Status: On Hiatus.... Thinking about deleting

Cocaine.

One

Friday afternoon and school just let out. My friend Amber and I were walking to our lockers to drop off our books. Just like any other Friday. Except this was the first Friday of February vacation. I entered my combination into my beat up green locker and it popped open with ease. For having a lot of dents you would think it would jam all the time, but it didn't. I stacked my chemistry and algebra 2 books on the bottom and shut it.

"Jae." Amber said slightly elbowing me in the side.

"Yeah?" I asked lifting my bag higher up on my shoulder.

"Paul is staring at you again." She said faintly nodding in the direction.

I turned and low and behold he was. I scoffed and turned away. "Ugh, why can't he just leave me alone?" Paul just so happened to be the quarter back of the football team. Any high school girls dream, with blond hair, blue eyes, and a body to die for. And even with 3/4ths of the student body's population of girls drooling over him, he just so happened to want me. Great right? I think not. "Lets get outta here before he tries to talk to me." I whispered loudly. She nodded and we started off down the hall.

A big hand touched my shoulder and then a bulky body joined me at my side. "Go away Paul." I said warily. He just doesn't get it; thick headed jock.

"Aw come on Jaelee." He said batting those long eyelashes, like it was going to change my mind.

"Paul." I sighed.

"Just come to a movie with me on Saturday and if you don't have a good time then I'll leave you alone." He flashed me a cheesy grin. "But I doubt that you won't"

I almost gagged at that. "You've asked me the same thing about 50 times. The answer is still no." I pushed his arm away that seemed to sneak its way around my shoulder. "Now leave me the fuck alone."

Paul's jaw seemed to drop a little. Even Amber seemed surprised. I Jaelee Sloan almost never cuss and when I do it is obviously out of irritation or I'm extremely pissed off. And now was one of those times. But this seemed to work because he didn't say another word. Just huffed and walked in the other direction.

"Excuse me. Did you just say what I think you just said?" Amber asked a little mockingly, but in a joking way. We walked out of the school and towards the parking lot.

A small smile crept onto my face. "Yes I just did. How else was I supposed to get him to leave me alone?"

"Well it worked. You should swear more often. You're like super bitch. Dun Dun Da"

I laughed. "You're sucha dork."

"Jaelee!" Justin, my brother shouted, from across the parking lot.

"Guess you gotta go?" Amber asked.

"Yeah."

"See you sometime this week?"

"Yeah just give me a call and we'll make some plans." We hugged quickly and she walked off as I met Justin at his car. He was sitting on the roof talking to one of his buddies.

"Yeah I'll see you there." He said to his friend as he left. "What took you so long?" Justin asked while jumping into the driver seat.

"I was taking care of a little problem." I replied darkly while also getting into the car. Though it was much more than a little problem.

"Paul again?" He asked pulling out of the parking lot.

"How'd you guess?" I retorted just a too bitterly. He just laughed it off.

"Are we still on for movie night?" I asked hopefully a few minutes later.

"Well, umm, actually Jae I kinda got invited to a party tonight."

"Oh." I replied trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

"I'm sorry. It's just that it's the first party of vacation. So it's gonna be a big one."

"It's okay." I assured him. The rest of the ride home was quite. We finally pulled into the drive way ten minutes later.

After turning off the car Justin turned to me and opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. I raised a brow at him. "How about you come with me to the party? Ya know make up for ditching on movie night."

I thought about it. In my whole three years of high school I never once attended any party. Justin had been to tons of them but I none. I guess you could say that would classify me as a goody two-shoe or something. But at that moment I made a decision that would change my life entirely. Of course I didn't know at the time.

"Sure." I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was mostly just revised, I didn't change much at all.

Comments please!