Status: Comments are always accepted and I update whenever I can! <3

Exclusive

Leo the Elephant

"You're coming?" Pandora and Gabriella both asked at the same time, except where as Gabriella was excited, Pandora was livid.
"Yes, she is." Jared stepped forward and challenged her. "I went upstairs and helped her get dressed. Don't you think she looks lovely?"
The witch gritted her teeth. "Marvelous."
She whirled around and made her way to a still stunned Julian who raised his hand for her return. She grasped it and began furiously whispering in his ear. He turned his head so he could listen to her better and seemed to be trying to purposely not meet my eyes.
"This is great!" Gabriella swished up to me in a golden-brown sleeveless turtle neck dress, decked out with sequins and pale pumps. "I'm so glad you're coming. After you left so quickly last night, I wasn't sure if we left a good impression..."
I instantly felt guilty for not agreeing to stay last night and also originally saying no to going out earlier that day. It wasn't fair that I had unconsciously shunned the Aveses solely because I wanted nothing to do with Julian. I decided then and there that I wasn't going to let my irrational "feelings" for Julian get in the way anymore. I had nothing more than an teenage infatuation with the guy and he was still a stranger. The way I was acting was petty and I knew I could do better. Besides, if he egomaniacal bossy narcissistic popular girls were his preference, I definitely didn't want to ever be his type.
"Don't worry, your impression was perfectly fine." I assured her.
We started for the sliding front doors, Gwen and Gabriella still raving about my dress as we moved along. I noticed Julian eyeing me as well and I held my chin up, refusing to acknowledge him.
We walked outside, probably looking all the world like important celebutantes on the way to a red carpet premiere. Jared, Gwen, Gabriella and I turned left and walked the short distance to our cars in wait. The four of us piled into the first one while the rest of the group split into the two remaining Lincolns. The windows were dark, but I didn't need to see with my eyes to know that Julian and his vampiress would be riding alone together. Jared instructed the driver where to go and then we were off.
"Those three you saw," Gwen snapped me out of my reverie. I refocused on the interior of the car and took in that she looked stunning in a grey silk skinny strap dress and sandals. "They're Don, Leo and Adriana. You would have met them last night but you didn't get to stay."
She gave me a little pout and I laughed. "I promise to stay next time."
"Will you?" Gabriella perked up, snapping her compact mirror shut.
"If you'll have me."
"Of course!" She gushed. "We were even thinking of-"
"Will you pipe down back there? You're going to overwhelm the kitten."Jared implored from the passenger seat.
Gabriella flicked his ear across my seat and immediately sat back down as if she hadn't moved.
"Baby sister, act your age, not your IQ." He sighed.
"Anyways, Olivia, I completely forgot to ask you last night if we'd be seeing you at Anton Academy this fall."
"Anton Academy?" Any school that had the same abbreviated initials as Alcoholics Anonymous didn't sound very promising to me.
"We say Acad for short." Gwen interjected. "It's a three year academia for kids like us who don't attend public school."
"Daughters and sons of some of the worlds most influential socialites and business moguls all thrown together in one big over-privileged pot. It's totally fun. And just easier that way." Gabriella shrugged. "Instead of lording our money over those of the middle-class, we stay with our own."
Jared glared at his sister over his shoulder. "A bit high and mighty, dontcha think?"
"No I don't." She glowered right back. "I have nothing against the general public, I'd just prefer not to be treated a certain way because not everyone's parents have made a name for themselves through hard work and determination."
I felt like I was caught in the middle of a western shootout. I tried to turn away but Gwen suddenly became interested in her cellphone. He looked back to the front and she exhaled once the eye contact was broken, looking into her lap. It was obvious that there was a story behind her outburst but I decided a subject change would be a good idea.
"Does everyone go to the Academy?" I asked softly.
She took a deep breath before she answered. "Yeah. This will be the first year for Adriana and I, along with a few of our other friends who aren't in town."
"It is really exciting on your a first year, I promise!" Gwen gave me a perfect-toothed smile, her accent helping her further entice me.
"Julian, Leo and Dora are second years. Don, Jared and Gwen are seniors, so we would be the babies of the school." Gabriella visibly brightened at the thought.
"You mean babes of the school." Gwen winked.
I laughed and considered what they were suggesting. "Where even is this school?"
"Only a twenty minute walk from home." She said.
"More like a ten minute drive." Jared countered, "We can't all be as beautifully active as you Gwen."
The driver took a last right turn and pulled up to a swank restaurant with a gorgeous awning out front, decorated by white lights and blooming plants. The cursive ivory Aloma's sign glowed above the entrance, welcoming all passerby with strategically placed ground lights.
I stared in awe. "Don't family owns this place?"
"And every other chain in the globe." Gabriella answered proudly.
Jared made a show of scurrying out of the car and opening the door on Gwen's side of the Lincoln. He helped her out, taking her hand and kissing it as she rose before repeating the same thing with me and then his sister, sans the peck on the hand. We smiled as we each stood, saying "Thank you sir" and assembling in a line facing the vehicle. He bowed dramatically and we all cracked up laughing. The rest of the group joined us, forming a disfigured circle.
Gwen was the first to recover from our laughing fit so she introduced me to the unfamiliar faces.
"Olivia this is Don Milano, Leonardo Grand and Adriana Castille. Everyone, this is Olivia."
Don was outstandingly handsome up close and muscular, with black hair that was slicked back and shaved on the sides, a black dress shirt rolled up to the sleeves that revealed arm tattoos underneath, and Levi's over black dress shoes. He had a short, thick, but trimmed boxed beard, a straight nose and blue eyes.
"Hi." He gave me a small crinkle eyed smile. "Have you been to Aloma's before?"
"No it's my first time." I answered shyly, feeling like what I said had a double meaning. I turned to Adriana and was suddenly engulfed in a hug.
"It's so nice to meet you!" Her Brazilian accent prominent. I nearly choked on her potent, sweet peachy perfume but firmly held my composure. "Gabby wasn't lying when she said you are pretty!"
The ways her voice fluctuated in excitement made me smile even more on top of her compliment. "But I'm pretty sure she meant 'pretty' gorgeous!"
"Well you're very gorgeous yourself. Your outfit is amazing."
"Thank you. I bought it this morning." She preened, posing from side to side. I really did like her blood orange puffy sleeved top and white skirt. It emphasized fiery orange bob and made her dark eyes pop. It was a look I knew I could never pull off but here she was, looking more flawless than porcelain.
"Nice to finally meet. Pleasure's all yours." Leo gave me a cocky grin and everyone burst out laughing.
"You'll have to excuse Leo. He has way too much brain space and not enough to fill it." Adriana smacked his arm lightly.
"I make up for that in great hair, looks, teeth, love-making, drinking skills..." He drawled. I wanted to dismiss Leo for his attitude but couldn't seem to entirely, due to the fact that he could back up his claims. He had unorthodoxly beautiful long brown hair, cheekbones that grazed the clouds, a beard slightly more outgrown than Don's, eyes that were the perfect mix of brown and blue, and the straightest smile I'd ever seen. He had his hair tied back in a high lazy bun but was still as dressy as Jared in black pants, a beige shirt and dark tie.
He was definitely attractive. But his personality gave him the opportunity to be repellant.
"Is this what you do in job interviews? Because I feel like it's something you'd do." Pandora teased.
"And it would explain why you're never employed." Don added.
"No but now that I think about it, I probably should." He smirked.
"You shouldn't." Jared rolled his eyes. "Let's go. Jay is getting restless."
We followed him into the restaurant in pairs, taking the four steps down to the entrance.
"Kitty!" Adriana squealed from in front of Gwen and I, smothering my poor baby in Jared's hands. Jay was surprisingly calm and seemed to be enjoying all of the attention.
The interior of Aloma's was breathtaking. The floor entrance was cobblestone brick that broke off into patterned flooring. A few miniature chandeliers hung from the high ceiling and beams of low light streaked across the room. Polished, black circle tables were situated throughout the space and larger booths were built along the walls.
We were seated at one of the bigger booths in a corner, far from the front door but nearer to the kitchen. The restaurant was fairly empty so our server came almost instantly.
"Benvenuto e buona sera a tutti. Welcome and good evening." The girl smiled. "I am Santina and I will be your waitress for tonight. Can I start you guys off with some wine?"
I looked around at everyone, a bit shocked. I knew we were dressed nice but I didn't think Leo's handsomely-boyish face or Ariana's doll eyes would fool anyone.
"Some caviar for the kitten please." Jared commanded.
"The usual starters, Santi." Don leaned back against the soft leather cushion and folded his hands in front of him on the table. "How's your summer been? Is your mom back from the Vineyard yet?"
"No, uncle. She'll be back next week with my sister." Santina informed him as she finished scribbling down Jared's order.
"Good good. Is Pip working the kitchen tonight?" He asked eagerly.
"Yeah he just got in fifteen minutes ago."
Don slid out of the booth and stood tall. "Be right back guys."
"And I'll be back with your drinks." Santina hastened after him.
"They offer wine to minors here?" I whispered to Gabriella. She and Jared had sat on either side of me at the other end of the circular booth, with him closer to the middle and her being on the edge.
"Their Italian. They offer wine to babies." She jested back quietly.
"Gweny, did you ask new girl if she's enrolled?" Leo asked, sucking butter off of his fingers. "We can never have too many pretty faces on campus."
"Yes we were discussing it in the car." Jared answered, stroking Jay's fur before passing him over to Gwen. "The deadline is in a few days, Liv. August 20th I think?"
He looked to his sister for assurance and she nodded. "The dean said all registration procedures will halt on the twentieth of August, no exceptions. After that you'll have to wait until second sem to apply."
"What a shame that would be." Pandora muttered under her breathe.
"Unless you work a little magic and persuade the dean." Jared added, mischieviously raising an eyebrow.
"Persuade?" I asked dubiously.
"Yes, persuade." Adriana winked, rubbing her fingers together. "All you need to do is throw a few stacks of green his way and he will melt in your hands."
"Leo's parents have probably paid for the mans next ten years of vacation from the amount of times their son has escaped suspension."
"I'd have to think about it I guess. A few days isn't much time, but I'll see what my dad says-"
"I already know what I want." Pandora closed and put down her menu, interrupting me. She sat opposite of Gabriella, in between Julian and Leo, but was still in my line of vision. I just let out a deep breath and looked away.
"You barely eat anything when we go out lately." I heard Julian say to her quietly.
"That's not true." Gwen put in. "I had to hold her back from killing my bundt cake yesterday."
"Oh shut up." Pandora snapped. "It's one of the few things you bake that I even like."
"Few? You mean like my cookies-"
"And her strawberry muffins?" Leo laughed.
"Or her fudge brownies?" Adriana purred. I turned back and flicked my eyes to whoever was calling her out next, trying my hardest to hide my glee that came from her embarrassment.
"And those two dozen quiches you swallowed at last month's mixer?"
"And half of her weekly banana bread batches?"
"Or how about the 15 mini macadamia nut bread loaves you cleared up two weeks ago when Gwen was a bit sad and went on a baking binge?" Jared taunted her.
Pandora stared at him, slack jawed.
"Yes. I saw you do that." He smirked.
"I rescind my previous comment." Julian said, hiding his amusement poorly.
"Whatever. You guys are all rude." She lifted her dark ponytail and placed it behind her shoulder.
I looked at the menu and picked something that I couldn't pronounce but had a promising visual of chicken and veggies.
Leo grinned, spreading his hands wide and leaning forward. "So are we going to ride the elephant in the room or what?"
♠ ♠ ♠
For those who've previously read, I made changes to Leo's character.