Pretty as a Car Crash

Chapter Five

Don’t push your luck

Image
made by heartofthevampire @ the Quizilla! Forums

Standing in front of me is a platinum blonde Barbie look-a-like with one hand placed on her hip with attitude; except this Barbie is edgier than most.

“You must be Chrissie Emerson.” I state, narrowing my eyes at the intruder.

“That I am. And you are?” Chrissie places a hand on her jean clad hip before blowing a blue bubble and popping it with a snap.

“This is Jessica and I’m Maria. It’s nice to meet you, yeah.” Maria steps in, putting one of her hands on my right shoulder.

Chrissie just nods once before blowing another bubble of gum and popping it loudly and obnoxiously. The three of us stand in silence not knowing what to say next and not wanting to say anything.

“Well…I see you’ve found the bathroom.” Maria says meekly, breaking the silence.
“Yea. It’s awfully small, but it will have to do.”

“Well, it’s a dorm room. It’s either a small, personal bathroom or a large, communal one. Take your pick.” I reply quickly, already disliking this new girl. Chrissie glares at me before replying with a “whatev.”

She turns on her heel and heads back into the bathroom, maneuvering around a pile of clothes. I turn to Maria who is now sitting on the edge of her bed, looking about the dorm with a blank expression.

“Well?” I ask, sitting down next to her, leaning over to get a clear look at her face.

“Well what?” Maria asks, directing her attention towards me.

“Well, what are you thinking about?” I clarify, continuing to stare at her head as I smirk.

“Not much. Hey, what do you think of Peter, yeah?” I look at her dumbly for a few seconds before shrugging.

“He seems nice enough. Why? Does Mar-mar have a little crush?” A toothy smile spreads across my face as Maria’s face turns pink as she stammers. Maria only stammers when she’s nervous. “That’s what I thought.” I state smugly, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Whatever.” She grumbles, sulking a bit.

Later that night, while Maria and I are working on homework, Chrissie bursts into the main room from the bathroom.

“Where is the towel warmer!?” She questions, snapping her gum.

God is she annoying or what?

I glance at Maria then back to Chrissie, the dim light of the night stand lamp casting shadows onto the caramel colored walls.

“You are aware that you are at a University, not a four star hotel, correct?” I ask, setting my camera gently in my lap and folding my hands over my chest.

“Well, duh, I would just think that even a hell hole like this would have a minuscule thing like a towel warmer, but I guess not.” Chrissie stands in the threshold of the bathroom door; the two of us having a staring contest. Maria clears her throat, bringing our attention to her.
“Obviously you guys don’t exactly like each other.”

“Obviously.” Chrissie mumbles, interrupting Maria’s little speech.

“But we are going to be room mates for a while.” Maria goes on, ignoring Chrissie’s comment. “So can we all just get along or at least tolerate each other, yeah?”

Chrissie and I look at Maria then at each other, slightly surprised expressions covering our facial features.

“Sure. I suppose I can tolerate her.” I shrug, watching Chrissie’s expression carefully. Her eyes narrow and she sniffs before replying.

“I guess. I’ll only tolerate her though.”

Maria smiles proudly and says, while clapping her hands together once, “Okay now shake on it!”

Chrissie and I glare at her, the universal sign of ‘Hell no!’. As Chrissie heads back into the bathroom to do Hell knows what, tossing her hair behind her shoulder in the process, I grunt and say “Don’t push your luck, Mar-mar.” before picking my camera back up and continuing to look at some pictures I had taken for a class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter five! Enjoy!
Also, if you haven't read my journal titled "Pretty as a Car Crash" I suggest you do.
=]
Comment please! I appreciate all of them.