Paranormal Love Affair

One.

“See you tomorrow, Songbird!” my cousin, Sergey called. I smiled and waved at him before I walked into my apartment.

“Home sweet home,” I muttered, I went into the kitchen to look for something to eat and as usual there was nothing. I opened the fridge to find it empty there was a note.

“Sorry loves, I got hungry ^^ - XO Rachel” I read out loud. Great we needed to go to the store maybe Sergey would go for us.

“Rachel!” nothing “Jordan!” again nothing, “Jacklyn!” that one did not surprise me. I was home alone. Whoop de do.

I sighed and scrawled down on the couch. Then a crash in the kitchen caught me off guard, I dashed for my paintball gun and loaded the blood-red balls into it. I cocked it and walked cautiously into the kitchen. There was a plate on the ground but no one was there, I took a breath, I saw movement go back into the living room, it looked like shadow, I steadied myself and walked carefully into the living room area. There she was the lady that had been in my nightmares dressed in a red Victorian dress. I back peddled back into the kitchen. I took shaky breaths, fuck-fuck-fuckity-fuck. She appeared in front of me and opened her mouth and screamed like a banshee, I fell into fetal position feeling the tears of fear pricking at my eyes; I closed them willing her to go away.

“Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come-” I muttered, she screamed again, “Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead-” I stopped for breath, I had started rocking back and forward she screamed again. It was as if hell fire was consuming her she kept screaming I had to get out I needed to leave. “Us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.” I finished my prayer hoping that she was gone, I opened my eyes and found myself alone and crying on my kitchen floor.

I stood up before I heard another scream “Get out!” don’t have to tell me twice I thought. I ran towards my door, I wrenched it open and was about to run out when she touched me I jerked to my left and my door slammed shut.

“Shit!” I took a deep breath she came closer and I stood back up and I ran towards my door again, I opened it and ran out.

I kept running I ran towards the campus, I needed to find my cousin’s group, but I needed to get to the campus first. I entered getting weird looks from everyone. I needed to get to it, the Paranormal Research Society. I pounded on the door, Sergey opened it with a smile on his face, but when he saw me his face turned worried and he held his arms out for me.

“Songbird, what’s wrong?” I collapsed into his arms and sobbed, letting all of my fear wash out. He began to rub circles into my back and rocking me trying to calm me down.

“Come on Songbird tell me,” he murmured.

“Here’s some water,” came an unknown voice.

“Thanks,” Sergey moved a bit and held the cup to my trembling lips, I took a greedy drink. “Now tell me what happened?”

“The lady, she tried to get me Sergey the lady in the dress she-“ I took a breath, I probably looked insane, I sure looked the part crying hysterically wearing red pants, black boots, and a black Misfits shirt.

“What lady?” he asked,

“This lady in a Victorian dress, she was in my house…oh God the house,”

“It’s ok we’ll go with you,” this came from the guy who handed me the water.

“No! I can’t go back there please Sergey don’t make me go back!” my eyes started to shut involuntary my body was shutting down,

“Songbird, why are you going to sleep?” Sergey’s worried voice came to my ears.

“Let her sleep, her body is doing this as a defense mechanism, let’s get her back to her apartment,” Sergey’s hold on me gave way.

“No,” my mumble came out as I tried to open my eyes, “Not there anywhere but there, please I am scared,” I tried to look up. I shifted a bit and tried to open my eyes again, his face appeared in front me. Light brown eyes and a sweet smile.

“Fine, we won’t take you back but when you regain consciousness you are going to take us ok?” his voice rumbled through me.

“Sure, whatever water-boy,” he chuckled and his arms encircled me as he began to lift me, the musky smell of the library with coffee and incense filled me. I nuzzled my head into his neck breathing steadily he chuckled again. He laid me down on the couch, I let sleep have me.