Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

Savour of the broken, the beaten, and the damned

Three days later, and still no new sign of Gerard getting better or worse. He just laid there, his face finally at peace after days of crying. Then in one moment everything stopped. The heart monitor ran flat line as the doctors rushed in to revive him. In that one moment he Gerard thought he was free. He found him self in a place of green fields, a waterfall, and the sky not to dark but not sunny eather. He looked around and found her sitting under a tree. Amy just eyed him and stood up. She walked over to him and put her hand on his cheek. Then she grabbed his hand and ran him over to a little pool.

“Where am I?” He said looking at her still walking.

“Just look.” She said pointing to the puddel. What he saw astonished him. All of MCR crying and his fans knowing whats going on.

“Its not your time yet.” She said grabbing his hand.

“I just wanted to be with you and Bella again.”

“Bella’s not here.”

“What do you meen?”

“She was to young so she was placed somewhere else.” she said putting his hand over the pool of water. “You need to go back.”

“I don’t want to. I wanna be here with you.”

“You will when the times right.”

“Bu-” He got cut off by her singing.

“Don’t stop if I fall, and don’t look back. Don’t stop bury me, and fade to black.” Was all she said as she made his hand touch the water. The next thing he saw was all these doctors around him. They packed everything up and walked out exept for one. She stayed to make sure that he was fine with his brain waves, and what not. Just then his Family (Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray) came into the room.

“We thought we lost you.” Mikey said running up to his brother.

“You almost did but someone saved me.”

Everyone looked at each other. “Who?” Bob said pulling up a chair.

“Amy.” Gerard said as everyone looked at him with dismay at what he just said.

“Wait…” Frank said. “How can Amy help you. She’s like…dead.”

“Physically. But really guys, I’m telling the truth! She was there…she’s what brought me back.”

They still didn’t believe him until Ray spoke up. “Actually, there has been some cases. When someone dies and they resituate that person, like our good friend Gerard. They have said that a family member or a friend helped them.”

Gerard just rolled his eyes and sighed. “Thank you Ray.”

“Okay…so…where did you go. Heaven or Hell?” Frank asked as bob slapped him across the head.

“Neither.” Gerard said bluntly.

“What?” Frank said in astonishment.

“Earth is both heaven and hell. But where I went wasn’t heaven. It was more peaceful. It had a waterfall, the greenest grass you’ve ever seen, the sky not dark, but yet not sunny. God it was so perfect.”

They all eyed there friend like he was a crazy person in there once somewhat sane friends body. “Im not lying!” He exclaimed flaying his arms in the air. ‘I swear, I’m telling the truth!”

Finally Mikey spoke up. “I believe you.”

“You’re his brother you have to believe him.” Bob said itching his face.

“No. When our grandma passed away, I had this dream that she visited me. Then when I woke up I was in the same position I was in my sleep.”

“I had the same dream. Except it was with Amy.”

“I think your all going insane.” Frank said as Bob once again hit him.

“Damn it Bob! I’m telling the truth.”

“Or maybe its happened to you and your just to scared to emit it.” Ray said as a nurse came in. She had ocean blue eyes, and long dark brown hair.

“So how are you Mr. Way?” She asked pushing a stray hair put of her face.

“Insane.” Frank whispered under his breath. Only Ray herd that. Then Ray gave him a death glance and mouthed:

“Shut up you tard.”

“Mature Ray, very mature.”

“Yeh…I know.”

So as the nurse did her normal checkup stuff everyone the room on Gerard’s orders to get something to eat. She checked his pulse, blood pressure, his vitals, and is brain waves. She knew he was in My Chemical Romance but she didn’t say anything because she knew what the cost of fame had on someone. So she treated him like a normal person. But she just wanted to say one thing.

“Thank you.”

“For what? I didn’t do anything to be thanked for.” Gerard said looking at her with questioning.

“For saving my life.”

“Your welcome.”

“You and the rest of MCR saved my life with the lyrics, and knowing the struggle which you guy’s had to go threw to get where you are today. That gave me hope for the future.”

“Thanks. But I bet you didn’t expect the lead singer ending up here.”

“Believe me I share the same pain. But I don’t think you would care to hear about it.”

“Actually, yes.” Gerard said sitting up in his bed. “I should have done that last night. Maybe then I might not have ended up here.”

“About a month ago my boyfriend died due to cancer. And I haven’t been able to cope the right way.”
“Im so sorry to hear that.” He said with true concern in his voice.

“Since then I havent been myself. I’ve been quiet, stayed home, been depressed. The children here who I help notice the difference. They always ask. “Carena why are you so sad? Carena why don’t you smile? Carena why don’t you laugh or play anymore?” I try not to let it effect the kids, but it just comes out.”

“I know what you mean.” Just then an old friend came bursting threw the door. “Lidia?”

“Oh my god. Gerard!” She said running up giving him a huge hug. “I just found out. Im sorry I couldn’t have made it to the funeral.”

“Its okay, it was really sad.” He said hugging her back.

“How’s Bella?”

“She’s,” he began to say. “With Amy.”

“Oh my god. Im so sorry.” She said beginning to cry.

“Thanks, but it was suppost to play out this way.”

“What do you mean?” She said sitting down.

“Its all apart of the master plan.”

“Your making no scene at all Gerard.”

“Just trust me,”

“Ummm…okay?” She laughed. Just then Gerard felt a cold breeze and pressure on his cheek. Then someone whispered.

“Carena.”

Gerards head shot to where Carena was standing doing the paperwork. “Did anyone hear that?”

“Hear what?” Lidia asked.

“Oh nothing.” Gerard said smiling knowing who it was that said it.