The Mixed Clique

Anticipation

The next day, my parents were getting a divorce.

It wasn't anything dramatic, really. I honestly could of expected it. My mother told me that my father's drinking was getting out of control, and my father told me he couldn't take my mother smoking anymore. One little detail of their problems got to me.

They said that they were going to wait until I graduated to get the divorce; but they just couldn't stand it anymore, so they were getting it right away.

Does that mean they couldn't stand each other, so they decided to try and tear me apart? I wasn't being an over dramatic little brat, saying it's all my fault and that I wish I could make them stay together.

I wanted them apart.

That means less fighting, and less drug use in one place, even though I was out of the house most of the time. It's not fun to deal with when I get home.

"Parents will have problems," said Aidan. "But you should keep them out of yours."

"I know that, but I can't help it. They couldn't stand each other for not even a year..." I sighed. "It wasn't fun to come home to."

"Things are always for the better, aren't they?" He placed his hand on mine. "Like I said the other day; everything happens for a reason."

"Do you know how the rest of the guys are doing?" I asked, wanting to get off the subject.

He moved closer to me, whispering in my ear. "I saw Denny hanging out with Trent today."

"Trent?!" I screamed. "What was he-"

"Quiet," Aidan hissed, covering my mouth with his hand. "They're not too far away."

"What was he doing with a fucking ass wipe like him?" I said with a low growl.

"I don't know..." he sighed. "You can go check, if you want."

"Come with me," I said. "Please."

"Fine," he grumbled, letting me take his arm and drag him around the corner. I kept pulling him and urging him forward At the corner, Aidan yanked me back. "What is it?" I asked.

"I don't want you to get...upset," he sighed. "Please, whatever is there, can you promise me you can take it?"

"Of course," I approved, attempting to flash him a fake smile of assurance.

Which I knew meant nothing once I saw what was around the corner.

Because behind the corner with Trent, Denny was smoking.

His perfect pale blue eyes crazed with adrenaline. He wore a smile I never wanted to see, full of devious fake craziness. His hand was shaky as he brought the roll to and from his mouth.

I let the tears fall to the ground. Aidan grabbed my hand and lead me back around. I rested my head against his chest and ruined his shirt with tears. He traced his cold hand up and down my back. "You've heard it's going to be alright enough. I don't know what to say anymore..." he sighed.

"Everything is going wrong..." I whispered. "Jared is dead, my parents are getting divorced, Denny is smoking, Connor is mad, and who knows what Shane and Ethan are doing? They're next in this torture chain."

"No Kylie, this will all work out. Something good will become of this." He tilted my chin up, and guided my eyes in to his. "Not all hope is lost."

"How did you get so positive?" I asked, dropping my head back.

"I guess it's just the way I am," he laughed shyly with a smile.

"I wish I was that positive, I'm negative a lot, or maybe it's just anticipation," I fake laughed. "Thank you for being here for me."

His cold blue eyes melted as he grinned at me. He tilted my chin back up, holding my face in his hands, and brought his face closer to mine. "Anticipation isn't quite the way to go."

And that's where he pressed his cold marble lips against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Hold this ransom against the nothing I've become."