From Sunsets to Monroeville

Such GREAT Heights.

Frank went home at about 10. His mother said his father went out looking for him. And then he came home, got completely loaded on so much beer and then left again, probably went out to kill himself or something.

Frank didn't care. He came in the house and went straight to his room. It was pitch black, red walls and black carpeting. Everything was dark, including the Metallica, Misfits, Iron Maiden, and other posters. He threw his Misfits bag on the floor. He wouldn't be bothered with homework tonight, as any night. He slumped down on his double twin bed and stuffed his head into the pillow.

Why did his father abuse him like that? He wondered. What did he ever do to deserve this? Yes, in Jersey he was a troublemaker. He wasn't the best child on the block, getting involved with drinking and weed. That was the Jersey lifestyle, especially in Belleville. Mr. Iero couldn't even blame him because he too had gotten into that life himself, and was still into drinking as well.

Frank shuddered at the memory of his father when he beat him for coming home high as a kite. That was when the burnings started. Mr. Iero had made kind of a sport into taking his lighter and holding the flame up to the bareness of Frank's back. And he would leave it there until it left a scar. Frank reached into his shirt and scarcely touched the scars on his back. Fuck his father for abusing him all this time.

A car door slammed and Frank glanced at the clock in fear. 3:00, it read and the front door opened. Frank scrambled to get under the covers and pretended to sleep, afraid if his father found him awake in his condition he might start on him again. Mr. Iero did run up the stairs and stormed into Frank's room. He exhaled sharply.

"Good for nothing stupid ass failure," he sneered and slammed the door.

Frank shook himself to sleep.

[Time Elapse - 7:00.]

The alarm rang out an old The Clash tune and Frank threw his covers off of him. He stormed into the closet and dragged out his Ride The Lightning t-shirt and his black hoodie. He pushed past his probably still inebriated, alcohol induced hangover mother aside to get to the bathroom and closed the door, locking it as well.

Frank looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was all over the place from his movements during the night and his face looked drained and discolored. A slight bruise was forming on his face and it stung when he touched it. He inhaled, and realized he really...stunk.

He ripped off his closed and jumped into the shower. At first the cold water made Frank shiver but then the hot water came pouring out. Frank dipped his head under the showerhead and the water coasted his face. He lowered the heat and warm liquid soothed his scarred and bruised body, causing him to relax.

Mrs. Iero banged on the door and Frank stuck his head out of the shower to glance at the clock. It read 10 minutes after 7.

Frank then turned off the tap and stepped out of the shower, grabbing his towel off the back of the door. He dried his body and put his towel to drape on his head. He ruffled it around, barely drying it and got dressed. Putting the towel back on its place, he grabbed his mother's brush and brushed his hair. He burst through the door and quickly dashed into his room and grabbed his bag. Down the stairs he ran to find Mrs. Iero at the door. Frank jumped into the kitchen and got a breakfast bar.

When Mrs. Iero and Frank came outside, Allison opened her door and stepped out. Frank's mother handed him a container full of tic-tacs and he stuffed a couple in his mouth. He actually gave his mother a thankful smile and pocketed the pack in his pocket. Allison approached him while gripping her Metallica bag tight. She kissed him softly and said ‘Good Morning’ to Mrs. Iero. The two stepped into the car in front of the house and drove out of the complex.

Mrs. Iero turned on the radio and Allison turned to Frank who was eating his breakfast bar. She took his hand across the seat.

"How are you?" She whispered.

"Fine," he said and pulled her close. “Thanks for yesterday."

He smiled, remembering the night he spent with just his girlfriend. They didn't do much after Allison cleaned Frank up but watch TV and hung around. Thank god today was Friday. She kissed him softly where his bruise was starting to form. He winced at the pain but softened when she kissed his neck and dropped her head on his shoulder.

"Frank, Nan should be coming tonight so if you two go out, don't stay out too late. And your father leaves for a business trip tonight," Mrs. Iero called from the front of the car.

Frank sighed and pulled Allison closer. Nan was his mother's mom. She was the only one in the family who didn't publicly resent him. Allison looked up at him pleadingly. Frank's heart soared; he loved her big puppy dog eyes.

They drove down the main road until they pulled into the small plaza, which held a CVS. After a right turn, they drove down the small street that led to the school. Kids were all over, and cars lined the street. Mrs. Iero guided the car over the speed bumps towards the circle in front of the school and pulled up behind a red convertible. Frank and Allison then stepped out, Allison telling Mrs. Iero a ‘thank you’.

"Dan-ielle!" Allison called as Dan's mother and Mrs. Iero drove away and more cars drove up.

She ran over to hug him and he grunted happily. Allison held Frank's hand when he came over to them and looped arms with Dan. The two started talking about an English project, but Dan kept looking at Frank. Frank guessed he could see his bruise and he pulled his hood over his head more.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edited.