When Stars Bleed

Where Demons Dwell - 10.0

Image

Present Day

It was just another day as I commenced with doing some chores around the house. Cleaning up after my pig of a roommate was a never ending task.

"You know if I just leave all of your messes for you to pick up, we'd die of an insect infestation," I said picking up a bowl of old Frosted Flakes.

"Yeah, but you love me," she replied from the couch, playing with her two-colored brown hair.

"But why? Do I even love you? You're such a pain and a big hassle to take care of," I teased Massie.

"Well...I...I clean!" She smiled triumphantly.

"Yeah like five years ago."

"I cook!"

"Not a day in your life...unless you count this." I held up the bowl of cereal.

"Okay, you win the household stuff. But I get us the hot guys, like last night. Oh and I pay most of the bills!"

"Okay you got me on both." I kissed her cheek as she smiled in her victory.

Massie and I worked at the local bar which was less then a ten minute walk from our condo. Massie was a dancer slash waitress and I was a bartender and waitress.

"HA! So go do my laundry."

"Umm ask me tomorrow." I smiled and went to go get ready for work.

"Hey Ashley where's your cute miniskirt?" Massie yelled from deep inside her closet.

"Which one?"

"The black Dickies one...oh wait never mind."

I rolled my eyes, if I ever needed to find any of my lost clothes, they could only be in one place...Massie's closet. As I was putting on extra eyeliner, Massie came in.

"So did you and Mr. Money bags hook up last night?" She bumped our hips together.

"Oh thanks for leaving me with him by the way! But to answer your question, no we did not. I just didn't feel anything with him."

"Ash! It's a one-night stand! You don't have to feel anything...well you know what I mean." Mass took over my eyeliner and started on herself.

I merely shrugged and started getting dressed. I put on a pair of tight jeans and a black tank top with the words "Where Demons Dwell".

The club where we work is called Where Demons Dwell or just WDD. It was always packed no matter the day or time. There was constantly a line to get through the main double doors, an hour before the placed opened, and it would remain there throughout the night.

"Ready?" I looked at Massie's brown eyes through the mirror with my deep green ones.

"Yeah let's go."

As we started our walk the cool air hit my face, chilling me to the bone, making me pull my jacket tighter. When we neared the club and walked up to the bouncers I felt a different chill. I looked around and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. So I shrugged off the feeling of being watched and entered the club with Massie at my heels.

"You girls are late," Joe said while standing in the middle of the stage with a clipboard in his hands.

"Yo Joe babe, you can forgive us just this once." Massie smiled and kissed his cheek before running off to the dressing room. I shook my head and walked behind the bar, taking off my jacket and stuffing it underneath.

"Ashley try not to be late next time, yeah?"

"You're the boss." I smiled sweetly. "So what's on the scheduled for tonight?"

"Well we have a big VIP group in tonight," Joe said walking over towards me.

"Sweet! Extra BIG tips."

"And why would I assign you to the VIP section?"

"Um because I'm the best bartender slash waitress you ever had!"

"Fine, get your ass back to work." I grinned and began wiping down the bar.

A few minutes pasted and Joe once more stood upon the stage.

"Girls party starts in one minute. Stations stations. Music! Know your stations. Go go go! Music ON!"

The music started to grow louder as the girls were running to their spots. While I did some last yelling at a few new girls behind the bar with me. I was their boss in a way, I'm the most experienced person in this whole club behind the bar.

Once those doors opened, a flood of people came washing in. They were mainly men, but some women came too. We weren't just a strip club, we had a dance floor as well. I was handing out bottles, shots, glasses left and right, while trying to help out the new girls.

The tip jar began to fill and people started to get drunk. This was my favorite part, the drunks, well most of them. They always found new ways to make me laugh. A few hours pasted by before Joe came over to me.

"Your VIPs are here. Table 7."

I nodded and hopped over the counter, grabbing a pen and pad of paper. I went over to the secluded area, where only a few table were placed. The table in the middle was the largest and at it were seated five men, all of them wearing either a pair glasses or a hat. I stood at the head of the table closer to the smallest one.

"What can I get for you fellas?" I looked towards the one of the edge, while swinging my long dark hair to my shoulder. He grinned, liking the attention.

"Just a round of beers...for now"

I nodded and normally I would smile and walk away. But for some weird reason, I looked towards the guy in the center. I couldn't tell if he was staring at me, because of the glasses he was wearing. He smiled, not showing his teeth but his dimples instead.

It took me a second to smile back, then another five seconds to walk away. He was too attractive to be real. The shirt he wore flattered him greatly, for it showed off his muscle filled arms.

I was so lost in thought, that by the time I reached the bar I had forgotten what they ordered. My cheeks flared into life at the thought of having to go back and re-take their order. So I stood at the edge of the bar trying to remember.

That's when Claire saved me.