Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

My way home is through you

Gerard woke up panting right after the dream.

"Why couldent I save you? Why coudent I keep you safe? Why couldent I do all those things I promises you I would do? I am a falier as a husband." Gerard said out loud.

"No your not." A voice famiar replyed.

"Ye-" He looked over to find his wife sitting there next to him in a beautiful white gown which he has never seen before. "I-I-I thought you were dead." He said in shock hugging her solid figure.

"I was...well am. Its just that im allowed to I guess become "human" again to visit the ones I love for one night. And that Bella Marie is only a baby and wont remember me comming. I came here to visit you."

"How long can you stay?" He said holding on to her afraid if he let go she would drift away.

"Untill daybreak."

"Which is when?"

"A good 8-9 hours."

"But I still dont understand."

"There is nothing to understand." She said as he kissed her.

"Will I remember it in the morning?"

"Yes and no." He gave her a look of confusion like a 5 year old would give to a mother. She laughed. "Yes you will remember it but only as a dream. Which in time you may forget."

"But I dont want to forget tonight ever. God I miss you so much."

"And I miss you to. But dont blame yourself."

"But I could have saved you."

"Gerard, you know as well as I do that our futures are planned out for us. So it was destaned that I would...well...die."

"But why you? Why couldent be someone else."

"I dont know but its really okay. And your grandma says Hi. You know she is so sweet."

"I know but did she visit me like you are right now?"

"Yes but like I said...you thought of it as a dream. And you eventually forgot."

"Is there a way for me not to forget?"

"Im afraid not."