The Mixed Clique

Five Months Later

Out to business again.

Aidan was a nice guy and all, but sometimes he grew to bug me. He knew it too. He gave me the nick name "Gotham" from Bat Man, and always threw random things in my hair. To think five months ago he barely talked to anyone and flushed when someone spoke to him.

Hanging out with Denny had sure made him outgoing.

Aidan was not like the other guys. He wasn't a performer, jock, nerd, cutter, or skater. He was different. He was a writer. Well, a fantastic writer.

But still, he couldn't replace Jared.

I visited Jared as much as I could. Sometimes I could only go once a week. Aidan had never met him before. Jared said that he didn't really want to meet his replacement. Although I tried to convince him he could never be replaced, he never really believed me.

"Alright, you're meeting him whether you like it or not," I threatened.

"Don't torture the kid with cancer. It's not nice," Jared said with a pout.

"I don't know why you don't want to meet him. I mean, he's really nice."

"How many times to I have to tell you? I don't want to meet my replacement. And when I get out of here, maybe I'll meet him. You just wait," he laughed, and grinned immensely. "I miss all of you guys so much. You know I probably haven't seen Connor in a few months? Well, if he saw me then, I'd still be on chemo; and bald. Thank God they took me off. I miss my hair."

"I'm sure you do," I sighed happily.

"Kylie, I should tell you something," he began. "Thank you for being here for me these past few months. I really appreciate it."

"It's no trouble, really."

"No, you don't get it. Kylie, I really care about you and...what I'm trying to say is-"

"Are you Jared?" said a smiling voice from behind me.

I spun around; and there was Aidan. Smiling with all of his awe. His raven black hair covering his pale blue eyes as usual. I looked back at Jared, who was glaring at Aidan, who was smiling back.

"Get him away..." I heard Jared mumble.

"Aidan, could you give us a second? I need to talk to him alone," I asked politely.

"No problem," he said. He winked, then walked out.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Jared growled.

"No, he's just my friend. What did you want to tell me?"

"Come closer. I'm going to whisper," he said softly. I brought my head in closer, but he whispered for me to come in even closer. I came in so close our noses were barely touching.

"What do you want to tell me?" I whispered. I could feel heat rising up to my face.

"This." He put one hand on the back of my head and pulled me in. His cold marble lips crashed against mine. His other hand stroked me cheek. When he pulled back, my face was burning and my eyes were wide. He turned a light shade of pink.

"Does that explain anything?" he asked shyly.
♠ ♠ ♠
"At least we all bleed the same way."