Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

Wait for a hospital stay

After Gerard got done. There jaw dropped and Frank jumped up on the coffee table (like tom cruis on the couch that one oprah show…hes a prick…anyways) and yelled:

“I LOVE IT!!!!”

“Frank!” Bob said pulling him down from the coffee table from his belt. Then he whispered. “Not right now.”

Frank looked at Bob with a ‘What you talking about?’ look. All Bob did was eye Gerard sitting on the couch eyes full of fear, sadness, loss, and no hope that things will get better. Then Gerard got up.

“Hey where you going Gee?” Ray asked turning his head.

“Bathroom.” Gerard went into the bathroom and locked the door behind him and began to cry. He opened up the medicine cabinet. He serched for what he was looking for. Sleeping pills.

“I’ll finally be with you again.” Then he noticed something he hasent seen in what seemed like forever. It was wrapped in a towel and placed behind everything. He reached for it and took it out. He studied the steel stained with crimson. “I promised you I would never do that to myself again, and Im going to keep that promise.” He said throwing it in the near by garbage can. Then there was a knock on the door.

“Gerard. Are you okay?” Frank asked.

“Oh yeh,” He said putting the pills away.

“Well hurry up I really need to go.” He wined as Gerard opened the door putting on the best fake smile he could. “THANK YOU!!!!” Frank said running past him. “Oh and can you shut the door?”

“Yes sir…and anyways I was going to because…”

“Because why?”

“Because I don’t think anyone wants to see you taking a piss.”

“Fuck you.”

“Id rather not…but thanks for thinking of me.” Gerard smiled as he shut the door. Then sighed and joined the rest of the group.

It was around 9:30 at night when all but Mikey left. He wanted to make sure that his brother didn’t do anything to harm himself, like he did after there grandma Elena died.

“Mikey, you should get home before the snow becomes heavyer.”

“But I don’t want to leave you alone. Not now.”

“You need to spend time with Alicia, because you never know when she can be taken away from you.”

“Gerard.” Mikey sighed.

“No, go. I’ll be fine. Really.” Gerard said getting up to get his brothers jacket. “Now go.”

“Fine,” Mikey said putting on his jacket and shoes. “But if you need anything, im just a phone call away.”

“I know.” He said giving his brother a hug as he walked out of the house and into his car. Gerard didn’t go back inside untill he was sure that Mikey didn’t turn around. Gerard went into the bathroom and pulled back out the bottel of pills, then went into the kitchen and got a glass of water and made his way upstares into his room. He sat down on his bed and opened up the bottel with his shaking hands and said:

“From the earth to the morgue.”

Then he popped them into his mouth and swallowed. By the time he was ready almost the whole bottle was gone. Gerard layed back down on his bed welcoming the last few breathes he would ever take as he said. “I’ll be with you soon.” and fell asleep hoping never to wake up again.

While driving back to his house Mikey had a bad feeling that something was wrong. The first thing he did was call Alicia.

“Hello?”

“Are you okay? Is everything alright?” Mikey said pulling the car over.

“Yeh baby, everythings fine.”

“Okay because I have this feeling that somethings wrong.”

“No everythings fine, hows Gerard.”

Just then Mikey realized that it was probably his brother who was in trouble. “Im going back to Gerards. Don’t wait up.”

“Okay, be safe.”

“I will. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye.” Mikey called Gerards house. All there he hurd was the ring tone. “Damn it!” Mikey yelled turning the car around back to his brothers house. “Come on Gerard. Be strong, damn it.” By the time he got there the porch lite was on like normal but something didn’t seem right. Gerard lights in the house was off.

“He never goes to bed this early.” Mikey said to himself as he made his way up to the back door. “Gerard.” There was no answer. Then he remembered the key hidden underneath the welcome mat. He bent down and brushed the snow off, then lifted up the mat to find the key laying there. Mikey unlocked the door and made his way yelling his brothers name. He looked in every room hoping he was there and no sign of him. He made his way upstares checking every room then he came to the room he dreaded. Gerards bed room.

Mikey knocked on the door. “Gerard.” There was no answer.

“Gerard, open up its Mikey.” but still no answer.

Mikey looked around franticly for something to open the door with but he couldn’t find anything. Then Mikey gathered up all his streanth and burst threw the door. Only to realize it was unlocked in the first place. Then in the dark he saw the figure of a sleeping Gerard. Mikey turned on the lights only to see the sight of an empty bottle of pills. He ran over to his brothers body.

“Gerard!” Mikey said crying as he checked for a pulse. It was there but very faint. “Come on Gerard. Please don’t go. We all need you.” he reached over to the phone across from his brothers body.

“Belleville hospital.”

“ I need a ambulace to 456 West Hill street.”

“And whats your emergency?”

“My brother just lost his wife and child less then a week apart and now he tried to commit suicide.”

“May I ask how?”

“JUST GET A FUCKING AMBULACE OVER HERE NOW!!!” Mikey yelled over his tears.

“I’ll be there shortly.” Then he hung up. “Gerard, please stay with me.”

Then Mikey called up the rest of the gang and Alicia to tell her that he wouldn’t be home tonight. Just as the ambulance got there so did Ray, Frank, and Bob. After the paramedics got Gerard stabilized the ambulance sped off to the hospital. Everyone jumped in Franks truck and made there way to the hospital.

To there surprise, they made it there before the ambulance. And they left 10 minutes after. Finally the ambulance came. Mikey ran up to them as they rolled Gerard out. His skin paler then before. Mikey stopped in terror as they wheeled his brother in the emergency room. All those needles in him.

“Its all my fault.” Mikey whispered sitting back down on the chair closest to the corner as all his bandmates joined him.

“Mikey.” Ray said putting a hand on his back. “There is nothing that you could have done.”

“I could have been stubborn…I should have stayed.”

“Mikey, I-” Frank began to say but got cut off.

“None of you know what its like to see your brother get drunk, high, be depressed as hell. None of you grew up with him. None of you watched it happen.” Tears began to roll down his cheek. Just then a familiar figure came through the doors. And ran up to him.

“Mikey? Calm down.” Alicia said kneeling down in front of him. Then looked around. “Hey, wheres Gerard?”

“That’s why were here.” Frank said.

“What? Whats wrong with him.”

“Attempted suicide.” Bob bluntly said wiping a tear from his cheek.

She looked back at Mikey. Then Mikey slid off the chair and into his girlfriends arms. For the rest of the night everyone stayed there. Somehow they all managed to sleep on one hospital couch. Mikey on one end. Frank and Bob in the middle, and Ray at the end. While Alicia slept on Mikeys lap. It wasent the most confertable thing in the world but for the members of MCR they needed to stay together. Mikey was the first one to get up. He picked up Alicia and put her in his spot as he went to get them all coffee. When he got back the doctor just got out of the room.

“Are you Michel Way?’

“Yeh,” His face turned ghost white.

“I need you to come with me.”

“W-w-w hats wrong? Did something happen?”

“Just come with me.”

Mikey merely nodded as he dropped off the coffee and followed the doctor into a single white room. Where Gerard laid covered in IV’s and needles.

“How is he?” Mikey asked looking at his brother.

“Stable. We got it all out but with the amount he took he’s lucky to be doing this good.”

“Will he be fine?”

“Maybe after a couple of days. But we cant be fully sure yet.”

“What will happen if he dosent get better in a couple of days?”

“Most likely he’ll be in a vegetative state and on life support.”