Status: Active

Annabel Lee

I Like You, Holey Shoes And All

Annabelle's Point of View

Lily brushed out her skirt and pulled out her wand. I wondered what point she would try to prove with this.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea. Go ahead," Professor Lebons grinned as he clasped his hands together. We pulled out wands, set them at our sides, and bowed towards each other. Then we walked to the opposed sides of the runway before pulling out our wands once more.

We both knew it was more than a match, there was something riding on it.

"Wands at the ready? 1… 2… 3!" Lily's wand waved itself at me.

"Expelliarmus!" she said taking a step forward. The usual red spell blasted itself from her wand tip, zapping its way to me.

Protego! I shouted in my mind and with my wrist moving to the right, Lily's spell was deflected.

By this time a loud cheering had filled the classroom: every Gryffindor but Potter (who was saying something about if she won would she go on a date with him) was cheering for Lily to beat me. Slytherin were cheering for me, only saying I couldn't lose to someone like her. We all knew what that meant: a mudblood. She wouldn't give up though.

"Annabelle, if I win I get to tell them," she said. I couldn't believe her! She didn't have the right. I took a deep breath and flicked my wand at her.

Stupefy! I was going for the jugular now, it was awful, but I had such a harsh feeling towards this girl. It was shameful. Luckily she used the shield charm like I had before and sent a Jelly-Legs Jinx at me that caused my legs to wobble to the floor, rendering them useless. I tugged at them and Lily walked up to my fallen form slowly as the cheering got louder and louder. She had this smug little grin on her face, like she had just aced another exam. She thought she was going to win.

I smiled lightly and used a tripping spell, making her feet slip from under her before she could plant it onto the floor. A big 'ohhh' came from the crowd as her wand flew away from her.

Accio Wand! I used my left hand to catch Lily's wand: a Willow, 10 1/4", swishy. My Slytherin cheered and I dragged myself to the ledge. A bell signaled the end of the class.

"Have a good time at the match, oh Mister Snape would you please undo that spell on Mister Black?" Severus smirked and undid his Langlock jinx. Severus and Regulus came up to me and helped me stand up, which quickly caused my legs to give out.

"Nice job beating the mudblood, Annabelle," Regulus snickered pulling out his wand and giving me the counter-jinx. I mouthed a thank you and rubbed my knees slightly. "Yeah you might be a little weak in the knees for a while. I have to get going for the game, see you there," he said rubbing the back of his head.

Students filed out and Severus helped me stand up again by pulling on my elbow. After hesitating for a second he put his arm around my shoulder and held my elbow with his other hand. We both blushed and he helped me hobble my way through the hallway.

"You need to get dressed right?"

"Hm?!" I chocked turning his way and he turned red.

"N-not like that, I mean, for the game, are you going to change?" I blushed heavily realizing I had misinterpreted what he said. I nodded and he walked me to the common room. I stumbled along until I entered my room.

Severus’s Point of View

The only things that didn't fit were my shoes. Looking at myself in the mirror they stuck out like a dwarf among giants. My coat and shirt that Lucius got me were much nicer than my usual ones, and my scuffed up and slightly torn shoes were making it obvious that my new clothes had been a gift. My pants were nice; pants never were an issue though.

I shrugged it off, shuffling my way down to the common room. I pulled my coat on to keep me warm in the dark room with the fireplace not being on. Within a matter of seconds of me arriving, Annabelle tiptoed her way in the door, standing next to me without me even noticing. She sported the dress Narcissa had bought her, with an added loose, brown/gray cardigan. She had her blonde hair was curled slightly so it just bounced on her shoulders.

I found myself promptly turning red.

"Let's go." Her mouth formed the words but no sound came. When we got to the stand and sat down the game was about to begin. Most the people were seated and waiting anxiously for the teams to come out.

"Hey guys, Annabelle you look so cute!" Narcissa gushed hugging her. I stood back and settled myself between Annabelle and a tall boy next to me. While she hugged Narcissa her back was facing me. I watched Narcissa wrap her arms around her back and saw her backbone trying to probe itself from her cardigan. I cringed but when she stood back next to me I let it go, for now.

"You look nice too, Snape," she complimented and I shrugged my shoulders. Annabelle came back over next to me and smiled cupping her hands at my ear.

"Can you tell me about that spell you used on Black once more, please?" she whispered. I looked down at her, a little proud, and nodded turning back to the field.

"Well you just say Langlock, and go like this with your wand," I paused and took out my wand. I flicked it in a particular way, and then put it back. "As long as you don't flourish it too much, it glues the person's tongue to the roof of their mouth." It was confidence building to talk about me making my own spells.

"Wow," she breathed and looked down at her shoes. She knew no one else could hear her, so she talked all she wanted to. But then Annabelle didn't lift her head, so I got insecure because she must have been staring at my shoes. I blushed lightly and turned my head sharply away from her.

"Don't worry," her voice sang and I looked back at her, her gray eyes just shining. She pointed down to the floor. Her shoes were a pair of hole-covered stockings and graying, ripped white flats. "I like you, holey shoes and all," she hummed and leaned back so she could give me a warm smile. I felt my body stiffen and I turned a small pink, just like she did.

"Thanks," I mumbled rubbing my burning neck and glanced at her from the corner of my eye. She smiled brightly and scooted over closer next to me. I let myself slip and smiled gratefully at her. Just then the Quaffle was thrown up into the air and the game began.

I couldn't focus on the game, even though it was the deciding who goes to the game that plays for the Quidditch Cup. I was still going over what she said about liking me. Why did she have to be so confusing: did she like me, or did she like me?

Damn it, I shouldn't care this much!

"And another 10 points to Slytherin!" The pandemonium behind me knocked me out of my state. Now distracting myself with the game, I caught myself up on what was happening. The score was 30-50 Slytherin; Black (a chaser) was flying his way up the pitch with the Quaffle. I could just see Regulus flying about, much higher than the rest of the players, trying to catch the Snitch. Potter was right next to him, a mid-flight brawl was going on between them as they tried viciously to knock one another off their brooms. I lowered my gaze to see Mary MacDonald, a dark haired girl with a square jaw, get tossed the Quaffle and threw it menacingly into the highest goal. "MacDonald earns Gryffindore ten points! One more goal from Slytherin and it will be tied! Potter and Regulus Black are still searching for that Snitch!"

"Come on Lucius! You got it!" Narcissa shouted with her gloved hands cupped around her mouth to make her voice louder. Annabelle, trying to follow Narcissa in cheering, clapped the best she could with her weakness. I smirked. I really did want Slytherin to wipe the floor with Gryffindor this year, after the terrible loss last year. Lucius had be gone taking it down the pitch when a bludger came right at him and he had to duck, causing an opening for Andrew Robins to take the Quaffle and score again.

"And it's all tied up! Gryffindor might just win this yet!" Everyone was stiff with anxiety. Annabelle was smiling in excitement, gripping the ice cold rail. Everything was just melting from the winter snow, but it was still chilly outside.

People with weight issues have low body heat, don't they?

I shifted my weight to see her shivering, her lips gradually turning a purple color. I stared long enough for her to see my gaze and make her return it. Her discolored lips formed a smile. I snorted and took off my coat annoyed.

"Learn to take care of yourself," I snapped at her and held it out to her. She stared at it with her mouth open. I was turning pink, would she just take the jacket already? Like she read my mind, she gratefully took it and slipped it on gracefully over her shoulders.

"Potter's spotted the Snitch and is on its tail! Black is right behind him. This will end the game if one of them catches it!"

"Come on Black!" same the tall boy next to me and everyone was cheering again. Potter, being the cocky prat he was waved behind him at Regulus as he got closer to the Snitch. Regulus was quick though and caught up next to him. I ringed my coat sleeve as they ducked and doze to catch the Snitch.

I felt a cold hand wrap itself around my wrist. Annabelle was holding onto it carefully because, due to me rubbing my wrist, a vibrant red mark had appeared on my pale skin. Her hand slid its way to my hand and held it to make sure it wouldn't move. She blushed and I noticed she was not shaking from the cold anymore.

"Black gets the Snitch! Slytherin wins and gets to go to the championship!" We both looked up to see everyone cheering and smiling. Regulus was flying around boastfully with the Snitch in hand. I clapped with everyone, Annabelle let go of my hand so I could. She smiled at me and giggled holding the coat closely; I smirked knowing she was likely happy I had lent it to her.

We filed out of our places to find Regulus and Lucius after the game. They and the rest of the Slytherin team met on the field.

"You did so well!" Narcissa squealed running up and hugging Lucius, who was smiling proudly to himself. He thanked her by necking her as soon as possible. I took Annabelle's shoulder and turned her to the left.

Annabelle's Point of View

I was blushing about fifty shades of red when Severus did me the favor of turning me away from them.

"Hey team, we're going to take a picture, alright? So Lucius stop snogging your girlfriend for about 5 seconds and get your ass over here," Regulus laughed and Lucius slapped him upside the head laughing when he got to the team. The team posed together while they gave Narcissa a camera to snap the picture.

While they took several pictures of regular poses, funny faces, and rude gestures, I squirmed uncomfortable fanning myself. It had all of a sudden gotten a lot warmer.

Coincidentally, I had been very affectionate with Severus today.

"Um…" I tapped Severus on the shoulder. He was currently rolling his sleeves up to his elbows. His head rolled my way and I gulped slipping off his comfy yet oversized jacket (for me anyways). I held it out to him and smiled gnawing my lips gently. I mouthed 'thank you' and he grinned awkwardly taking it back.

"Lucius, can we take a picture together?" Narcissa pouted swinging the camera around attempting to be cute, which she completely succeeded in. Lucius chuckled placing his arms around her waist.

"Of course, would you mind having them in it too?" He motioned to his Severus, me, and Regulus, who had come up after the team disbanded. She jumped in excitement rushing over to me and pulling my hand. She brought out her wand and cast a levitating spell on the camera. The boys followed and got in a sort of arrangement.

Narcissa stood next to Lucius, Lucius had an arm wrapped around her waist. Each looked sickeningly infatuated with each other. Regulus shifted beside Lucius and Severus and grinned cheerfully putting a hand on both his friends' shoulders. I stood anxiously straightening out Narcissa's gorgeous dress. Severus seemed quite uncomfortable too, folding his coat over his left arm.

I felt his hand silently make a grasp at my hand. I jumped and drew back frighten. The sorrow that washed over his face, if only for the brief seconds he faltered, made me despise my problem with touching. I looked down at my shoes, much like Severus was doing, and slithered my hand up from my side to his hand. He was unexpectedly calm with it.

And he cast me a glance that made me flush.

I smiled just in time to beat the camera flash. Narcissa giggled and waved her wand to make the camera fall into her hand. A picture flew and flipped out of the camera slide and Narcissa held it in between her delicate fingers. She grinned impishly and I blushed, but didn't remove my hand from Severus’s. Severus didn't really have an expression for a while, but then let of my hand and walked over to get the picture.

"Only one? Narcissa make more copies you airhead," Regulus said trying to snatch the picture from her hand. She huffed and poured a mound of pictures onto him. "OW! HEY STOP THEY'RE GIVING ME PAPER CUTS!"

"You should have thought of that before calling me an airhead, you prat!" she yelled, but with a smile on her face. I giggled and took one from her warily (just in case I would get a paper cut too). The sun had made its way down to about sunset; I hugged my cardigan letting my somewhat curled hair fall at my neck.

I gawked at the picture, Severus and I had been caught in the act on film. The pictured was, as usual, jinxed so that it showed about five or six seconds of action preceding and succeeding the flash. When I lifted my eyes from the pale curtain that was my tresses, I could see Severus staring at his photo with a face redden with humiliation.

"Come on guys, we're having a party in the common room!" Regulus boomed. The rest of the Quidditch team had captured up Regulus, Narcissa, and Lucius. Severus and I had staid back in awe of the picture.

I coughed twice into my hand and his deep brown forced their way to my odd ones. I gave a weird smile and pointed to the group that had distanced themselves from us about 3 meters. He lifted his head clueless to most things around him and shock knocked itself into him. He then stiffly looked back down at me again.

"You could have just gone," he mumbled taking quick steps towards the group and away from me. Smiling sweetly I skipped and caught up with him. He was just embarrassed, like me.

"That wouldn't be right of me," I said in my soft voice that matched my smile. He pushed his head down quickly making his steps just a little faster. I remembered what I let slip earlier to Severus.

I like you holey shoes and all.

Why'd I go and say that?! I thought suddenly pulling on my hair in front of my face. Severus gave me a 'huh' and a look, so I giggled and waved my hands around animatedly while my face still burned scarlet. He nearly smiled and went on with walking. Now that I thought about it:

Severus didn't look disgusted when I said it though. In fact, I think he blushed. Hopefully he took it as a misunderstanding, and if not that, a gesture of friendship instead of my utter devotion.

"Annabelle?"

"Yes?" I asked quickly, my voice sharp and surprised. He was still looking at the ground and riddled his hands with his jacket.

"Just, I like you too." I blushed turning my head to him. She looked uncomfortable with saying what he did. "You don't talk and when you do a lot of its weird, but uh, yeah. Thanks for being around me." My heart fluttered and stopped. I stood still, no longer walking. My body grew numb and my stomach suddenly felt like someone was stabbing and twisting a knife in me. "Are you uh, ok?" Everything went black for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Notes:

I will update soon! Message and comment!