Status: I never wrote a fan fic crossover before so I hope you all enjoy.

Doctor Who The Land of Fantasy

Chapter 1: Midnight Song

Mystia Lorelei gazed up at the cloudy midnight sky surrounded by the trees of the forest. Taking a deep breath, and she let out an angelic tune. Dark clouds spread out revealing the light of the moon, shining on her like a spot light. Her brown and white dress fashioned with unusual bird-shaped decorations glimmered in the light. Mystia spread her light pink feathered wings with purple highlights, posing as if she were performing on stage. A man traveling nearby heard the night siren’s voice. Lured by her chorus, he began trailing the beautiful sound. Heading further into the forest, the sound of the melody grew each time he journeyed further. He was a tall slim man in his thirties with gelled bed-head wavy hair. He wore a tan overcoat, over a blue suit with a dark red tie and deep red converse shoes.
Mystia continued singing, sensing the presence of someone approaching. “Like moths to the flame, my prey has finally come.” She smiled “Now for an encore.” Her tune changed slightly to a dark majestic tone. As the wandering traveler was getting closer darkness began to invade his eyesight. Unable to see the traveler walked through the forest with caution but determined. The song echoed in his head leading him to be distorted. Fearing that he had gone mad the traveler stops in his trail. Knowing he can’t continue on, he then carefully felt around for a nearby tree for support. Focusing on the sound of the wind brushing through the trees, the traveler realizes that it was quiet. The singing has stopped.
Mystia flew around the traveler like a buzzard. Her wings creating a strong gust of winds towards the traveler. He could feel the force of the winds pressing him against the tree. She watched the traveler with a hostile smirk. Slowly descending, she walked towards the blind and confused traveler.
“Hello? Who’s there?”, said the traveler in a calm manor. He then felt something sharp pointed at his chest.“Bandits, I’m assuming.”, the traveler said mockingly. “I’m afraid to say I have nothing valuable on me.”
“I’m not here to rob you.” said Mystia in a firm tone binding the traveler with her jade talons.
“Oh you’re a woman! That’s a first.”, the traveler laughed. Mystia was surprised by his reaction
“Is this how you normally respond when your life is in danger?”
“Well…No, usually I run but um… since I can’t see.”, he gestured his finger in front of his eyes. “I’m clever so I figure it be foolish to run.”
Mystia grinned, “A wise decision, although I do like a good chase, having the pleasure to hunt my prey.”
“Oh! You’re feisty, I love that in woman.”
Mystia giggled, “I’m afraid flattery won’t save you.”
“You’re not human. Are you?” Mystia pulled back staring into the traveler’s brown eyes.
“No, I am not. I’m surprised you could tell, considering you were blinded by my song.”
“Oh I still am, I just made a lucky guess.”
“A very good guess. My name is Mystia Lorelei the Night Sparrow Youkai.”
“Youkai eh?Fascinating!” He said amazed. The traveler smiled, “Then allow me to introduce myself as well, I‘m the Doctor.”
Mystia gave a puzzling look, “Doctor? Doctor Who?”
The Doctor chuckled. “I never get tired of hearing that.”
“Interesting, an odd name for an odd human.”
“Well…technically I’m not human.”
Mystia shot the Doctor an abnormal stare “Not human?”
“Yup not human.”
“You have the smell of a human.”
“Hey! I take offense to that. You say it like humans smell bad. Well... some do if they don’t bathe which can be very unsettling.”
“You’re very odd human.”
“I told you I’m not human. Why does nobody believe me?”, sighed the Doctor.
“Nevertheless I’ll see it for myself, unlike you.”
“Well go ahead, Make your move.”, the Doctor stood firm. Mystia released the Doctor from her claws letting out a sigh.
“Jeez you sure take all the fun out of this. Why can’t you be like most humans who run away screaming, at least beg for your life.”
“That wouldn’t be much fun now would it?”, the Doctor hit the right side of his eye hard with his palm. The sound caught Mystia’s attention. She saw the Doctor bend down, tilting his head and rabidly hit the side of his eye. Mystia gave the Doctor a shocking glare. He then switched to the left side of his eye. “What are you doing?”, Mystia asked disturbingly
“Getting rid of the night blindness. Even though it’s temporary I'd like to speed up the process. Out! Out! Out!”, he stopped then blinked a few times. “Now where was I?”, focusing his attention to Mystia who was still appalled by the Doctor’s actions.
"Oh yes that’s right, I thought I was giving more excitement and…WHOOSH.” Whoosh?” “Yeah, that didn’t sound right…umm…Kazaam? Does Kazaam sound better to you?”
The Doctor was astonished by Mystia’s appearance, “Wow…you are fascinating.” The Doctor pulled out his white glasses that had different colored lenses from his suit pocket. Moving a little closer to her, as Mystia flinched in response. With the glasses in place on the Doctor he started reading her face. For a youkai she looked to be in her early twenties. Her eyes were silver, and brown fur pointy ears were exposed through her straight short pink hair and a brown hat, that was decorated the same as her brown and white dress. The Doctor slowly circled Mystia, stopping behind her to taking a good hard look at her wings. “Aw brilliant.” the Doctor resisted the urge to touch them. Mystia cleared her throat showing a bit of discomfort. “Sorry.”, the Doctor realizing her distress, moved to lean on a tree next to Mystia.
Mystia was used to humans being shy and fearful around her, but she saw how the Doctor was still with her made her think twice about him. 'Maybe the Doctor said is true. Maybe he’s not human' , She thought. She turned to the Doctor, “You say you’re not human, can you prove that?”, their eyes met.
“I have two hearts. You can put those fantastic ears to work and have a listen.”
Mystia scoffed, “Any other ways to prove yourself?”
“Hmmm, let’s see here.”, the Doctor dug into the pockets inside his suit. “Ah! Here we go how’s this?” he brandished a high tech device having a having a yellow handle with cracked porcelain texture and silver metal at both the handle and the tip. Pressing the button on the handle the device shone a bright blue at the tip while creating a bizarre sonic sound.
“What is that?” Mystia questioned fascinated.
“It’s my sonic screwdriver, I never leave anywhere without it.” The Doctor turned the screwdriver off, “It can lock and unlock doors, hack and destroy anything electronic from computers to machines.”
“Interesting, it doesn’t seem man-made.”
“Right you are my birdy friend, So does that prove that I’m not human?” Mystia thought for a moment. “Alright, let’s just say I agree you’re not human. Why are you here?” Mystia raised an eyebrow.
“Here in the forest with you or here in your world?”
“Both, but let’s start off with you in the forest.”
“Ok then, first off I’m a time traveler, I travel through the realms of time and space.” Mystia stared at the Doctor in disbelief. “I heard rumors in the Human Village nearby about a woman who lives in the forest. She would sing songs to lure humans in her web of darkness afflicting her prey to be blind and then mad. I had to see if the rumors were true.”
“That can’t be your real reason for coming here.”
“No it actually is.”
“So you play detective even though you’re a doctor.”
“I’m a curious type.”
“You practically risked your life coming here.”
“Maybe so, but I knew you wouldn’t kill me.”, the doctor smirked.
“What made you think that?”
“If you wanted to kill me you would of done so much sooner.”
“I wasn’t really going to kill you, only scare you.”
The Doctor smiled, “I know.” The Doctor took a deep breath, “If it makes you feel any better I was a tiny bit scared.”
“You were?”
“Oh yes. Especially when the night blindness came in, I don’t fancy the dark. Not at all I feel like I’m going to be consumed by the Vashta Nerada.” Mystia made a small chuckle followed by a smile.
“You say the oddest things Doctor.”
“I do don’t I? But you’re quite the actress though. You were brilliant.” Mystia was both embarrassed and happy by the Doctors comment.
“Why did you come to our world?”
“To be honest it was an accident. I actually had planned to visit Japan in its earliest years. But somehow I came between the crossfires of your world and the current world. I landed near a small ancient shrine, never noticing I had entered a different world seeing how your world is similar to Japans early years. That is until I somehow got teleported.” The Doctor said fiddling with his glasses.
"Teleported? How?”
“I don’t know, all I remember is falling into an endless hole filled with unblinking eyes, and then ended up in a village much too far away from my TARDIS.”
“You’re what?”
“Time And Relative Dimension In Space, It’s a space craft I use to travel.”
“You said you fell into an endless hole with eyes.”
“Yes, you know something about it?”
“I do actually, but getting your TARDIS back isn’t going to be very easy.”
“I don’t like the sound of that.”

In the mountains of the east, isolated from civilization, a shrine stood among the midst of cherry blossom trees blooming in the wind around the shrine. A nine tail fox woman named Ran with short yellow hair wearing a pink two-tailed hat with many amulets and fashioned in a white and blue outfit. Entered the shrine she encountered Reimu and Yukari having green tea on the kotatsu, behind them was a large blue box that said Police Public Call Box on the front. Riemu looked uncomfortable with its presence. She wore a large red ribbon in her black hair and was dressed in a red and white outfit slightly similar to a shrine maiden's outfit but with detached sleeves leaving her shoulders bare and a red neckerchief. Yukari with long blond hair, and wears a deep purple dress, a pink mob cap on her head and red ribbons tied on her hair.
Yukari turned to Ran. “Nice of you to join us, please have a seat.” Ran bowed her head, having a seat across from Reimu.
“Mistress, was it wise to send that man somewhere in Gensokyo?” Questioned Ran.
Yukari took a sip of her tea then made her attention to the blue box. “Maybe not but I had to get him away from that thing. He used this to travel here, who knows what else it might also be capable of.”
“So what the hell is it doing in my room!” yelled Reimu slamming her hand on the kotastsu, Ran jumped in response.
Yukari remained calm, “Now, now Reimu. Must you say such language? You’re a shrine maiden after all.”
“Shut up! I just want that thing out of here, It’s taking up so much space!” Yukari took another sip of her tea and said, "I have nowhere else to put it and since it was already here I assumed it’d be safe inside.”
Reimu shot Yukari a nasty glare. “I know a place you can put it.” She muttered
Ran looked at the blue box, and asked “What do you suppose this is?” “I don’t know possibly a weapon." Yukari answered.
“Looks too funny to be a weapon.” Joked Reimu.
Yukari rose and took a closer look, placing her hand on the doors of the blue box “Nevertheless I called in an expert to help us. That being said, is Nitori Kawashiro on her way?”
“Yes mistress, Chen is leading her here as we speak.” Replied Ran
“Good maybe she can unlock the secret to this…relic.”
Reimu became frustrated. “She can have it for all I care! I've had enough of it! Ever since it got here I sometimes....can hear a faint voice.” Both Ran and Yukari turned to Reimu in shock. “A voice? What did it say?” asked Ran
Riemu shook her head in exhaustion, “It was meaningless. It just repeated the same word over and over again.”
“What word?” asked Yukari.
“It said…Exterminate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Youkai-a term mostly associated with Japanese folk creatures and ghosts. The term can also apply broadly to anything that is a supernatural being or legend, from any culture.

Kotastsu-is a low, wooden table frame covered by a futon, or heavy blanket, upon which a table top sits. Underneath is a heat source, often built into the table itself.