Status: one shot

Oh My, My, My

1/1

It was their tenth wedding anniversary. Alex an Jack had been married for 10 years. Jack was thirty one, Alex thirty three. Here they are now, still going just as strong as ever, just as in love as ever.

He said, I was seven and you were nine. I looked at you like the stars that shined, in the sky, like pretty lights.

Jack remembered it like it was yesterday. Jack had always looked up to Alex. The two boys had always been so close, practically inseparable. It was never just Alex, never just Jack. It was always Alex and Jack.

Our daddies used to joke about the two of us, growing up and falling in love

Bassam and Peter had taken their fair share of cracks at the two's relationship. Things like, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were in love." or " They're totally a couple."

Take me back to the house in the backyard tree. Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me. You never did. You never did

Their dads had built them a tree house in Alex's back yard. That's where the majority of their time was spent.

"Jaaaack, you cheated." a ten year old Alex pouted.

"I did not. You just suck at board games." eight year old Jack retorted.

"I'm gonna kick your butt!" Alex smirked.

"You're lying." Jack stated simply.

"You don't know that." Alex shot back.

"Dude, you just gave yourself away." Jack laughed. He only received an eye roll in return.

Jack smiled fondly at the memory. Alex never did kick his butt either.

Take me back when our world was one block wide. I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried. Just two kids, you and I.

Jack was twelve now, Alex fourteen. They were sitting at the park about a block away playing a game of truth or dare.

"Truth or dare, Alex?" Jack was getting a little bored. Alex kept picking truth and I mean, the two didn't have any secrets so what was the point?

"Uhh... Truth."

"Seriously, Alex? You chicken."

"I'm not a chicken Jack."

"Alex is a chicken! Alex is a chicken!" Jack sang.

"Alright, then truth."

Jack smirked. "I dare you," Jack paused. "to kiss me." Alex looked a bit shocked, but none the less, leaned in to press a kiss to Jack's lips. Suddenly, Jack got up, sprinting away, and leaving Alex to nearly fall over. Jack ran all the way back to Alex's house and climbed up into the tree house.

"Jack, you little jerk. Who's the chicken now?" Alex and Jack were both laughing, out of breath.

" I didn't think you'd actually do it." Jack shrugged.

Well, I was sixteen when suddenly, I wasn't that little girl you used to see. But your eyes still shined like pretty lights

"Happy sixteenth birthday, Jack!" Alex shouted. He handed him envelope. Jack took a look at it before opening it. Alex watched his the younger's face split into a wide grin.

"No fucking way!" Jack exclaimed when two VIP tickets for Blink 182 fell out. Alex only nodded.

"You are seriously the greatest person ever, Alex. I fucking love you." he pulled his best friend into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you too, Jack."

Little did they know, neither one meant it in the way each other was thinking.

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us.

Little did their parents know, the two boys were already in love.

Take me back to the creek beds we turned up. Two A.M. riding in your truck and all I need is you next to me.

"C'mon Jack. Lets go." Alex pleaded.

Jack sighed. "Okay, Lex."

The two boys tiptoed through Jack's house. They climbed into Alex's car, and began to drive. They stopped at this little creek that was nearly dried up. Alex grabbed a blanket from his back seat before running around to Jack's side and opening the door. He led Jack out to the grass. He laid out the blanket and pulled Jack to lay down with him. Jack curled into Alex's side, inhaling the scent he had come to love.

"I love you, Lex"

"I love you too, Babe." Alex smiled. The two laid there for a while, cuddled up and talking about nothing. Alex checked his phone.

"Jack, hun, It's nearly two a.m. Do you wanna head back and maybe stop at a taco bell?"

Jack nodded. "That sounds nice."

Take me back to the time we had our very first fight. The slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight. You stayed outside till the morning light.

"Fuck you, Alex! Jack screamed with tears running down his face. Alex had been rude and snappy all day and Jack was tired of it. Alex had no right at all to take his bad day out on Jack.

"No, Jack. Fuck you!" Alex grabbed a blanket from the closet and his pillows from their bed. He stormed out of their room and out the front door. He climbed into his car, laying the seat back as far as it could go. He curled up and attempted to sleep. He couldn't close his eyes though. He was so angry, but now the anger was more towards himself. All he could picture was the hurt on Jack's face. He had just left Jack in there alone to cry. Alex had never felt worse about anything. He blinked, trying to stop the tears. It was useless because a few seconds later the tear were flowing freely as he sobbed to himself in the front seat of his car.

It was nearing seven a.m. when Alex went back inside. He found Jack laying in their bed cuddled up to a pillow, wide awake, and with tear stains on his face. Alex felt the urge to cry all over again. He had done that. He had hurt the one he loved most.

"Jack. Jack baby, I'm so sorry. I love you so, so, so much." Alex whispered, He didn't trust himself to speak any louder. He climbed into bed and pulled Jack into his side. He buried his face in Jack hair, pressing kisses to the top of his head.

A few years had gone and come around. We were sitting at our favorite spot in town.

Alex and Jack were walking along the board walk. They had just gotten dinner at their favorite restaurant, but weren't ready to head home just yet. Alex was singing softly to Jack. It made Jack's heart melt. Alex was such a romantic, and had such a lovely voice. Alex was probably Jack's favorite sound. Suddenly Alex stopped and turned Jack to face him.

And you looked at me, got down on one knee

Alex knelt down.

"Jack, we've known each other for so long. We've literally been through everything together. I'm pretty sure you know me better than I know myself, if I'm honest. And fuck, I had this nice little speech planned out but now I can't seem to remember it. I feel like I always forget what I'm about to say around you. I still get butterflies when you walk in the room. I love you more than anything in the world and nothing would make happier than if I got to spend the rest of forever with you. So I guess what I'm trying to say is.."

Alex fumbled to get the small box out of his pocket.

"... Jack, will you marry me?" Jack had tears in his eyes.

"I - I - I.. Alex, I... Yes! Yes, a thousand times yes!" Jack was nodding and crying, and smiling so wide it almost hurt. Alex broke out in a grin and slid the ring onto Jack's finger. He stood up and pulled Jack into him. He snaked his hands around his fiance's waist and pressed a kiss into his lips. The kiss was sweet, passionate, and nothing but love.

Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle

Jack and Alex were walking hand in hand. They had decided to walk down the isle together. They had on matching tuxedos with and they both had on a red tie. They had decided on red to color coordinate with the centerpieces, which were rose bouquets. They had chosen roses as a symbol of love because they had fallen so hard in it with each other. Neither could picture their life with anybody, or anywhere else. They turned and faced each other at the altar.

Our whole town came and our mamas cried.

They looked at everyone there, seeing their moms right in the front, both with tears in their eyes.

You said I do and I did too

"Jack, I love you so, so, so much. I love you more than anything. I'm so happy that I'll get to spend the rest of forever and I would not with myself anywhere else than with you. And baby, I know that we have our fights, we're not perfect. I'm not perfect, neither are you. Love is seeing the flaws of someone else, and still loving them just as much as before, and baby, I am head over heals in love with you."

"Alex, I love you with every last little piece of me and everything I have. I can't even put into words how much you mean to me. It's always been you and I and I wouldn't want it any other way. You have made me the happiest person ever. I love being around you more than anything else. You always know just what to say and when to say it. I love so much, Lex and I couldn't think of a greater way to spend my life than with you."

"Alex, do you take Jack to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Jack, do you take Alex to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"You may kiss."

Alex pulled Jack into what was probably the most passionate kiss the couple had ever shared. Everyone was standing up, clapping and cheering for the newly wedded couple.

Take me home where we met so many years before. We'll rock our babies on that very front porch. After all this time, you and I.

They were three years into married life, and had just recently adopted a couple of children. They had adopted beautiful twin girls, Kylee and Vanessa.

It was a lovely summer night and the couple was sitting out on the porch swing, each holding a sleeping baby.

They were still Alex and Jack.

I'll be eighty-seven; you'll be eighty-nine. I'll still look at you like the stars that shine. In the sky, oh my my my...

And they always would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took forever to do. I messed up my shoulder when I was stunting in cheer practice, so I had to type this entire thing with one hand. Anyways, I hope you like it.