Status: Slightly AU - Updates are infrequent

I Wanna Be Yours

Chapter Three: Emmett's POV

How long was he going to have to do this? To go to class everyday? To be a student everyday? He’d graduated dozens of times from dozens of different schools, and not once had he learned anything he didn’t already know.

But, unlike the other years he’d spent as a senior in high school, this time was different.

Because he was alone.

Now, Emmett had no problem accepting the fact that he and Rosalie had been having problems. Yes, they argued, and yes, he was pretty sure she hated him, and yes, the sex wasn’t all that great anymore...but she was his. She was his first everything.

Well, that’s not totally true.

Before Rosalie had found him, he’d had his fair share of women. But they were all so meaningless; so hollow. There was no love or companionship or any of that sappy shit that you’d see in movies. It was just sex.

Then along came Rosalie.

She was the first real beautiful thing that Emmett had seen, and considering she’d rescued him when he had one foot in the grave, she became so much more. He’d fallen so hard for her that he can hardly remember what life was like without her.

So, last summer, when Rosalie trampled over his heart and gave her own to that filth named Cal, Emmett learned quickly what his life was like without Rosalie. At first, he was brokenhearted, having cared so much for this woman, but soon after, the oldest of the Cullen boys soon realized his life wasn’t all that different. No, there wasn’t as much sex, but he still liked the same music, and the same sports, and the same things...he hadn’t changed much.

But he was so fucking lonely.

Carlisle had Esme, Jasper had Alice, Edward was a broody little shit but he was perfectly content that way, and Rosalie had that prick Cal. Everyone was happy and comfortable and Emmett felt so out of place.

“Emmett, would you mind toning down the “woe is me” thoughts, please? They are giving me a headache,” Edward griped beside his brother, the two walking down the illuminated hallways of Forks High, their porcelain skin nearly shining in the lighting.

Emmett frowned, casting a dirty look at Edward. “Really? You really wanna go there with me, Eddy? Because if I remember correctly it wasn’t all that long ago that you were sitting in your room, loudly brooding over your piano, keeping all of us from peacefully relaxing.”

“I was not-”

“Oh, but you were. And stay out of my head, dammit,” Emmett muttered. “You know, Eddy, you-”

Something smacked solidly against Emmett’s chest, sending whoever had bumped into him stumbling. His eyes casted away from his brother, and instead focused on a pair of frustrated, hazel orbs scowling up at him from behind thick lashes.

Emmett watched the girl eye him; her gaze was pulsing. He discreetly drank in her features: hazel eyes, plump lips, soft freckles, warm auburn hair, a slight indent in her right cheek, and a small diamond on the right side of her nose.

His lips twitched into a grin when the word dimples escaped her lips, and her cheeks turned scarlet. “I, uh, I meant to say sorry. I didn’t mean to run into you like that...” He could see the embarrassment and discomfort in her features, and Emmett, being the gentleman he was, made an attempt to save her from her the awkward situation, but was cut short when the sudden feeling of her warm skin seeped onto his fingertips. How long had his hand been on her shoulder? Why hadn’t he noticed it before?

An abrupt scent of honey, cinnamon, and pine wafted into his nostrils and he swallowed. God, she smells so fucking good, Emmett mused, leaning slightly closer to the shorter girl.

“Emmett,” A tight, feminine voice spoke from down the hall, causing Emmett to snap back. Alice watched the two nervously, her eyes shining with warning. Ah, dammit, He thought. Alice wouldn’t interrupt for nothing. After a rushed glance in the girl’s direction, Emmett quickly fled, leaving the girl and following after the shorter Cullen.

“Who is she, Alice?” Emmett asked after the two had turned the corner. He was flustered, impatient, and...well, slightly turned on.

Hey, the girl was hot.

Alice sighed, her golden eyes narrowing at her restless older sibling. “I’m not sure yet, Em. All I know is that she’s important, okay?”

“Important, how?” Emmett groaned. “You’re the psychic, short stack. Figure it out.”

“It’s not--” Before Alice could finish her sentence, the bell had rung and they were officially late to class. “Great, now I’m late and I still have to find Jasper. Thanks a lot, Em.”

Emmett smirked at Alice’s frustrated huff, and gently flicked her ear. “Yeah, yeah, my apologies. Look, the minute something comes to you, let me know. I’m serious. This shit’ll be bugging me all day.”

The two said their goodbyes. Alice left to find Jasper, and Emmett reluctantly went to class, hoping to clear his head of the hazel-eyed, auburn-haired girl.

---


“Emmett.”

“Shortie.”

“I have good news for you.”

Emmett paused, forgetting the books in his locker, and turned to Alice. She was smirking at him, which only meant one thing: she knew something he didn’t. “What is it?”

“Your little mystery girl’s name is Avery. She’s eighteen, has a sister named Bella, and their father is the sheriff,” Alice said lightly, tiptoeing around the much larger Cullen. “You and her...well, you two will become quite acquainted.”

Emmett had to stifle his grin. “Acquainted how? Like, sexually?”

Alice’s pixie-like face scrunched at her brother’s bold language and she rolled her golden eyes. “That’s rather disgusting. And it’s definitely not something I want to discuss with you, so let’s just say you and her get along very well.”

Emmett’s grin intensified until he noticed Alice watching him closely with a slight smile on her lips. Emmett raised a brow. “What?”

“She’s going to make you happy, Em,” Alice murmured, her voice taking on a more serious tone. “I don’t know how yet, but she’s going to make you feel full again.”

A snort sounded from behind the shorter Cullen, and Emmett’s insides churned. Rosalie, with striking blonde hair and gold eyes, watched the pair with a smug look of distaste. Cal stood beside her, gazing at the young woman with an unhidden amount of adoration. Emmett glared at the ginger-haired vampire, turning his attention back to his locker.

“Hey, Rose,” Alice murmured.

Rosalie ignored the smaller Cullen and smirked at her former lover. “So, who’s the new girl, Em? Oh, God, please don’t tell me she’s a freshman. You’re nearly a hundred years old and yet you go for a girl who hasn’t even hit puberty yet.”

“Don’t do this, Rose. Not here. Not now,” Emmett snarled, his hand curling around the side of his locker door. The metal bent, and four, finger-sized craters were molded into the frame.

Cal took a step in front of Rosalie and bared his teeth at Emmett in warning. Emmett rolled his eyes, tempted to lunge at the pathetic excuse for a vampire and tear his head right of his body, but the largest Cullen thought better of it.

Humans + Decapitated heads = Bad news.

Emmett swallowed, coaxing down his anger, and instead turned to Alice who was watching him with concern. “I’ll see you at lunch,” He murmured. He then turned on his heel, ignoring the other two vampires, and slipped around the corner.

Halfway through the day, McCarty, Emmett told himself. Just a couple more hours until you’re home free.

---


Lunch time, as usual, was ridiculously and unimaginably loud. Why teenagers, or people in general, felt the need to talk so loudly, Emmett could never understand. But, to keep his image, he ignored the deafening cafeteria and sauntered towards his seat.

“I see you haven’t ripped Cal’s head off today,” Edward mused in his brother’s ear. “I’m proud, Emmett.”

“Shove it, Eddy,” Emmett growled. He could feel the tension in his shoulders start to tighten at the mention of the bastard’s name, and he quickly glanced across the table. Sitting beside Alice and Jasper, Cal had one arm around Rose’s waist and his other hand fisted into her blonde hair. The two were making out heavily, and before Emmett could comment on his overwhelming amount of disgust, a familiar scent rose above the rest.

Cinnamon.

Honey.

Pine.

Emmett’s eyes snapped forward and quickly found who the scent belonged to.

She sat there, her hip pressed against another girls with her hand rested on her jean-clad knee. He watched her push a long, auburn lock from her face before turning in her seat and glancing in his direction.

He watched her; fascinated, intoxicated. Her hazel eyes skimmed over his family members slowly, until they finally settled on him.

Her eyes widened.

They watched one another for a few, short seconds, until a soft ‘woah’ left her lips and Emmett smirked.

Oh, yeah, sweetheart, Emmett mused. ‘Woah’ is right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Here's chapter three. I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to leave some feedback like these two lovely ladies did:

ShannonMarie
CallusedSilk


Thank you, girls!

xx,
M_R