When Stars Bleed

What Must Be Done - 5.0

Image

The days pasted by slowly for my brothers. For Jonathon it was the worst. When the sun was setting, I went to Drake.

"Were you involved with Clarissa's death?" He looked shocked and closed his eyes.

"Never. I lost my love, why would I want anyone else to go through that?" I blinked, I had forgotten that he too, had the love of his life taken away.

"I'm sorry" I looked away, "I should've known."

"It's alright General. Now...do you think your brothers will join you?" I shrugged and walked towards the window.

"I'm not sure. They were all waiting on Jonathon." Drake stood beside me

"Let's go find out."

I nodded and the two of us walked to Haner's house, where they would for surely be. The four of them were standing outside around a fire, not speaking.

"Brothers..."

They all looked up as I got near and Drake stood still in the shadows that the fire created. I stood tall and in the center of them.

"Will you join us now?"

They all looked at Jonathon and after a few seconds pasted, he nodded. I smiled and looked back at Drake. He too was smiling and nodded.

'You must do it...and only you can turn them.' I swallowed and turned back to face my brothers.

"Close your eyes...and whatever you do, don't open them...no matter what you hear." I could feel all they're anxieties radiate from their cores. Their eyes were closed tight and their bodies were tensed up.

Jonathon was the only one praying in his thoughts, while the others were quiet. Haner was the closest to me, so I placed my hands upon his shoulders. His body lighted up a bit, and his breathing got a little faster. Slowly I moved his head to the side, revealing his neck.

'I'll make it quick, Haner.'

'What the hell...'

Before I answered him, I sunk my teeth in and he let out a loud scream. I drank deep and fast. Once I felt his body get weaker and weaker, is when I stopped.

'He must drink your blood, quick! Before it's too late,' Drake said into my mind as he took a step closer to me. Immediately I tore open my wrist and let the blood flow into Haner's open mouth.

Drake came up and took Haner in his arms. It looked like he was sleeping...but I knew better, he was turning. Drake laid him down on the ground and looked to the others.

One by one, I killed my brothers, so that they could join me and become invincible...immortal.

Jonathon was last and he wasn't as frighten as I imagined him to be. He heard screams come out of the others, such as he never heard before. Yet he stayed strong, his pain from Clarissa's death was overpowering his fear.

'You've been very brave my brother.' He nodded and slowly opened his eyes, just before I dug my teeth into his neck.

"Sanders...we must get back to the castle, before the sun rises."

I was sitting by the fire, the heat warm my skin, yet it still stayed cold. My brothers sleeping bodies were laying around me.

"We have a few hours before the sun rises."

"Yes, but we need to carry them back. No one can see." I sighed and stood back up.

"Alright, I'll take James and Haner." I was bigger then he was and perhaps stronger. I threw James over my shoulder and looked down at Haner.

"This is going to be quite unusual." Drake said looking at me, while holding Jonathon in his arms and looking down at Zackary.

Sooner than I could answer we heard a horse whine in the stables. Drake set up the horses to the carriage, while I carefully placed my brothers in.

The next thing Drake and I were doing were bring them inside and up to their new rooms. As the sun started to rise, Drake and I were in a dark room with no windows. Drake was sitting, while I was pacing.

"You know what you need to do next, don't you?"

I looked back at him, while not stopping my movements.

"You must turn your army. Now you must do it, you can't be all goody and nice about it, like you were with your brothers. It'll take too long."

"So your saying, just kill them. Not even give them a reason why? Leave this Kingdom unprotected!" That last thought made me stop dead in my tracks. I would be leaving this Kingdom open for attack. I couldn't do that, there are so many innocent people who live here.

"Doesn't your King have allies?"

"But what if they want this Kingdom for themselves. The only reason why no one dares to attack is because of my army!"

"Sanders...this is what must be done. Now you must do it. You no longer are tied to this wretched Kingdom!"

"This is my home! How dare you-" I growled out and took a step closer to him.

"Sanders!" Drake jumped up and moved closer to me. "You can not go back on your decision! I have your word. You are no longer human, you no longer belong to this KINGDOM! YOU BELONG TO YOUR OWN EMPIRE! WHICH YOU WILL HELP ME TAKEOVER! IS THAT CLEAR?!"

Again I let out a low growl and stood down. I had given my word, and I never go back, "It is."

"Good. Now once your brothers wake, you must go and turn your army." Drake smiled and walked out of the room.

Still fuming with rage inside of me, I walked upstairs to Haner's room. He was sleeping peacefully, hardly breathing, he looked dead and if I touched his skin, it'd be cold.

I didn't know how long he would take before he would wake, but hopefully soon. I went into all of their rooms, sitting with them, wishing they'd wake before long. Jonathon was the last to be visited.

"Dear brother...I believe we're about to do a great evil...please when you awake, you'll still stand by my side." I gave his hand a squeeze and walked down to my room.

As the days pasted my brothers still slept and I began to worry.

"Drake, why is this taking so long?! They've been asleep for over a week!"

"Sanders, I've told you before every vampire is different. Now they will wake, just be patient!"

"What's with the yelling?" Haner smiled as he stood in the doorway with the others behind him.