When Stars Bleed

Such The Gentleman - 14.0

I was staring into the mirror while applying a light touch of eyeliner, when Massie walked in.

"Tonight's the big night...excited?" Massie smiled and took the eyeliner away from me and started to reapply it thicker under my eyes, to really make my green eyes stand out.

"A little..."

"And..." She moved on to fixing my hair, putting some parts into small loose waves.

"Nervous. I honestly don't get him. It's like he can read my mind sometimes, and it's a little weird, but at the same time so revealing. I feel like I can be totally at ease with him. He's different, he doesn't only want to get into my pants, but wants to know my life story, like he wants to never let go of me." Massie smiled and nodded.

"But I don't know, maybe I just want to belong to someone so badly that I'm overlooking this whole thing. I've been looking for my...knight for so long...and well you know." I stood up, walking over to our full body mirror to examine myself, checking for flaws.

"You're scared that you'll never find him." I looked at Massie through the mirror, nodding, "And you're so scared of not finding him, that in your yearning, you'll accidentally end up with the wrong guy and get hurt."

Normally if someone told me this about myself, I'd think of something to say to defend myself, I couldn't show any kind of weakness. But this was Massie, she knew me inside and out, I didn't need to hide myself from her, she understood. So there were no words needed between us within that five minute silence.

"Ash look, you're 23 years old and a fucking amazing person! Don't ever worry about not finding your knight. He'll find you, as long as you open up. Show a weakness or two, you don't need to be the leader all the time."

Of course she was right, she was always right. I took a deep breath as the door bell rang.

"Here we go." I smiled at Mass.

"I'll get it," she grinned and ran down the stairs, I slowly followed her.

"You must be Matt," Massie smiled and opened the door wide enough for him to pass through.

"And you must be Massie," Matt stuck out his hand, taking Massie's in his.

"Ash will be down in a minute, she takes forever to get ready."

"Trash talking about me already Mass? Jeez the date hasn't even started yet," I teased as I came fully into the room.

I looked up at Matt started from his black shoes, black Dickies, black shirt that had different shades of gray pin stripes coving as much as they could, then finally my eyes found his.

As soon as our eyes locked, he held out his hand for me. I smiled and lightly slipped mine into his. His fingers closed around my hand, almost concealing my whole hand.

"Shall we?"

"After you, I am your slave after all." A small laugh came from him.

"It was nice meeting you Massie."

"Isn't it always. You two kids have fun now, and don't make to much noise tonight..." She smirked

"Who ever said we were coming back here tonight?" Matt raised an eyebrow and pulling me closer to his body.

After a laugh was shared, we were walking outside towards his car. I stopped a few feet short from the car, it was an Aston Martin Vanquish.

"What's the matter?" He smiled and gave me a little push and opened the door.

"This is a quarter of a million dollar car. How-"

"Yes we are new to the scene but that doesn't mean that we're new to money." When I didn't move, mostly do to my awe of the car, he walked around and got into his seat.

"Believe me it's just as amazing on the inside as it is on the outside."

A little red escape and showed itself on my cheeks, as I forced myself to move. Once I was secure in my seat, he took off, showing off a little bit of the power the Vanquish held.

"So where we going?" I peeled my eyes away from the quickly passing houses and trees and settled them onto his face.

"A little restaurant by the beach, unfortunately the sun has already set, but at least we'll be able to see the stars." He locked his eyes with mine for a second, completely forgetting the road.

"I can settle for the stars," I whispered and removed my eyes from his.

This man couldn't possibly be more perfect. He's got everything going for him, looks and charm.

Soon we arrived to a little restaurant that I've never noticed before. Like a gentleman, Matt got out and opened my door, helping me out, then placed my hand on his arm, as we walked into the blue and white restaurant.

It was a quiet little place, with candles all around instead of lights. It was nothing real fancy, but still looked very well-designed. As we were being seated, Matt held out my chair and scooted me in.

"Such the gentleman Mr. Matthew."

"Well how could I not be when I have such a beautiful lady with me?"

"I wouldn't call myself a lady."

Matt was already leaning forward with his chin on his hands, when he titled his head to the side.

"What do you mean?" I let out a sigh.

"Would a true lady do the work that I do? Don't get me wrong I love my job, it has helped me and Massie so much. But honestly would a lady be willing to take off her clothes to entertain men, that don't belong to her? Or would she have run away from her home at only fifteen and lived on the streets for awhile? I'm no where close to being a lady."

I didn't notice how close I was leaning in on the table; my hand was cupping my neck, while I was staring into Matt's eyes, trying to read his expression, what he was thinking.

"Why'd you run away?"

This time I didn't pull my eyes away from his, this time it was because of habit. I could never look into anyone's eyes when they asked me why, I couldn't tell them either.

"Some other time..." I whispered and he nodded. I was pretty good at repressing and forgetting my history. The waiter came with our orders and left silently, not disturbing our conversation.

"So am I going to learn about the mysterious Matt?" I smiled and straighten up to start eating.

"Mysterious? Where did that come from?" He let out a little laugh, though it was a deep one.

"Well you haven't told me a thing about yourself and that makes you a mystery."

"Hmm...about me huh. Well what's there to tell? I don't remember my parents, I was an orphan at the age of three. My foster parents, I don't remember them that much either. But my foster dad taught me how to use steel. I met my real family when I was a teenager, those were the guys that were with me the other night. What else...I'm Irish...well half Irish." A smile escaped my lips.

"That makes two of us." He smiled and stared into my eyes for the longest time.

When dinner was finished, we started to leave. Matt took my hand in his and steered us not to his car but towards the beach. Before reaching the sand, I stopped taking off my shoes and leaving them on the wall.

"I don't like sand in my shoes."

Matt laughed but did the same. Soon the cold air started to get to me, but as soon as it did, Matt wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and leaned my head against his chest.

We talked about what we liked to do, what time of day was our favorite. We must have played twenty questions twice. The night grew colder and Matt wasn't really much of a heater.

"Are you ready to go home?"

"I'm ready to leave." I smiled, hinting that I didn't want to go home. He grinned and carried me all the way back to his car, stopping to pick up our shoes. Matt started to drive, when he reached over and took my hand in his.

His hand was stone cold, so I placed my other hand on top of his. Smiling he reach over and kissed my cheek lightly. Ten minutes pasted when Matt pulled up to a long drive way, leading to a mansion! Since when were there old mansions in Huntington?

"This is where I live." I got out of the car and looked up at the house.

"Wow."

"Yeah it takes a lot to get used to, come, I'll show you around," Matt took my hand, wrapping his other arm around my body.

"Do you live here by yourself?" I looked around the soundless house, there wasn't anyone here.

"Oh no, I live here with my brothers and their girlfriends. But because it's so quiet in here, they must all be out."

"Hmm, so we're all alone." Matt looked down at me, eyes filled with hunger and passion that made his eyes turn dark.

"That we are," he lowered his voice to a slight purr, whispering in my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine.

I turned my head slightly so our lips could meet. I caught him not nearly off guard but with my lust filled kissed, it surely surprised him. His arms quickly wrapped themselves around my body, pulling me closer to his.

My heart was beginning to beat faster and faster. My arm draped around his neck, while my free hand locked itself in his hair. Matt lifted me up, causing my legs to wrap around his waist as he carried us up the stairs.

It wasn't long before we were in his room and on his bed, which was about twice the size of my own. He didn't place his weight on me, but just enough to feel his body touch mine.

He slightly pulled away from our unbroken kiss. I helped him slowly take off his shirt, my hands feeling every muscle that he had.

"Are you sure?" I smiled and ran my fingers across his cheek.

"I'm sure." Matt grinned and placed his lips back to mine, while his hand slid up my shirt, taking it off.