Status: On Hiatus.... Thinking about deleting

Cocaine.

Seven

Consciousness slowly came to me and I groaned as a thumping in my head began. Despite the pain I carefully sat up rubbing the remaining sleep from my eyes. I let out a sigh. “What did I get myself into?” I whispered to myself. Taking in my surroundings the events of the night started coming back to me. A small smile crept onto my face as I noticed Gerard was fast asleep on the sofa across the room. But that smile quickly diminished when I realized something.

“Shit.” I whispered kind of loudly, silently scolding myself. I reached for my skirt on the floor and pulled out my cell phone from the pocket. I hesitantly turned on my phone, not really sure of when I even turned it off. I chewed on my lip nervously as I waited for the welcome screen and groaned loudly when my phone said 37 missed called. I quickly looked over to the sofa making sure I hadn’t woken up Gerard. When I was sure he was still asleep I glanced down at my phone to check which calls were from whom; 3 from my mom and 34 from Justin.

Sighing and rolling my eyes I picked up my clothes from the floor and quickly changed. I folded the clothes that I slept in and placed then nicely on the bed. Quietly I made my way upstairs and into the living room. Kara and Blair were laying across the same sofa their heads on opposite arm cushions. Tony lay sprawled across the chair in the corner. He didn’t look very comfortable to say in the least.

I made my way out the front door and sat on the stairs. I inhaled deeply taking in the moist morning air. Mentally preparing myself for the call I had to make. I started dialing my brother’s number. I honestly didn’t know what to expect, I had never really done anything like this. I just hoped he wasn’t too pissed. Sighing I pressed the call button and chewed on my lip as I waited for him to answer.

After the first ring I was met with a frantic voice. “Where the fuck are you?” Justin practically screamed into the phone.

I pulled my cell slightly away from my ear and swallowed the lump in my throat. “What no hello?” I asked innocently.

“Jaelee Sophia Sloan where the hell are you?”

“Well that’s the problem… I’m not really sure.”

“What? How do you not know where you are? How did you get there?”

“Well I met a girl at the party and I left with her and her friends to go to another party…”

“Ugh Jae why would you do that? Something could have happened to you. I know you have more of a brain than that.” He scolded me.

I sighed kind of upset he would question my judgment. Though I couldn’t really blame him, it was completely out of character for me. “Yeah I know. I’m sorry. I would have called last night but I lost track of time....”

“Jae I really don’t wanna hear it right now.”

“I’m sorry.” I whispered sadly. I couldn’t help it Justin had never been truly upset with me, not like this, and I could just hear the disappointment in his voice.

He sighed and I could almost see him rub his face in frustration. “Listen, I’m sorry for freaking out but you had me worried sick. You just disappeared and you wouldn’t answer any calls. I thought you were dead.”

“Well I’m okay and in one piece.”

“Yeah thank god. I don’t know what I would do if anything happened to you.”

I scoffed. “Justin I’m fine okay. I just got a bit of a hang over. No damage done.”

“A hang over? You drank?” He asked a bit shocked.

I chuckled. “Yes Justin I drank. I’ll talk to you about it later okay?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Okay. I’m gonna go. I’ll text you the address in a minute.”

“Alright.”

I hung up the phone and stood up slipping my phone back in my pocket. Well that went better than I thought. I expected screaming and cursing and possibly a swat team out searching for me. I turned back to the house and stepped inside. Kara was sitting up with her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands. She looked up as I closed the door behind me.

“Hey you’re awake.” She smiled up at me.

I nodded. “Yup. I had to call my brother. He wasn’t too happy with me disappearing.”

“Tell him not to get his panties up in a bunch. You were in good hands.”

I smiled and sat down next to her. “I had a lot of fun last night. The most fun I had in a while.”

“Good I’m glad you did.” She said patting my back. “I hope you hang out with us again soon.”

“Sure thing.” I grinned “Do you happen to know the address here?”

“Yeah it’s 21 Morte Ave.”

“Thanks. My brother is gonna come pick me up.” I told her as I began to text my brother the address.

“Ohhhh. Your not gonna get into too much trouble cause of me are you?” She asked nudging me in the side.

“Nope. Not as long as my parents don’t find out.” I cringed at the thought. I’d be ground till I graduated high school.

“Are they strict?”

I nodded. “They’re ‘conservative’.” I told her using air quotes, “They don’t approve of most things. Including partying, drinking and passing out in strange places.” I smiled.

She laughed softly. “I’m glad I don’t have to worry about that. I left my parents house over a year ago. Tony, Blair, and I live together. Tony inherited the house from his grandmother.”

“You don’t go to school?”

“Nah I got kicked out. I got into too much trouble.” She laughed as if she were recalling memories.

We talked for a few more minutes before we got up and started picking up the trash lying around the house. I’d feel kind of bad if I left without picking up a bit. I know there was no way I even came close to making half of this mess but I did contribute to a small part of it. Soon after we started cleaning a tall boy with mess light brown hair and thick rimmed glasses came out to join us. I recognized him as the boy who had gotten shots for us toward the begging of the night. He smiled at us.

“You guys really don’t have to do that you know?”

“We know.” Kara told him.

I smiled at him. “I don’t mind helping out.”

“I’m Mikey, Gerard’s brother.” He held out his hand.

I shook his hand. “Jae.”

“Nice to formally meet you. Thanks for the help by the way.”

“No problem.”

I helped clean up for about fifteen minutes before I heard a honk outside. I finished washing the cup that was in my hand and wiped them on the drying towel. Kara walked in the kitchen.

“I think that’s your brother.”

“Yeah I know.”

She, Blair, Tony, and even Mikey walked me to the door. I sighed as I stepped out on the front stairs knowing that this was goodbye, at least for now. I would really miss these guys. We had become pretty good friends in such a short amount of time. I could only hope I’d be able to see them soon. I turned around and looked them over and smiled. But my smile faltered when I realized I wouldn’t be able to say goodbye to Gerard. I really hope I would get to see him soon also. The thought of that made me smile again.

“See you soon Mikey asked?”

I nodded. “As soon as I can.” I gave them each a hug before walking across the lawn to Justin’s car. I opened the door and waved to the group of people still on the stairs. The group of people that I called my new friends, people I would have never been friends with if I hadn’t agreed to go with Justin. But I was glad that I did. I didn’t regret any part about last night, not even drinking too much, because for once in my life I got to live a little.

I sat inside the car and closed the door behind me, watching my new friends disappear back into the house as Justin pulled away from the curb. I sighed happily and leaned my head against the glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while since I updated.
But here it is the long awaited chapter!
I hope you guys enjoyed it.