Paranormal Love Affair

Three.

I opened my eyes; I could feel the heat of someone else’s body next to mine. I groaned and sat up.

“Are you up now, Songbird?” I looked to the person sitting in front of me, Sergey had his camera in his hand and he clicked the button, the flash took me by surprise. The body next to me stirred. I looked at him panicked,

“you know, for you two not knowing each other, you’ve slept together more than once…” Sergey said a smile on his face, he motioned me to lie back down and I cocked an eyebrow, he lifted his camera and I sighed lying down, I glanced at the body next to mine. It was Water-Boy, another flash made me glare at Sergey.

“I think you are enjoying your best friend all over me a little bit too much…” I said, and he laughed, soon the arm at my waist jerked away and Water-boy sat up.

“Sorry, I got a bit too comfortable, how do you feel?” he asked. I smiled and he yawned happily.

“I feel good Water-Boy.” He laughed.

“Do you even know my name?” he asked.

“Yes. It’s Water-Boy.” I said with a straight face.

“My name is Ryan, Ryan Buell.” He said laughing again.

“Right…Water-Boy,” I said cracking a smile, “Do you know my real name? No helping him Serg.” Ryan dropped his head.

“Songbird.” He responded in the same cocky tone I had said it. I nodded before I stood up.

“Serg, I’m hungry…” I smiled and looked straight at Sergey he sighed and took my hand and let me out of the room. “Bye Water-Boy!” I called over my shoulder.

-----

We bowed at the chef and walked out of the small Japanese sushi bar, I smiled contently at Sergey. He rolled his eyes and started to talk about his new camera he was going to get, I laughed at his excitement. Something pulsed and I stopped looking at him. He stopped and a worried expression filled his face.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I felt something...but...it's like...it can't come...I can't explain it...." I said speaking as I was making sense of it in my own head. Sergey just smiled and started reaching for my neck, his finger wound around a silver necklace.

"He gave you his sacred medal..." he said, I looked at there was St. Michael the Archangel medal.

"He?"

"Ryan, he gave you his medal," he said smiling before he let it fall on my chest again. It took a few minutes to click that we were going to my house.

"Sergey, I'm not going over there..." I said stopping in my tracks. He looked at me and nodded and began to lead me else where.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a few moments.

"My house." he said a smile on his face, this was the first time I would be going to his house, usually he would go to mine. I nodded before I realized I was still in yesterday's clothes, and I hadn't been to class, thats when I noticed the whispers.

"She went to the PRS office crying...then she came out and started screaming....Ryan took her in.....now look at her.....she's wearing yesterdays clothing."

This is just like high school!

I sighed pushing the hair out my eyes. Sergey looked at me, shaking his head at me.

"I can't believe you are letting this get to you, a Jersey girl like you." he said mocking, I glared at him, "Jordan left clothes over at my house." I perked up when I heard this.

"Really what she take?" I said twirling, my red pants catching light.

"Um...a...Muse shirt, and purple pants..."he said. I giggled, he gave me a confused look.

"She likes dressing me like a scene kid...you'd think I would be dressing her..." I said laughing remembering how she a bit more mature than me in some situations.

We walked into the living room, a dog ran over pouncing on me, I feel on my ass, he began to lick my face. Sergey laughed and the dog ran over to him, he began to baby talk him, and messed with his ears.

"Who is he?"

"He's Xander," he said petting the dog affectionately, "He's Ryan's dog, and I help take care of him." he said letting the dog run around the apartment. I smiled and sat down on couch. He muttered about getting my clothes and left to another room. I started looking around, there was a lot of pictures on the wall, and upon inspection. The pictures were of me and my sister, parents, and grandparents, of our home in Jersey, and his home in New York. There was a picture of Sergey, Jordan, and me and our nicknames. Shutter, Dip-Shit, and Songbird. I giggled.

"Xander!" I heard Water-Boy yelled, turned around and stared at me for a few seconds before moving to put his keys on the coffee table he smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"Here is your clothes." he said getting them from behind the couch. Just then Sergey came in complaining that he couldn't find them, that he would never tell Jordan to just put them where ever. He looked at the clothes in Water-Boy's hand and sighed. I grabbed them, and Sergey let me into the bathroom, I shook my head and shut the door and began to change.

I came out to Sergey gone, and Ryan no where to be seen, I stood there awkwardly, before I head towards the door. I opened it quietly, and shut it, and began to walk to my apartment. I sighed, there is nothing to be scared of... I opened the door, it was Thursday, Rachel, Jackie were working at the book store, and Jordan was working at the Record shop, I currently had no job. Seeing as I quit Sonic because the boss was a jerk, I cursed under my breath, I need better patience. I laid down and closed my eyes.

"Help me..." I screamed. I don't know how long I screamed or how long Rachel and Water-Boy hovered over me, but I eventually stopped.

"What happened to her?" Water-Boy asked concerned.

"She saw something, a spirit or something paranormal related, she is sensitive, they are obviously trying to use her as a portal to back to this earth, that kind sucks for her, not all spirits are good..." Rachel said a completely straight faced. Water-Boy gave her a 'WTF?!' look, "Or she had a nightmare...." Water-boy shook his head. I started to calm down, and thats when I noticed the burning on my chest.

"Why does it burn?!" I asked, moving to move the medal away from me.

"Well-" Water-Boy started.

"Demon possession...or an evil spirit." Rachel said again, Water-Boy's eyes widened, "Or you are allergic?" Rachel smiled, Water-Boy looked at her confused.

I sighed and sat up. "Frankie!" I shouted, and the shuffling of paws came into hearing range. He was hiding again, I felt bad for him, things in this house always scared him, that's why we got him out as much as possible, he ran up, his big head landing on the couch by my tummy trying to make room for himself. I giggled at him, and moved. Rachel smiled and said something about homework, and Water-Boy said he had to go research the case more, and that they would be back for dead-time, I yawned and closed my eyes again.