From Sunsets to Monroeville

THE RESTLESS

Frank looked up at Ms. Vonderahe once more. He really had no idea what in the hell that woman was talking about. No one in the class did. The woman just yapped a lot the entire period about the moon and rocks and science. Occasionally, she would talk about herself and then go back to rocks and put up some notes for everyone to copy.

That's when everyone fell asleep.

Frank slowly waited for his phone to buzz again, to let him know he had a text message. All day, in every class him and Allison did or didn't have together, they would spend it text messaging. Even if they were like a couple feet away, they obviously couldn't talk, so they just texted.

There was a low buzzing and Frank pulled out his Sidekick happily, sliding the screen right side up and read the new message.

You're distracting as fuck.

Frank chuckled and typed up his response. How again?

Soon after he sent it and after Ms. Vonderahe put on a new sheet on the overhead projector, he got a response.

Your fucking face love

Am I literally that ugly? -frown-

No hun, Allison sent back. you're that gorgeous

Frank began to laugh as he tried to reply. You're kidding

He looked over at Allison after to see her writing in her notebook, half writing down the notes and half writing pointless love stories that were probably based on their relationship. The kid next to her poked her in the side and Allison looked down at her lap, where her phone probably was. The kid was probably telling Allison she had a new text message. Frank watched Allison lean over and scribble something quick on the kid’s paper before focusing on her phone.

I can't write my notes with u txting me, her message read when Frank received it.

You also can't buy me love, Frank sent back.

Random as fuck

You love it

"Frank," a voice said sharply and Frank looked to the right of him at Ms. Vonderahe in the front of the room where she sat talking about the notes. She was closer to Allison then she was to him but her glare still soared across the room and stayed on him. "Are you writing this down?"

"All of it," Frank said happily, showing her his page of 'notes' that were actually song lyrics he was working on a couple periods before.

"Good," she replied and smiled, going back to the lesson she was teaching.

Too bad the silly woman was talking about her dogs again, and no one really cared anyway. It's just ironic that at the beginning of the school year, Ms. Vonderahe had told the class that the first day was probably the only day she would talk so much.

Funny how she hasn't shut up since.

Aw pookster got caught, Allison sent.

Caught doing nothing, Frank sent back.

Damn straight, Allison replied, adding a smiley face at the end.

When does this period end?, Frank asked.

2:34 dear. You've been @ this school how long now and u dk when school ends?

The period drags on forever when you've got Mary poppins talks a lot teaching you a lesson

Finally the bell rang and all of the students rose at once and retreated to the door from their seats, some running and others clearly rushing out of the room. Allison packed up as Frank crossed the room to come over to his, sliding his messenger bag over his shoulder.

"Hi girlfriend," he giggled and sat on the desk as she clasped her own messenger bag
closed.

"Hi boyfriend slash loser slash dork," Allison replied, smiling. She took Frank's hand and exited the room with him, saying goodbye to Ms. Vonderahe.

"That woman is loony," Frank chuckled as they walked down the hallway together.

"Seriously. I don't even know what I was writing down and that's technically, not my fault."

All of a sudden, a tall longhaired figure exited the classroom before the stairs and stood next to Allison, just staring at her from behind his hair.

"Hi Peter," Allison mewed, waving at him.

Peter said nothing and just kept looking at her. Frank began to laugh; he knew this was a game Peter liked to play with Allison. He just stared at her, not saying a damn thing and just blinking and it always pissed Allison off.

"What?" Allison exclaimed as she walked down the stairs after Frank, her hand still in his. "Don't do that, you know it annoys me!"

Peter still said absolutely nothing as they walked down the stairs. Allison gave a frustrated yell and smacked him in the chest before walking away quickly before he could grab her. Frank laughed and shared a smile with Peter as he waved goodbye and Allison stormed on down the hallway, passing the gym.

"I hate when he does that!" She yelled. "He's so god damn annoying..."

"Oh sh," Frank chuckled and pulled her close to him, giving her a one armed hug. They walked through the front doors of the school and walked out into the sunny front area of the school. People crowded around the doors but Frank guided them through and went over to some people they knew.

After chatting with a few people they decided to leave and start to head home. Frank grasped Allison’s hand and slipped his fingers in the spaces in between as they headed down Grand Avenue. Dan and Connor weren't walking with them today, Dan had Lacrosse tryouts and Connor rode his bike home.

"So," Allison said quietly.

"So," Frank repeated, giggling. He stopped though when he saw the serious look Allison had on her face. He sighed, he knew exactly what this was about.

"So," Allison repeated. "Peter advised that I talk to you about this on the walk home."

"I see."

"Yeah so..."

"I don't know," Frank admitted, shrugging. "It was just a stupid decision."

"As stupid as the fight was," Allison added. "It was still...you know, upsetting."

"I got ya...it was just awkward and weird and stupid and..."

"Why?" Allison interrupted. "Any ideas why?"

"I told you I don't know," Frank sighed. "It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. Just forget I ever said any of that stuff yesterday."

"Frank you know that won't be easy..."

"I know but please, try? You know I didn't mean any of it - that I never usually talk to you like that so therefore it's like I wasn't the one saying it, get it?"

"Sure," Allison shrugged. "Whatever you say."

"Allison I'm sorry," Frank said for like the tenth time that day. "You weren't in the mood for me to be a difficult little asshole and I wasn't being as good of a boyfriend as I should've been."

"It's fine. After I talked to Peter, I realized you were just like him and you weren't going to stop smoking just because I asked. It's a part of you and when you're stressed, that's what you want to do."

"Yeah..." Frank agreed, looking down at his shoes.

"Besides the part that you wanted to do it in the middle of the day in a park on a busy street, I would've been okay with it if you would've asked."

"I'm still sorry."

The two remained quiet for a while as they passed the Walgreen’s and came to the part where they had to cross Milburn Avenue. The bright Valero sign gas station sat in between Milburn and Grand Avenue but the two strolled on without saying another word.

"I just hope," Allison began. "That you'll quit that bullshit eventually, y'know? You can't be in college and lighting up blunts in your dorm room."

If I even make it that far, Frank thought but he nodded in agreement nonetheless.

"Oh and Frank," Allison said a little while later. "We have to go to the library. I need to get a book."

"You have time for reading?" Frank joked. "When you have to deal with me all the time?"

"Yes Frank," she chuckled. "You know I read sometimes when I'm on the phone with you."

"A multi-tasker, me likey."

[Time Elapse]

Allison giggled as Frank planted his head on her shoulder, his lips pressed up against the side of her neck.

"Frank stop it!" She hissed quietly. "We're in the Young Adult section of the library!"

"Which is why we should act like young adults," Frank pointed out and slid his tongue lightly across her flesh.

"Not horny ones."

"Did you see a sign that said 'no hooking up in the library'? Because I sure as hell didn't..."

"You also can't read," Allison giggled and Frank pulled his head away from her neck, his mouth forming into a small 'o' in offense.

"Hey, I can too read," he pouted, leaning on his knees for support as Allison lay beneath him.

"Then let me get a book so I can do the same," she demanded and sat up, leaning back on the palms of her hands. "Up, up, up!"

"No," Frank stated simply, crawling on the multi colored carpet of the library floor towards Allison again. "I'd rather not."

And with that he pressed his lips against hers as she made a muffled cry in response. Allison accepted though and kissed him back, her eyes finally slipping shut as she enjoyed the kiss. Frank weaved one hand up his girlfriend’s side and up to her face where his fingers caressed her cheek softly and he tipped his head to the side, entering his tongue into the kiss.

Allison moaned in response and grinded her hips up towards Franks, smirking into the kiss as he moaned lowly. She massaged his tongue with her own and continued, getting a rise out of the young boy.

Soon the two heard a low gasp and both of their eyes sprang open. Behind Frank was a young girl, about the age of thirteen with a little boy. Her eyes went wide like a deer in headlights and she scrambled off. Allison separated her lips from Franks and pushed him off of her, sitting right side up.

"Ugh!" She groaned.

"Oh yes, give it to me one more time," Frank giggled but Allison smacked him on the arm.

"We probably just scarred that little girl and boy for life," Allison muttered.

"Aw, poor little shits," Frank chuckled and jumped on Allison again, resuming their previous position.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edited.