Status: [COMPLETE]

Hold Your Breath

Chapter Thirty-Two

"Did you tell him?"

"No."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"No."

"You need to tell him."

"Goddamnit Brendon! NO! Leave me be!" I screamed at the irritating boy as we continued walking down the hotel's fourth floor hallway.

We had just arrived from the hotel and the group had decided to go swimming. I, on the other hand, had decided to sit in my room and sulk. Apparently Brendon had decided that too. I glared at Brendon who strolled casually beside me with his hands in his jeans. We walked in silence.

"So..." Brendon said, breaking the silence, "Why aren't you telling Mike? It's his, isn't it?"

I narrowed my eyes at Brendon before stopping at my hotel room door, "Of course it's his, Brendon! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. OK?"

Brendon gave a whistle, "Geez keep you're pregnancy hormone imbalances to yourself, kid."

"Get lost, Brendon," I said entering my room.

I closed the door and walked carefully through the dark to find my bed. Finally, after a long day, I slept peacefully, forgetting everything for a later time.

[Ryan's POV]
"Ryan, why are you sitting out of the pool? Jump in with us!" Sandy shouted from across the pool.

I really wanted to. I really wanted to let go and have fun. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves but me. My mind would not focus on anything but Vic. MY conscience growled annoyingly inside of my head. I couldn't believe the thoughts that were invading my head. But what else was I supposed to think? Brendon and Vic were not here. They had left to go to the rooms while everyone else went swimming.

That's it. I've had enough.

"Ryan, honey. Where are you going?" Sandy asked as I stood up and started walking back to the hotel rooms.

"Be back," I said quickly before breaking into a slow jog toward the room.

Instead of taking the elevator, I took the stairs and arrived on the fourth floor half the time it would have taken to get there with the elevator. The familiar shape of Brendon Urie made itself visible as he stepped out of a hotel room in a pair of swimming trunks.

"Brendon!" I called at his retreating back.

He turned around, confused that his name had been called. Brendon smiled and gave me a salute as he waited for me to catch up. I gave him a mean glare.

"What's up Ryan?" Brendon asked concerned.

"Are you cheating with Vic?" I asked bluntly.

"I-I... uh, what?" Brendon sputtered surprised by the question.

"ARE. YOU. CHEATING. WITH. VIC?" I repeated slowly enough for a retard to understand.

"Why the fuck are you asking me that question, Ryan?" Brendon retorted with a question.

"Why don't you just answer the question? Or is it because you can't answer that question? Because you really are sleeping with her. That's why you two were together at the drugstore!"

Brendon's face was boiling, "What the fuck are you talking about Ryan? You have no idea how far off you are!"

"Yeah? Then explain why you've been spending so much time with Vic. Huh?" I said with anger rising in my throat, "Just tell me goddamnit, are you sleeping with Vic?!"

"Why do you care who she's sleeping with anyway?" Brendon asked, "It's not of your concern to begin with even if she were sleeping with me."

"Brendon, you asshole!" I screamed as I tackled him to the ground and started to punch him.

I was blinded with fury to even realize that I was punching my best friend in the face. Everything had happened so fast that I didn't even feel myself being pulled off of him.

"Ryan, what are you doing?!" Spencer shouted at me.

I blinked a couple of times and saw that Mike and Riley were holding me back. Jon and Spencer were helping Brendon out.

"I-I... I was... We we're... Then.."

"Ryan?" asked a confused and curious voice.

Vic stepped out of the door we were all in front of and observed the scene. Brendon's bloody and bruised face and the guys restraining me pretty much said everything to her.

"Vic, I-"

But she didn't listen. Instead, she walked back into her room and slammed the door. With a heavy heart, I let my head hang in shame as the guys led me back into our room.