfoy, but come on, he's gorgeous!"

Trait number six; vanity.

"Well that settles it then," the hat whispered before shouting, "SLYTHERIN!"


There you have it. Gabriella Granger was officially the first, and only, witch ever to be admitted into the Slytherin house without Pure blood lines. As you may well have guessed, her life in the common room was a living Hell. Luckily; however, Hermione, Ron, Harry, and the other Gryffindors remained loyal to Gabriella. She spent every possible minute with them. In fact, most people jokingly called her a Slyffindor, because of her mixed up, but pleasant, Hogwarts life.

Despite her loving Gryffindor companions, Gabriella longed for more. Unfortunately, the Golden Trio sometimes excluded her. They were their own little group and didn't always prefer her company. Because of this, she wanted to be close, or at least civil, with her fellow Slytherins. After all, she did spend every morning and night in the dungeons with them.
On December 1st of her fourth year, the Golden Trio's fifth, at Hogwarts, her prayers were answered.

Gabriella was leaving Professor Snape's office after an extraordinarily long detention. Of course, she was the only Slytherin which he despised, even though she was the most talented witch in the school. Including her sister.

It was nearly eleven o'clock at night and all Gabriella wanted to do was hurry to her bed and fall into a deep sleep. As one could imagine, this wish could not be answered. When she entered the common room, Draco Malfoy was sprawled out on the couch, as if waiting for her.

"Good evening, Gabriella," he drawled in his sultry way.

"Hello, Draco," she replied, obviously apprehensive, "And what do you want?"

He chuckled, "Always to the point. I just wanted to inform you of something." He rose from the couch and began walking towards her. Gabriella took a few defensive steps backwards, her mind concocting all of the ways in which to escape whatever evil plan he had cooked up.

"I know that you want to be accepted by the Slytherins and I want to help," he stated.

"Why would you, Draco Malfoy, want to make a filthy mudblood like me well liked by the Slytherins?" Gabriella asked snottily.

"We both know you're very talented, not mention extremely sexy," Draco replied, stepping closer to Gabriella again. This time, she did not move away. "Because of these little facts, I have two propositions for you."

"What are they?"

"First off, because of your talent, the Dark Lord would like to forgive you of your blood sins. His blood isn't Pure also, so he understands that you cannot help this. By pledging your allegiance to him, you can have the fulfilled life that you've always dreamed of," Draco whispered silkily, again moving closer. He was now only inches away from Gabriella. "And as for your beauty, well that earns you the opportunity to accompany me to the Yule Ball. Assuming you agree to the Dark Lord's wishes."

Gabriella was a stupid girl, the Golden Trio wasn't enough. She agreed to Draco's demands. She didn't realize the price that they came with.


The sequence of events that followed her late night exchange with Draco came in a whirlwind. When she awoke the next morning, all of her old clothes had been replaced with designer ones. When she entered the common room, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode began chatting with her and escorted her to breakfast. Once in the Great Hall, she was swooped up in a rush of Slytherin girls and pulled away from the Gryffindor table. Much to the surprise of the Golden Trio, Gabriella seated herself next to Draco Malfoy, who wrapped a protective arm around her and smirked at Harry.

By noon, the entire school knew that Gabriella; sweet Slyffindor Gabriella, was now the Slytherin Princess.

One month later, Christmas holiday had commenced. Instead of going home with her sister, Gabriella was taken to Malfoy Manor. Here she received two gifts; a black tattoo and a diamond ring. She wore both on her left arm and hid them both with a silk, arm length glove.
Nine months later, on September 1st, she boarded the Hogwarts Express with her Slytherin comrades to begin her fifth year of Hogwarts. She had not seen her family in all of that time.

She spent the summer at Malfoy Manor, as she did on Christmas holiday. This time, she received only one gift; the name Malfoy.

Gabriella became a hollow shell. She was horribly depressed. She knew that her Slytherin friends really didn't care about her, only her title and popularity. Her family had disowned her, which she knew that she deserved. Her mind had become filled with Dark Magic and the laws of Pureblood society. The only thing she was sure of was Draco's love for her. But how could she honestly be certain of even that?

"What's wrong, Love?" Draco asked, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her collarbone softly as she stood staring at herself in the mirror.

"I can't stand this, Drake," she admitted, "I hate who I have become."

"What do you mean? You're a powerful, beautiful, loved woman. What more is there to ask of the world?"

"Yes I am powerful, yes I have beauty," Gabriella agreed, "But am I truly loved? Who in this universe really loves me and not my title?"

"Okay," Draco sighed, kissing her again, "Perhaps your friends don't love you. After all, they are as shallow as a single drop of water." Gabriella couldn't help but smile at this.

"But, Gabby, Love," Draco whispered, turning her around to face him, "I do love you. Never doubt that."

"I love you too," Gabriella promised, as he pulled her into his embrace.


Love does not make the world go round. Love is never enough.

Draco was the only thing in her life that she cherished and he had spent his entire sixth year of Hogwarts locked up in the Room of Requirement. He would never tell her what he was doing, only that it was a secret errand for the Dark Lord. Without Draco's company, Gabriella suffered more than usual. Eventually, despite her profound love for her husband, she decided she was finished.

Gabriella wrote a note to Draco and another to Hermione. When she was done, she sealed them both with a kiss and called a house elf to her.

"Yes, Miss?" it asked.

"Take these to the owlry and have them delivered immediately," she ordered.

"As Miss wishes," the elf said before bowing and disapparating, letters in hand.

With her final words written out to the two people she loved most in the world, Gabriella withdrew her wand from her robes. She shed only a single tear, for the being she was depriving of life.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, "But I just can't. Not anymore."

She clutched her stomach and pointed her wand at her heart.

"Avada Kedavra!" she stated with conviction.

With a loud thump, Gabriella Malfoy fell to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of my one shots from my other account. I'm using my one shots as testers in a way, because there doesn't seem to be a very big Harry Potter community on mibba. Anyway, let me know what you think and if you would like to read some more of my stories!