Misery Business

I never meant to brag!

"I know," I turned to him and shook my head sadly. "I just need time to think everything through, give me awhile. Don't keep asking, I need to think."

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It's... fine..."

"Keegan," he said softly. "You need a ride home?"

"No…I'll walk."

"I- Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I nodded, walking out of his house and closing the door softly.

On the walk home, things started to clear up for me. One was that I should have probably suffered jail time just so I could beat Eli's slutty ass, and the second one was, even though he had sex with my enemy, Jack was innocent.

Wait, Jack was innocent!

I turned abruptly on my heels and began making a mad dash towards his house.

"Jack!" I screamed as I ran towards his house, on the sidewalk a couple yards away. He was walking the opposite way as me, I knew he couldn't hear me but if I ran any faster my lungs would fail and so far they were burning. "Jack Daniels, turn your ass around!"

No answer.

"Jack!"

No answer.

"Jack I love you!"

He turned around.

"You... You what?"

"I love you!"

The smile on his face couldn't have gotten any bigger as he wrapped his arms around me (when I finally got to him) and pulled me tightly against his chest while his face dug into my hair, kissing my head a couple hundred times. "I love you so much."

And that my friends, is my happily ever after.

Misery is no longer my business…