Paranormal Love Affair

Two.

I gasped, sat up and panted; I could feel the cold sweat on me. I took in a sharp breath, and exhaled, calming myself down, I looked around, I was in the Paranormal Research Society's office, I was laying on the black leather couch, a green blanket over my legs, an arm was draped over my waist, I looked to my right to find water boy sleeping, I moved away but his arm held me tighter, I laid back down and a content groan escaped him. I smiled. A sudden array of whisperings made me sit up again, this time waking him up, he looked at me confused and worried.

"What's wrong?" he asked his voice soft.

"Can't you hear it?" I questioned him.

Help me… I shuddered, suddenly the room got cold, Water-boy placed the blanket on my shoulders, and got off the couch.

"Well, that's weird." he muttered, he turned back around an EMF meter in his hand. He began to pace the room, murmuring as he went along. He stopped when he came near me, the meter going crazy. Then the noise stopped.

“Why did it stop?” I asked trying to break the awkward silence. He looked up from the meter and his eyes connected with mine.

“The batteries died.” He said simply, I raised an eyebrow.

“When there is paranormal activity, batteries get drained because of it, meaning that there is a lot of paranormal activity here, primarily around you.” He looked back at the meter, sighing he put it on the coffee table. He came and sat next to me on the couch, our knees slightly touching. He reached for my hand, or at least that’s what it looked like, but as they were going to touch, he leaned back to the couch and put them to his face rubbing his eyes in frustration.

“What’s wrong?” I couldn't’t help but to ask.

“I don’t understand.” He mumbled, he shivered, and I took off the blanket and draped it over him. His lips turned into a small smile, and a soft blush passed over his cheeks. I smiled at his cuteness. He dropped his hands from his face, and looked at me his eyes glazing over slightly, he began to lean in and my breathing hitched, his lips where a soft whisper against mine.

“Hippie!” Jackie’s voice echoed throughout the building, I looked towards the door, then back at Water-Boy, his cheeks were burning red, and he was still really close to my face, maybe if I puckered my lips just ever-so-slightly, the door opened.

“Whoa!” Jacklyn exclaimed; Water-Boy and I jumped apart, “Sorry.” She said trying not to laugh, she wasn’t succeeding.

“Jackie?” a deep voice resounded behind her. Silvanus appeared, his radiant black hair swaying slightly as his arms encircled Jackie’s waist, and her hands instinctively traced the wilting rose on his arm. They smiled contently and he placed a small kiss on her neck. I glanced slightly at Water-Boy, his face was burning red, he gulped and stood up, bowing slightly to me, and muttering a “sorry” before grabbing the meter and walking out of the room. I groaned and covered my face, a blush taking over.

“That was so stupid!” I mumbled, I looked up at Jackie and their perfection and groaned again.

“So who was it?” she asked sitting next to me, Silvanus sat next to her.

“Water-Boy,” I said, immediately realizing that I didn’t know his name.

“And um, his real name is?”

“I don’t know.” I grumbled, sitting upright.

“Damn, Jessie you are turning into a whore, I mean you were bad in high school but now here in college-“

“Shove it Sil,” I tried to glare at him, or attempted it, but his almond shaped eyes twinkled, and his lips turned into a smile.

“You stupid adorable Asian-kid!” I stood up.

“Sorry, Jessie, I just wanted to know where you went, and why the door was open.” Jackie said sounding sincere. I sighed and told her what happened. By the time I was finished, her mouth was slightly agape, and Silvanus was pale.

“You mean that wasn’t a nightmare?” his deep voice went up a few octaves in fear.

“Nightmare?” I asked and sat back down. Silvanus gulped.

“Yes, the Lady in Red isn’t a nightmare?!” panic laced his voice.

“I thought she was too, well that was until she appeared.” I said quietly, “Jacklyn have you seen her?”

“Yes I have, but I thought it was in a drunken hallucination, mixing a nightmare in my reality.”

“Like how long ago?” I asked, both them exchanged a look.

“A month ago.” Came from Jackie.

“A week.” Silvanus was really pale. I was starting to worry about him.

“Where?”

“The house,” they said in unison.

“Do you know what time?” our heads snapped back, there was a chick standing there, I smiled at her, I had watched her walking with Sergey.

“Around three in the morning.” She nodded.

“Elfie?” came Water-boy’s sweet voice.

“In here!”

“Oh duh, Elf.” He stopped and stared at me, “we have to discuss, Songbird’s case,” he
finished awkward, Elf nodded, “Oh and Songbird, your sister is looking for you, and we
mustn’t keep a Poberezhny waiting, shall we?” a slight southern drawl affected his speech.

“Спасибо.” I bowed and walked out, Jackie and Sil followed.

“Nothing-“

“You have a hot Asian so shut up Jack!” she laughed and I stopped dead in my tracks.

Come to me child… the soft whisper made a sudden heat erupt, and I fell to my knees, my throat closing, and my body convulsing. I could hear everyone’s screams, but I couldn’t make them out. All I could hear was the rabid whisperings in a language that was way too old for me to understand. I felt someone’s hands grasp my head.

“Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.” His voice bathed me, and I think a scream left me, then all the heat rushed out, leaving me a heap of flesh and sweat on the cold hall floor, I panted, and whispered something in a tongue I didn’t know I spoke. I felt the ground disappear and I began to bounce with his steps. Water-Boy’s smell would forever be confused with lust at first sight, and my savior.

----

"Well?" Water-Boy's angelic voice filtered into my head.

"It was a possession attempt." there was an older woman's voice. I felt this burning weight on my chest, and I began to reach for it to rip it off but a wrinkly hand grabbed my arm.

"It's OK, we are here to help the demon won't get you." she spoke.

The burning got worse, and I painfully convulsed again. I reached for someones hand, and Water-Boy's hand gripped me, and I looked into his eyes, they were full of determination and worry.

"Don't worry Songbird I'll protect you." his voice was so soft I almost didn't catch it.

"I don't want protection, I want salvation!" I screamed.

"Then I'll save you." I couldn't tell if he told me, or if I imagined it.