When Stars Bleed

Join My Side - 2.0

Image

"I..." With all the suspicion and all the thoughts that I had about this man, I pushed them aside. Maybe what he had to say would make enough sense that it would answer them.

"What kind of deal?"

His smile never faltered and he hadn't moved from his place.

"Join my side." I guess he caught onto my confusion, so he took a little pause before speaking again. "Join us. With you we'll become unstoppable!"

This guy has no idea what he's talking about, I don't even know what his side is, or who this 'us' is.

"Alright, it wasn't so much of pleasure meeting you, but good night sir," I turned to walk away, but as I turned away, he was standing in front of me again. There's no way he could've done that, that so fast or without me seeing him. My eyes went wide and my hand instinctively with to my sword.

"Don't you see! You can rule all! You will be feared and worshiped like no other. Live forever. You can have any woman you so desire at your finger tips."

My mind immediately thought of the young and beautiful maiden that I saw everyday at the market. She was the only maiden that would never give me the time of day. Her long raven hair, reached to her mid-back. Most days it was straight and others it was in waves and curls. Her eyes were the greenest I've ever seen, they were even a deeper green than Zachary's.

Her scent was the sweetest over any other. Ashlynn was her name. It fit her perfectly, she too was of Irish descent, and her name's true meaning is 'dream'. What a dream she was. Her skin so fair, how I longed to touch it. I lingering at her stand more then I should, just to hear her speak.

Besides her stubborn streak, my King would never allow for us to be anything more then the buyer and seller. This angered me and sparked my interest in this man's offer.

"What do I have to do?"

"Help build my army. Sanders, you're an inspiration to all of your men. They will follow you to death and beyond."

"You want me to betray my king and steal his army?"

"Your army."

"I wont betray him, I don't work that way."

"So you won't join me?" He asked a little shocked.

"I don't know what your side is."

"Imagine living forever and not age another day...having unlimited power. Being able to be faster then any other man could ever be. Being able to know what others are thinking."

'Talk to them by using your mind.'

I heard him speak, but when I was looking at him, his mouth wasn't moving, his face was completely blank. I quickly withdrew my sword and held it tight. This can't be happening, it's not possible.

You can't know what others think, you can't talk with them without moving your mouth. This must be a trick. Someone else is with him. I looked around, looking for someone who could've spoken those words. Yet no one was around...am I losing my mind?

"You're not losing your mind, Sanders." He smiled again, still unmoving.

"What in God's name..." How could he have known that?

"Quite the opposite actually."

"The devil," I whispered. I myself was never a true believer, but tonight will forever change my mind.

"No, I'm against him," he said it with such anger that his smile finally faltered.

"How...what is going on?"

He sighed, he was clearly an impatient man...if he was a man.

"I'll have to show you. Humans are so ignorant to the things they fear or don't believe."

By this time, I could feel the fear growing in my chest. He wasn't human. I started walking backwards as his physical features began to change.

His eyes turned red, where the deep brown once was. Two of his front teeth grew out with a sharp tip. He seemed to have grown taller, I myself tower over many men, but now I was the one being towered over.

His already pale skin, glinted in the moonlight. This feeling that he was projecting wasn't a warm and fuzzy one...it felt as if the wind was blowing harder and the temperature dropped 10 degrees. Evil was coming from his eyes, yet I didn't turn away, it was like I was frozen.

"What the hell are you!"

"Have you ever heard the word vampire?" He started smiling again, showing his teeth.

"It's just a myth. Made to scare the children who misbehave."

"No entirely, but children do sound...getting off topic. Join me, bring your army. Fight with me!"

"Become a vampire..." It sounded ridiculous...but seeing him change right before my eyes...it all started to make sense.

"Yes, and I promise, you wont regret it."

"And if I agree to join you...what do you plan on doing with my men?"

"Let you led them of course, but you'll help me. You see I was betrayed and he'll pay sevenfold!" He growled out, finally he started moving, pacing more like it.

"Who is he? What did he do?"

He stopped and looked at me, with hate in his eyes.

"All in good time. So will you join me or will you not?" He waited a second, then started walking away.

This only urged me to go after him...to live forever sounded like a great idea to me.

"I'll do it." The words left my mouth so suddenly, that I didn't even realize what I said.

"Great!" He responded even quicker, that I didn't have time to really think about what I was doing.

He flew at me, pinning my arms at my side as he sunk his teeth into my neck. The pain was unbearable, I couldn't help but let out a little yell of pain. I felt the life bleed out of me, as I slowly got weaker and everything started to dim.

I was dying...