When Stars Bleed

Knight In Shining Armor - 13.0

Recap of where we left off with Ashley and Matt
It made me aware that his hands were tough but they had a kind of softness to them.

It also made me conscious that he was still hold my hand, even after he shook it, and he wasn't planning on to let go.


"So...what are you doing out here?" I asked taking my hand back. It was cold just like his. Of course it didn't faze me, it was cold out here and he wasn't wearing a jacket.

"Just getting some fresh air," he smiled as he moved closer to me. I was preparing myself for the heat that was going to generate off of his body, but it never came.

"VIP table number seven...that's only for our biggest regulars and that table belongs to me and only me. So why haven't I seen you or your friends before?" He smiled and blew out, causing it to turn into a large puff of smoke.

"We just broke into the scene." Another cloud of smoke formed.

"What kind of scene?" I noticed that my white puff of air wasn't as big as his was, and I'm sure I was colder then he was.

"The music scene. We're a band called Avenged Sevenfold...surely you've heard of us." He glanced at me, holding my gaze for the longest time.

"Oh...yeah think I've heard a song or two."

"Or two! You poor girl," he shook his head slowly, smiling.

I shrugged and continued to dangle my feet back and forth. Silence took over us, allowing my thoughts to take me over.

I wondered why he was out here, with me, there are much prettier girls inside. If he wanted to do me, then he has another thing coming. Am I fucking crazy? This man was beyond gorgeous! He was funny, and he seemed interested me.

And I haven't been with a guy in such a long time, still that's for a reason. Every guy I have crossed paths with, they only wanted one thing, and it didn't include a little house and kids. I must be crazy if I'm 23 years old and planning on my kid's names.

I have an amazing job that comes with an extraordinary paycheck, not to mention the very generous tips on the side. If I was to get involved with a guy, he'd surely want me to quit, jealously has always been a problem with me and guys. I love my job; it helped me get onto my feet and gave the coolest friends I could ever ask for.

It gave me Claire, the sweetest girl I've ever known, who would befriend anyone. Then Massie, the one friend I couldn't live without. We've helped each other through our darkest times. To give up Where Demons Dwell, would kill apart of me.

I was pulled from my thoughts by Matt's laugh. I looked up at him, as he stared at me.

"You think too much."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms and felt how cold they were.

"I'm just saying that because you were quiet for way too long."

"Oh," I noticed that he must have been colder then I was, because his lips weren't a soft shade of pink, but a little pale.

I reached out to touch his arm and it was a lot colder then it should have been. Matt placed his hand over mine, trapping my hand between his and his arm.

"Don't worry about me, I never get cold. Not anymore." My stomach tighten at his touch, that's never happened before. He closed his eyes and smiled.

"You're so warm...but I bet your getting cold. Let's go inside." Before I could respond, Matt was pulling me off the wall and back inside the club, toward VIP table seven.

"I have to get back to work," I said while stopping in the middle of both the table and bar. Matt turned towards me, softly rubbing the side of my cheek with his free hand.

"You're boss will understand." That's all it took, those words, his smile, his touch, to win me over, to turn me into putty.

"Okay," I whispered out, it was the only thing that I could think of to say.

He sat me down, so very near to him that I was practically sitting on his lap, while his arms held me in place. I ran my fingers across his tattoo that was of a horse.

"Tell me something about you." I looked at him, a complete stranger, yet for some reason I opened up to him, as though I knew him my whole life.

"When I was fifteen I ran away from home, no where was far enough, until I ran across this place. I met Massie and we fought our way together. We met Joe and he took us in. We've been working here since we turned of age, and I never plan to leave...unless I find my soul mate." I smiled and looked down at the table.

"You're looking for your knight in shining armor," he said with a serious face.

"Yes," I whispered and looked up at him.

"Well you're in luck, because I used to be a knight."

"Right, I shouldn't have told you." I pulled away from his body, but he locked his arms. Normally if this was to ever happen to me, I would be punching and running to the nearest bouncer. But I just sat there, enjoying it, and a little embarrassed.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm not after nailing you, I promise. I just want to get to know you is all. I...I just feel drawn to you."

I took a minute to take that in, and then another minute to fully understand it.

"Okay this is a little weird. Normally guys just say things like that to get me into bed."

"Well I'm not normal I guess you could say," he grinned, luring me into his eyes once more.

"So you have secrets."

"Many..."

"Tell me one," I started to lean back into him.

"Well, you already know one. My eyes, I already told you that they change colors." I smiled and shook my head.

"Tell me another one." But it was his turn to shake his head.

"Nope," then a smile appeared on his face, "if you really want to know, then it'll cost you."

"...How much?" I asked, my smile growing larger.

"Oooh you know the usual, your soul and a slave for life kind of thing."

"That's all, well you got me then." I laughed out, "No, but really what?"

"Dinner."

I thought about it for a while, this would be my first real date, in such a long time. Massie would certainly be pleased.

"Deal, I'm off the day after next. At seven." He nodded, and pulled out his phone, handing it to me. I put my number in it along with my address.

We continued talking and laughing, until I finally realized that the girls were leaving and others were cleaning up the place, the music has died down a great deal and Massie was walking up to me.

"I found you. I've been looking for you for the past twenty minutes! It's time to go home," she whined and leaned against the table, holding my jacket.

"I'll meet you outside."

She looked at me then her eyes flickered towards Matt, she winked at me before walking out. I looked at Matt and smiled.

"I didn't even notice what time it was. I better get going." Matt nodded, but made no move to release me. We sat still for a few minutes, until he smiled and let his arms loosen.

"I'll walk you out."

I nodded and climbed out of the booth, waiting for him. Massie was already walking towards our home, while me and Matt stood at the doors of the club.

"See you in a couple of days," I smiled.

"Actually," he looked at his phone, "I'll see you tomorrow." I laughed out and started walking towards Massie.

"You know I was serious about the whole soul thing," Matt called after me. I stopped and turned around.

"And I was serious about giving it to you. Good night Matt."

"Night Ashley." He grinned and walked off into the shadows.