When Stars Bleed

Unknown Searching and Yearning - 12.0

Image

Few days earlier
Matt's POV


I threw the body down on the ground and stormed off, looking for another kill. Lately my thirst has been out of control, nothing seems to satisfy this beast inside of me.

"Shadows..." Brian slowly came to up to me.

"What?!" I growled, my eyes were turning red. Everything and everyone has been setting me off, increasing my rage and thirst.

"Are you okay? You didn't show an ounce of mercy to her." Brian pointed to the dead girl that laid upon the cold ground.

The five of us made a pact almost a year, saying if we were going to live here, we had to lay low and at least make it a little more pain free for our victims. Worry was surfacing in his eyes, and soon our other brothers were standing beside him, with the same look.

I wiped the blood off my lips and sighed. They were all worried...and scared. Their thoughts were all the same, that I was losing it. My inner demon was winning the fight that was going on inside of me.

'We only want to help you,' James whispered in my mind. The others nodded.

'Maybe it's time that we find her,' Johnny thought as he took a step forward.

"Who?" I scoffed and turned away, walking back to our house, the sun would be rising soon and it has been painful to let it touch my skin. Of course they followed me, afraid of leaving me alone, not knowing what I would do next.

"Your one, the girl that you're going to spend the rest of eternity with. That girl..." Zacky said, while calling out to Michele.

When we first arrived at Huntington Beach, I had to tell them about the old man and his vision. At first we thought the inner demon thing was a joke, we all had them, so why was mine so much different, so much stronger.

It wasn't until five months ago, that my demon started to show itself. It wasn't hard to control him in the beginning, but now...he was taking over my body.

His thoughts consumed my own, all he wanted was a fresh kill...but there was more to it then that. He needed the sweetest blood and he needed it filled with fear. My victims were first seduced then...ended with a painful and a frightening ending.

"Her? Are you serious? We can't find her just like that. It could take years...hundreds of years. I might not even have one."

"We have to try! You can't fight your demon for long! He might want to start a massacre, and that would for sure get us found out. And I don't know about you, but we like it here, this is our home," Brian growled out. Again all their thoughts were in unison, I was outnumbered.

On the other side, I have had been longing to find her. I wonder if I could even feel love anymore. It's been so long since I felt any sort of passionate love for anyone. Could she save me? Deep inside of me I got my answer, my demon growled.

Getting the VIP tables are always the best. You always get special attention, the best drinks and prettiest girls. We were all here except Jimmy and Kayci, they were missing again. The bartender dropped off our drinks and smiled in my direction, winking before walking away.

"Oooh Shads, I think she's the one." Zacky laughed out.

I grimaced and pulled off my hat, turning it around, so my face was half hidden by it. Also throwing on my black jacket, to cover my bare arms.

Time was passing and I was growing restless...yet for some reason my inner demon wasn't showing himself. This was the time that I was the weakest at controlling him, but he wasn't fighting to come out.

Instead there was sharp pain my chest, it only lasted for a second, but it was enough to acknowledge that something was happing.

'Did you feel that?' I told Brian, and then I felt something different.

'No,' he looked towards me, with a confused expression on his face. I nodded as I let my eyes roam the crowd.

'Shads are you okay?' Brain was now too scanning the crowd.

'No, I...I feel...her.'

'Her...HER!? Your one!'

I grinned at his excitement, but I couldn't respond to him, the feeling was back and this time it was stronger. I could feel myself being pulled towards the center of the dance floor. Smack in the middle of it were two girls that caught my attention.

One of them was not much taller then the other, she has brown hair with even lighter brown streaks in it. Where her shirt failed to cover a butterfly could be seen on her lower back. After a while my eyes moved towards her friend.

She was as tall as Zacky, with long black hair that reached just past her shoulder blades. With my vision, I could see her eyes, they were a deep green, a color that reminded me of something from my past.

Soon a smile was took over her features as a set of strong hands placed themselves on her bare skin, just past her shirt, like her friend's. A low growl came from deep within my throat.

Every vampire knew that whenever a vampire finds his true love, his other half, his one, they'll be connected in way no other pair of lovers could ever be. I felt our bond grow. And that dead man was touching her.

'Go kick his ass, Shads,' Brian snarled in his thoughts.

I stood up and started pushing my way through the crowd. As I made it to the center, she was no where in sight, and it was hard to catch her scent. There were just too many people around and I didn't know what her scent could smell like.

Yet there was one that caught my interest, it was sweet and it came to me stronger then all of the other scents. I followed it, and it lead me towards the bar. As I got closer I saw the back of her. Her hair was curled in some parts, while the others were straight. It was her, I could feel it.

I closed my eyes in complete rapture, knowing that I've finally found her. After 500 years of unknown searching and yearning, I've finally found what I wanted the most.

The fight for control of the underworld meant so little to me when compared to her. My priorities changed and everything was moved around, fixing themselves so she could take her rightful place at the top.

Once I opened my eyes, what I saw was disturbing. She was letting him place his arm securely around her waist and she smiled at him while he talked, drinking the drink he had bought her.

I stood even taller as I walked to the open seat that was next to her. Lightly I brushed my shoulder against hers as I sat down. As our arms touched, she turned to face me.

"Sorry bout that," I said as soft as my raspy voice would let me and smiled. She nodded while smiling back.

I tried to read her thoughts, but it was too loud here, with the music piercing, the thoughts of others that were around along with their talking, laughing, and yelling. I opened my mouth to tell her my name, but she quickly turned back to her admirer. I growled low as her laughing started to rise.

"What can I get you handsome?" The bartender was looking at me, waiting.

"Nevada Pale."

"Ooh can you make that two? This is kind of gross." I whipped my head in the direction of her sweet voice. It filled my head, and I swam in it.

The look on her admirer's face was priceless and a grin was spreading across my face. The victory didn't last as long as I wanted. When our drinks came I pulled out money but this boy did as well.

"I got it, don't worry." I placed a twenty on the bar.

"Nah, I'll pay for her drink." He threw his money down next to mine. "Come on babe." He wrapped his arms around her body and walked her off towards a booth.

I curled my hand into a fist as I watched them sitting at their table, another growl threatened to come out.

"Cheer up doll. She almost never goes home with these guys." The bartender smiled as she filled a shot glass, placing it in front of me. I downed it quickly, soon followed by my Nevada Pale.

"You know her?"

"Of course! She taught me all of my skills. She's a bartender for the hot spot down town, Where Demons Dwell. It's a strip joint but also a regular night club." She poured me another shot.

I smiled, "Cheers." Once the glass hit the table I was up and walking back towards the guys, where Jimmy and Kayci have rejoined them.

The hunt begins.

"Where are we going tonight?"

"Where Demons Dwell, it's a strip joint." All the guys smiled and started walking out the door.

Although Kayci and Michele were not too happy about it. They decided to stay at the mansion, promising James and Zacky that they were going to punish, when they returned if the girls didn't like what they heard in their thoughts.

As we neared the club I could sense her, soon I could see her. We waited in our limo that we had purchased for the night, until it was the right time to go into the club.

She was walking up to the doors with the girl she was with last night, her jacket pulled tightly around her thin body. I rolled down the window, hoping to catch her scent once again. The deep tinted windows did her beauty no justice, and her scent once again filled me.

When we were seated, she came to us and I was surprised that she didn't recognize me. But then again, my face was covered by my hat and glasses, then my jacket covered my tattooed arms.

She was about to walk away when she looked towards me. This time I took the chance to read her mind, and what I heard made me smile.

She was being pulled to me, I knew she was the one.