The Mixed Clique

Real

The funeral was a few days later.

I met up with Ashley, who I actually haven't seen in a matter of weeks, at the front of the church. The black tips in her hair were gone; now her entire head was inky black with her bangs bleached blond. She wore a slick dark dress that made her look like a black stream of water.

I felt guilty about not being able to go to the wake. I knew I wouldn't be able to look at the corpse that raped the boy I love. The only person I would want there with me would have been Aidan, but since he was gone, there really was no point of doing anything now.

I went to the funeral because of Shane; I haven't seen him in a while, and he wanted to help me because I seemed "dramatized." I'm just glad Denny came to my house and tried to comfort me; I don't even know what would have happened if he hadn't.

Maybe I should just stick with the friends I have.

I knew I couldn't bare seeing the corpse; I would realize it was all real. I closed my eyes as I walked into the funeral home, letting Ashley lead me as I took my seat.

There were many people at the wake; a bunch of mixed types of races. Some of them glared at each other, and I could hear some of the racial insults being murmured upon all of them. Immature racist ignorant.

There was a boy that stood out from the rest; thin black hair, full lips, and deep hazel eyes surrounded by black. He wore a black suit with a white dress shirt under the blazer, also with a black tie. He trotted his way up to the podium, and waiting for everyone to take their seats.

I sat in the front row; jaw dropped at this boys beauty. He looked down at me and half smiled. Once all the mumbling stopped, he raised his hands slightly in the air.

"As you can tell," he said quietly, speaking into the microphone to make his voice louder. "We are hear for the passing of our good friend, Ethan Talhinio. May God bless his family and friends mourning his loss. And for those who don't believe in God," he looked upon a certain family, probably people in his. "If we don't believe in Him, He won't believe in us. For those of you who don't know; Ethan was gay. And he was a proud, wonderful, gay man. All in all, his neighbors, his best friends," he motioned towards where I was sitting. I turned around, realizing that all of the guys were sitting behind me...But Denny wasn't. "You have my greatest sympathy. Sadly, today, his family could not attend this wake for reasons unknown to my knowledge. Would anyone else like to say a few words?"

I began to shake. I wanted to pay my respects, but I knew the fact that he had raped Aidan would poison my speech. The boy looked down in my direction, and I really hoped he was looking at the guys behind me. I inched towards Ashley, he locked her stare on the ground.

I could tell the boy was getting frustrated. His fingers tapped impatiently on the podium, and a tear traced down his nose and splashed on to the wood.

"Mikey..." From behind the curtain, emerged Denny, his hair another color. This time, he had dyed it black, and it was streaked in many parts with blue. "You've done enough. Please, you can have a seat now."

"Not a single person..." the boy named Mikey mumbled, shaking his head. "No one has a nice thing to say about him. "Either they're too shy to do something, or none of them give a damn." His hands began to tremble. He lifted his head, and stared with his teary eyes into the crowd. "I wish you the best," he said with a harsh whisper.

My heart sank. Most of the figures in black began to stand and exit the door, but the guys stayed. And so did I.

"Why?!" Mikey shouted, swinging his foot violently into the wall. "Is everyone that damn ignorant?" He grabbed both sides of his head, and slumped down on the wall. He stared at the casket holding the corpse, and his hardened stare melted. "These people didn't deserve you, Ethan..." he sighed.

And with that, I looked at the body. And I really wish I hadn't.

His lips looked like they were sown together, his large lids rested and his hands were folding on his chest. Half of his body was showing, the other half was covered by the casket. His naturally tan skin looked more pale, and a circle around his neck was purple.

From the rope he hung himself with, I was guessing.

I couldn't help it; I bawled. It was such a surprise that it made Ashely jump. Mikey's eyes flashed towards me, and so did the rest of the guys. With my teary wet hands covering my eyes, I feel their stares pouring into my back. Ashley rested a warm hand on my back, and whispered me things that Aidan had said to calm me down. That just made things worse.

I felt another hand on my shoulder, and someone brushed my messy knotted hair from my eyes. "Are you alright...?"

I shook my head. What was I supposed to do, lie? Not likely. I switched my eyes up, just to meet the beauty face of Mikey. "I'm sorry..." he sighed. "Did I offend you?"

I released a shaky sigh. My hands began to tremble as I shrugged. "No..." I said. "It's just...all of this...is real."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the random cut off, but hey, I have no life.
Please comment, because I really need motivation. More than you think. If you love me; comment. Make my face like this :D instead of this D:>