Year Zero

Prologue

February 8th 2007.

“Gentlemen”

A calm, collected American accented voice said aloud: “I have called you here today to discuss the latest issues which is plaguing the Government”

Four middle-aged men stood in the centre of the office, the Oval office as they listened intently to darkened figure behind the desk. The curtains behind the desk were pulled shut; the room was enclosed in darkness except for the dim light which sat upon the heavy wooden desk. It was shun at the men however and not at the man and the woman on the other side of its stable structure.
The men nodded, each of them tall and in black suits.

The man behind the desk continued, “April seventeen gentlemen is perhaps one of the most dangerous days of our life” This peaked their attention, “As you may know the music business has taken lets say… a fondness for our policies. I however never did like the music business and it seems they have pushed us a little too far.

For the past few weeks a game has been taking place online, Art is Resistance or some trash like that. Anyway, after looking into the matter we have managed to gain access into what is going on within this rebellious act of the youths and the music business. An album has recently been created and will blow the lid off one of our most protected secrets in the history of our g-“

“Sir, are you saying an album could bring this country to its knees?”

One of the men asked with a raised, concerned if not slightly confused eyebrow. The other men around him all had a similar look of bewilderment upon their faces, how could a musician get their hands on top secret details?

The man behind the desk nodded, “That is exactly what I am saying Mr. Smith, exactly what I am saying. We are currently unaware of how he received these details but nevertheless he has them and created them into MP3 format. We must retrieve this data before April 17 otherwise we’ll be eating from his grubby paw.

I want everybody who knows of this data terminated, nice and secluded with no questions asked. Of course I would like to know how these files fell into their hands before that, but once that knowledge if received then cease their existence. I want no more leaks like this ever again.
However because of this information being leaked we must take the first step early-“

One of the four men gasped before taking a step closer, “But sir! It is too early! We are not even sure if they worked and the after effects-“

“Be silent!” The man behind the desk yelled viciously as he slammed his clenched fists against the desk, “I want you to go ahead with File 25.8 effective immediately with no more questions asked! However…” White teeth glistened behind the desk light, “Change File name to Year Zero.
You are dismissed”

The four men instantly spun on their heels and left the office shutting the heavy doors behind them.
The second dark figure lent over the dominant male who had been speaking; a hand stroked his hair seductively.

“Well done Mr. President, you were fantastic”

“No Miss. Love, you were fantastic”
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Nine Inch Nails nor do I own Year Zero.
The idea however is mine so please don't sue me.
Art Is Resistance!