When Stars Bleed

Welcome to Huntington Beach - 9.0

Image

The decades and hundreds of years passed, and I pushed the old man and his words out of my mind. I never spoke of them to any of my brothers nor to Drake.

I forgot about it, as my demon came out and fought for what was to be his. This underworld or at least part of it. I would make sure that I got the bigger part.

I went through my usual routine and was met outside my tent by Zachary and Michelle. A few years ago we had raided through a town, and he found her. She was as beautiful as Kayci was and has long gold hair that reached her mid-back, which she put red and black highlights in it.

Michelle or Chelle was perfect for Zachary, ever since they met, his eyes were alive again, with the deep green back in them. Whenever she was away from him, they'd return to the dull green.

They were never apart, she even went with him to fight a war that wasn't hers. Kayci and Chelle brought some life back into our lives. They made James and Zachary happy, making them smile. Which in return made us smile.

At least they were happy and complete. Yet I still didn't understand and this saddened me more. Would all my brothers leave me once they find their mates? Would I be left alone? The only companion that I would have is this demon inside of me.

We walked on and talked little, soon I was several feet in front of the loving couple, looking out at all the tents. We were no longer close to our main base, but hundreds of miles away from it.

We were camped out near the real gates of hell. This was the last of the devil's soldiers. Jonathon came running up to me with a huge smile on his face.

"It's ours! They're taking their last stand!" I grinned and broke into a run, with the three of them following.

"Haner!" I yelled as I reached the battle field. He turned towards me, smiling.

"We're close. This is the last of them." He pointed out towards the ground that had demons, vampires, monsters, creatures, even a few humans standing upon it. I couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm going to the front line," I said before running off to join my men in our last fight. I grinned towards my men, and they smiled back, no trace of fear could be found.

They were excited as much as I was, we couldn't wait for this war to end. This fight lasted a few days, never did I once pull back, I stood my ground and fought back. We weren't going to lose. I couldn't lose. My beast came out, and he wanted blood.

I pushed the tall iron gates open and walked through. The castle in the middle of hell was now mine. I walked through the main doors and stood in the hallway and suddenly Drake appeared at my side.

He was grinning and took a seat in a chair that was so grand that you knew it could only belong to the one with all the power...yet it didn't fit him. Drake closed his eyes and breathed in. When he opened his eyes and saw me, he sighed.

"It isn't over." My smile fell and rage filled me.

"What!?" I roared and walked closer to him.

"It isn't over," he said more slowly.

"Then explain and fast." I made my hands go into fist, trying to control my anger.

"It's simple, he isn't gone. Well he is but he could come back. We'll have to be ready for him."

If I had to wait for his return before I could rule over my domain, I don't know if I could. Was this war worth anything?!

"My men have been fighting this war for almost 500 years! Tell me this is worth something!" I spat out.

"IT IS WORTH EVERYTHING!" He yelled back and jumped out of his seat, breathing hard and fast. He was scared...and I knew why.

"You're lying to me aren't you. You want me always to be on the edge, to wait for his return. And as I do that, you'll rule over everything, and not give me my cut."

The old man's words came back to me. And I remembered everything he said to me, even though it was almost three hundred years ago.

"Shadows..." I gripped my sword tightly. He tricked and lied to me. My normal hazel eyes were now mixed with red. And he knew...

"Listen to me-"

"NO! I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE!" Anger swept over his features.

"I made you! And believe me I will break you."

"You and what army? We both know that you might own them, but you don't have any control over them. That power belongs to me and only me!" Drake's entire body tighten, hands clenched.

"And we both know that I am a lot more stronger then you are."

"Down here yes, maybe you are. But above you are not!" I quickly turned and called to my brothers as I walked out the grand doors. Within seconds they were beside me.

"You can't get far Shadows..." I grinned while flipping him off and shimmering up above with my brothers, leaving everything I've worked so hard for behind.

"...Your inner demon is about to come out," Drake said smiling and turned to go back to this throne.

Soon the sound of the waves could be heard and seen. Along with the sounds of laughter and people talking. The sun was blinding and the heat was high.

"Where the hell are we?" Haner said covering his face from the sun.

There were people running all around, staring at us. We after all were dressed as knights and covered in dirt and multiple colors of blood. Signs were everywhere I turned, until one caught my eye.

"Welcome to Huntington Beach," I answered smiling.