Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace in Pieces

Will you be coming back again?

“Danielle, I can’t believe you did it again!”

“I’m so sorry. I know I screwed up, but I was drunk. It was a mistake.” She had already wrapped a robe to cover her exposed body.

“Save your excuses. I don’t want to hear them.”

“William, forgive me again. It’s the last time I will.”

“Lying is an art, and you are an artist.”

Again the scene was repeating; William would drive 25 minutes to see the girl, the girl he had been with for the past five months, the girl with whom he shared the sheets in passionate nights. He would pull in front of her house, with the smile that characterized him, he would walk to the door shivering from the cold Chicago breeze and take the key from his pocket introducing himself discreetly, rushing upstairs to the bedroom where they shared countless nights of pleasure, but he would find clothes scattered everywhere on the floor and two sweaty bodies laying on the mattress, the wrinkled sheets covering their bare bodies; his ‘girlfriend’ in bed with another guy. It wasn’t the first time that this happened, but he couldn’t blame her. She was a one night stand girl. Actually, that’s how they met.

“Please William, don’t throw our relationship away because of this.”

“So you sleep with some random guy and I’m the one who’s throwing it away?”

“I think we need to calm down and talk.”

“We have nothing to talk about. I can’t believe I’ve been so stupid. You cheated so many times, but this one is the last.”

“No William, please-”

“Please nothing! It’s over, we’re done forever!” With that William tossed the key on the floor, storming out of the house and not bothering to close the door behind him.

Then he would drive to the other girl; the one whom he’d shared his childhood with, the one who gave him his first cooties, the girl with whom he'd trade lunch, the girl who gave him his first Innocent kiss but now was just his best friend, the girl who would always be there for him, but secretly loved him. Hastily, he knocked the door.

“William!” she screamed, tackling him in a tight hug

“Hey Hannah, can I come in?”

“Yeah sure, are you OK? I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“I know and I’m so sorry. I forgot about my friends.”

“Well, you’re here now and that’s what matters. So how can I help you?”

“I’m so sorry to bother you Hannah, but I need to talk.”

“Danielle again?” William nodded, sitting on the couch.

“What did she do this time?”

“What she’s been doing all the time.”

“What are you going to do?”

“It’s over.”

Hannah gasped. She never actually liked Danielle; she was pretty but such a bitch. She couldn’t stand the way she showed off her body to get attention, how she treated William, how she kissed William and woke up next to him every morning. She hated the fact that she had him.

“Do you think I could have a drink?”

“Sure.” Hannah got up. The whole idea of William being single again was spinning in her ears. What if she- no. She was only his best friend. He never would think of her as a woman.

“Here you are.” Hannah sat next to him, handing him a shot of vodka and placing the bottle on the coffee table. She stared at the soft features between the long brown frame as he took the shot, smiling sweetly

“Do you think I did right?”

“I think it’s the best. She was no good for you. No offense, but she is a slut.”

“Yeah, I can’t believe I was such an idiot. She was laughing behind my back.”

“Please don’t say that. You are the best guy I’ve ever met.”

William smiled, swallowing his third drink. “Well thanks.” The vodka filled the atmosphere with a tipsy vibe that allowed them to chat until they reached the bottom of the bottle. Hannah stared at William with glassy eyes and he smiled.

“What?”

“I love you. William,” she somehow managed to slur.

William beamed; he thought it was only the influence of alcohol. She spilled her drink as he leaned to let their lips collide, alcohol and mint in his taste. Their intoxicated bodies crashed together.

They stumbled to her bedroom with laced fingers, both grinning like fools. She pressed him against the wall, taking off his shirt and colliding their hips causing him to grump. She wanted him badly. Without hesitation, she wrapped her long legs around his thin waist, both devouring each other with their mouths and pulling frantically at stings of each others hair. He walked tossing her lanky body over the bed.

William pulled down her skirt leaving her in underwear. He took off his jeans anxiously as she carelessly tossed her shirt on the floor. William straddled her hips, allowing his hands to explore Hannah’s body, grabbing here and there. He lifted her body to unclip her bra, kissing and sucking on her neck, causing her to moan.

They both got rid of the last clothing left on their impatient bodies.

William’s mouth whispered an “I need you,” before tangling their tongues.

“William!” she gasped as he thrust into her. William smiled at her, whispering “It’s OK.” He couldn’t remember the last time it felt so good being with someone, he moaned with each thrust. Her nails grazed into his soft skin from the pleasure.

“Hannah,” he whimpered, “you feel so good.”

Her hands pulled at strings of his sweaty hair.

“I love you, William,” she whimpered within the thrusts.

Her flexibility increased the pleasure. Between the moans and gasps, William pulled her body close as he came.

They detached their sweaty bodies, laying on the mattress. Both panting, trying to catch their breath, staring at the ceiling. Hannah couldn’t believe what just happened. She had just had sex with her best friend. She was wishing she could take it back. This wasn’t going to be OK. She tried to get up but William’s arm was wrapped around her waist. He was already sleeping. She couldn’t believe it happened. She had been with the man of her dreams but they were both drunk.

When William woke up, he was trying to figure out where he was. he couldn’t remember a thing. His hand was resting on someone next to him. He slowly took it away to rub his still sleepy face. His head was spinning and his clothes were in heaps around the floor. The memories struck him, everything was clear. He had always fantasized about sleeping with Hannah, but this wasn’t how he wanted it. Slowly, he got up and pulled his underwear on. His jeans were on the floor next to the bed but he couldn’t find his shirt anywhere, so he decided to pull out one of her hoodies. They were both extremely skinny, so that wasn’t a problem. Fully dressed, he walked out the house.

Hannah woke up alone in her bed. William had left, still confused about what happened and with a hammering headache. ‘I should’ve seen this coming. He probably doesn’t want to see me again’ she thought. Slowly, she stepped out of the bed, pulling on her clothes. She changed the sheets so she wouldn’t think of him. A couple of Tylenol and a glass of water helped her with the headache but not with the pain in her heart. She was trying to forget the moment she shared with him but it was stuck in her mind, torturing her until an insistent knock on the door brought her back from her thoughts.

“Coming!” She opened the door to stop the knocking that was killing her. “What are you doing here?”

William didn’t answer. He kept a straight face as he walked in, holding a bouquet of white roses. He pressed his lips against hers. She was taken by surprise. “What was that for?”

“I need you. I’ve liked you since we were kids, and I lo-”

“No William, don’t say it.”

“Why not?”

“Cause when it’s over it will hurt so bad.”

“Who said it has to end?” With that William smiled, handing her the roses. “Hannah, I love you, need you and want you. Would you want to be my girl?”

She answered with a kiss on his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah <3
Comments please, this is my first one shot, so I want to know what you think =)