Unstoppable

We Meet Again

"Come on! Just do it. Don't be a scary cat," Karim shouts from below. It's not that I'm a scary cat I just don't want to die.

I'm too young to die.

Karim is trying to make jump from a cliff down to the lake. I told her that I would do it, but that was when I had my confidence, that confidence is gone now and I'm thinking it twice. I can just back out, but I know that she will be teasing me about it all the time. Plus. I don't want to be scary cat. I want to do reckless things so that when I'm old I can have some memories to share.

To hell with this.

I gather all my courage, gulp air and jump off the cliff. As I'm going down I feel butterflies in my stomach and my face being pulled back. I feel the water splashing all over as I dive into the water and I resurface three seconds later gasping for air. My hair sticks to forehead and I pulled back rubbing my eyes in the process to see better. When I do I see Karim staring at me with wide eyes, "What?" I ask looking behind me.

"Nothing. I just though you wouldn't do it," she grins.

I grin back. "Yeah, well I knew you would be pestering me if I didn't do it.," I stop, but then add, " and I've decided that I'm going to be a new Tessa this year." I don't even know why I said that, but I stick to it. After all it's for a good cause.

"Oh yeah? How so?" Karim asks curious as we swim back to the shore.

"I just made the decision five seconds ago, but I've decided that I don't want to be shy any more. In fact, I want to be outgoing and daresome. Like you," I smile at her and grab my towel to dry myself.

"For real? Oh my God. This is awesome," she claps her hands like a little kid that just got a new toy.

A I wrap my towel around my wet body I say, "I just thought of it, but I think you're right. I need to live a little, not just stay on my room reading books all day and not enjoy my teenage years. I've decided that I want to do fun things, go out to party, get drunk, and all so that when I'm old I can have memories to share with my grandchildren."

"Oh, my. This is good and I'm not about to say anything that will make you want to change your mind. So how about if tonight we go to the Matthew's party?" she ask giddly and we start walking back to my car.I gulp. I didn't mean it this fast. "Come on Tessa. If you want to be 'new' this is a great wait to start. It's the last party before school starts. You can make an impression that will show people that you're different this year. That you won't be shy anymore. And then senior year will flow easily."

I gulp again. She's right. If I want to change I might as well start now. Monday we get back to school, so it would be a good idea if I went to Matthew's party. Get used to t for when the school starts. What was I thinking when I said that. I thought 'it's easier said than done.'

I still haven't responded when we reach my car and I unlock it. When we get in and I turn on the ignition, I make my decision. "Okay. We'll go."

I pull out onto the road whilst squeals with happiness. "Today is going to be great," she says.

Under my breath I mutter, "I sure hope so."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I stand in front of the mirror, examining Karim's work. She offered to 'fix' me for the party by applying make up on me. I must admit she did a really good job. I don't wear make up, not because I don't like it, but because I feel like I don't need it. But right now as I'm looking at myself in the mirror I'm seriously considering it. She applied black eye liner, just the minimum that makes my grey eyes pop out. She added just a little blush to my cheeks, saying that I didn't need much since I'm constantly blushing. I just rolled my eyes at her. She straightened my black hair making it look longer. Add to that, she chose a black tank top, which I don't feel really comfortable in, because it rides up my stomach. At least I got to choose my favorite skinny jeans.

"How do you like my handy work?" she asks behind me.

"I look very different, but I love it. You should become a makeup artist.," I grin at her. "but don't you think the tank top is a little overboard? I don't' feel very comfortable ," I pull down the tank top so that my stomach isn't exposed.

"Of course it isn't overboard. That's what people your age wear," she says with a roll of eyes.

"I know, but I just don't feel comfortable showing much of my skin," I say still unsure.

She sighs. "Okay, I guess you could wear a cardigan over it. You won't be showing much skin, just your stomach. Is that better?"

"Yes." I say grinning and I hug her. She laughs and hugs me back.

"But if you really want to be different, you should really start feeling confident about yourself. You have a great bod. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable showing it. And I don't mean in a slutty way."

"I know, I know. First let me start to get used to this new me," I grab my black cardigan and put it on.

"Yes, sir," she says offering a salute. I grin and shake my head. "Here, put on this shoes on," she hands me a pair of black platform pumps from my closet. I gape at them. Does she seriously want me to wear them? "Yes, I want you to wear them," She answers my unasked question. She knows me so well.

"Hell no. I don't even know why my mom bought them. I'm pretty sure that if I put them on I will break my neck. You want to get rid of me that fast? Thought the fastest way to end me was by breaking my neck on those freaking high heels? Cause, let me tell you. That's a perfect way to kill someone." I say jokingly.

"Oh, come on. You're more scare of putting on high heels than jumping up a freaking thirty feet cliff. Yep, you're such a scary cat Tess." she says teasingly. Even though I know she's teasing she still gets to me. She knows that I don't like being called a scary cat, even though I am one.

"I hate you," I mutter and plump myself in the bed. Great . I was wearing all black.

She laughs. "You know you love me." I grin at her shaking my head and she starts, "I know you care. Just shout whenever and I'll be there.You are my love, you are my heart and we will never ever be apart," I clamp my hands over my ears as soon as I put on the heels.

"Karim! Please stop. You're killing me with your hideous singing. And more with that song. I'm begging you," I laugh as she continues singing totally ignoring me.

"And I was like baby, baby, baby oohh," she sings. I laugh still covering my ears.

"You sure like to torture me," I yell over her singing.

"Is my singing really that bad?" she stops and I'm finally able to take my hands off of my ears.

"Unfortunately, yes. It is," I say laughing as she swats my arm.

"For a friend, you sure are supportive," she says jokingly.

"What can I say? I'm the most supportive friend you'll ever have."

She laughs and says, "Let's go. I still have to go get sexy." I laugh, put my phone in my back pocket and follow her out the door. I don't carrying a purse. I've never liked them.

"Mom, I'm leaving! Don't forget that I'm staying over at Karim's!" I scream to my mom when I don't find her in the kitchen. She must be in the bathroom or something.

"Okay, sweetheart. Have a good time, but be careful. I love you!" she screams back.

"I love you too!" I walk out the house and get into Karim's black Impala. When she turns on the engine the music starts so loud making us both flinch and cover our ears.

"Sorry, I forgot to turn down the volume when I got out the car," she apologizes and pulls out the driveway.

"You know. I was pretty sure that mom wasn't going to allow me to go the party," I say as she drives toward her house. In fact, I would have bet, she wouldn't have let me. I would of lost.

Karim shrugs. "Yeah, well I guess she too wants you to go out and enjoy life a little."

"Yeah I guess so. I'm just glad she didn't see me wearing this. She probably would of change her mind." I say shrugging. She laughs and pulls into her driveway. I look out and see a motorcycle parked in front of her house. "Whose motorcycle is that?" I ask.

"Dunno. Probably the neighbor's,but they should know better than to park there. It isn't their parking space." she checks her watch." Come on, we got an hour before the party starts."

I close her car door and walk behind her toward her house.

When we step on the porch the automatic light turns on. The door opens before she had the chance to put the key in.

"Hi Tessa. So nice to see you," Karim's mom, Mrs. Richards says. "You look different." she eyes me up and down.

"Hi, Mrs. Richards. I hope in a good way?" I ask.

She laughs. "Of course. Come on in," she says and I smile.

"Thank you," I say and step inside her house. Behind me, I hear her telling something to Karim that makes her gasp and then clap happily.

I enter the living room and find Mike, Karim's older brother, and her dad smiling widely at a stranger. Is there a family reunion Karim didn't know about? I turn around, but before I have the chance to say anything, she's running past me with a happy smile on her face. What the? I turn to look who she's running toward when a guy stands up. He is jumped by Karim, who hugs him so hard. Who's that guy?

He hugs her back and in a deep voice says, "Hey little sister, how you been?" Little sister? Oh, God. Please don't tell me it's...

"Caleb! Oh my God! I've missed you so much. When did you get here? Why didn't you tell us when you were coming?" she rambles and pulls back.

I feel like my heart is about to burst from my chest. He's back.

"Chill. I just go here. Like twenty minutes ago."

"Oh well. I'm just so glad you're here," she hugs him again. I just stand there dumbfounded staring at the amazing guy in front of me. Karim's oldest brother is a freaking god. I mean ever since we were kids he's always been cute, but now he freaking handsome. Sexisome! He's nothing like I remember him. Last time I saw him, which was about four years ago, he was still cute. He wasn't as tall as he was now and he didn't have much muscle, but he was still handsome. So handsome that he was the most popular guy in school and the one all girls wanted to get with. The one who many girls got with him. He was such a player. And I bet anything that he still is. But now, he seems to have grown taller, he must be at least six foot two. His brown hair, which was short the last time I saw him is now medium long, is style high away from his forehead in some sort of mohawk. It looks so thick and soft at the same time, that I have the urge to touch. Of course I don't. How creepy would that be?

With his hair out of his forehead you can see his eyes better. His long eyelashes make his brown eyes look black. I look at his eyebrows and I wonder if he plucks them cause they look perfect. I'm not that curious about my eyebrows, but I wish I had them like his. Perfect. His broad nose complements his full lips.He has on a little stubble that makes his perfect jawline look more perfect. He has such an amazing jawline that any guy would want. What is wrong with me? Since when do I notice those things about guys?

I shake my head and command myself self to stop checking him out. Even though he was a senior when Karim and I were freshman, I still remember his reputation: a player and a trouble maker.

"I gotta go get ready. I have a party to attend," Karim say's and moves toward me making Caleb look at me.

For some reason I blush. I feel him staring at me even though I'm looking at the wall behind him. I expeect him to say hi or something, but he doesn't. I feel a twinge of hurt and ignore it. Does he not remember me?

"Okay," he says still looking at me as if trying decipher who I am. Can't you just say hi?

"Let's go," Karim pulls my hand to follow her. I gladly follow. When we reach her room Karim goes right to her bathroom to take a shower. Even though we have less than hour left before the party starts, I know she will be ready before then. She's fast when she she showers and applies make up, unlike me since I'm not used to it.

I grab a magazine and flop to her bed. I look at it, but I'm not able to focus. I can't keep Caleb out of my mind. Get yourself under control. I tell myself. It's not like it's the first time that I've seen him.

It is the first time I've seen him in four years. And I think this has affected me. I used to have a crush on him. A really big crush. I just hope that it doesn't come back, cause I had a hard getting rid of it once he left to 'travel the world.'

Yep, while we've been here going to school, he's been around the world looking at beautiful places like France. I just can't wait to get out of school so I can do the same thing. I want to travel the world too.

I stand up when I hear Karim in, glad to have a distraction.

"Can you get out my black dress from my closet while I apply make up?" I get up and go to her closet to grab her black dress, except there are two.

"Which one?" I ask.

"The strapless one," she says giving me a duh look through the mirror. I should of known. She would never take a dress that cover her shoulders to a party. I grab it and place it in the bed. I lay flat on back and take out my phone to play Candy Crush. I've been stuck in level fifty two for two weeks and I still can't pass it.

"You still on the same level?" she questions aand grabs her dress to put it on

I groan. "Yes, I can't freaking pass it and it's so freaking addictive."

"Yeah, it seems like it. I'm thinking about sending you to a Candy Crush rehabilitation center."

I giggle when I imagine myself there. "Hi, my name is Tessa Carson and I'm addicted to Candy Crush," I mimick aloud making a face of shame that cracks up Karim and I.

"You're so weird, I swear," she says after she stops laughing.

I shrug and flip my hair over my shoulder like a diva, "I know." making her laugh again.

"Stop making me laugh. I gotta finish getting ready," she turns to the mirror around and applies lip gloss. She looks at me through the mirror and says "Come here." I groan knowing what she's going to do.

"You know I hate lip gloss. It makes my lips sticky," I whine.

"Stop being a cry baby and let me put in on."

"Fine," I mutter and pucker my lips so she can apply the lip gloss. I think she's finish when she grabs something else. "And what is that now?"

"It's mascara," she opens it and starts adding it to my eyelashes.

"Okay. Perfect," she whistles and I giggle but look in the mirror. Actually, I look nice with lips gloss and mascara. "You have such amazing long eyelashes. I hate that you don't put mascara on. They make them look longer."

"I hate that the mascara sticks them together and then I feel weird," I shrug.

"Yeah, well you should start applying little by little so you can get used to it," she says whilst applying mascara to herself.

"I will. I just need to buy some." I say and she gives me a look.

I smile and take a sit in her bed.

"Alrighty, let's get this party started," she hollers and I laugh.

"We're not even making the party,"

She rolls her eyes at me. "Just get hyped, okay?" she says and I say salute her like she did before.

She starts walking toward her door when I notice she doesn't have shoes on, "You're so excited for this party that you forgot to put on your shoes." I quirk my eyebrow at her when she looks at me.

She grins and goes to her closet to take out a pair of black stilettos. "I guess I am." She puts them on grabs her bag and looks at me "Okay, now I am ready."

I smile and grab my phone from her bed."Then let's get this party started." And we walk out the her room.

"What's with all the black anyways?" I mutter as we're walking down the stairs.

"Nothing. I just like black," she shrugs.

When we reach the living room Caleb is no longer there. I'm kind of disappointed he isn't, which is not cool at all. Only Mike and Karim's parents are present. "Hey." I greet them.

"What's up?" Mike asks.

"How you been?" Mr. Richards asks.

"I've been good." I reply.

"Where's Caleb?" Karim asks.

"He's in his room getting ready," Mike says. Ready for what?

"Ready for what?" Karim asks my question.

"He said he wanted to go with us to the party," Mike responds. For some reason my mouth goes dry. He's going with us.

"Well he better get here quick cause the party's about to start," Karim mutters and I swallow.

"And I'm right here," a deep voice mutters from behind. We both turn around to see Caleb standing behind us. He changed clothes. He was wearing a navy blues long sleeve shirt with light blue jeans and combat boots. Now he is wearing a black shirt that clings to his body hinting a six pack with a black leather jacket. He has dark jeans that are kind of faded with his black combat boots. He looks sexy. I turn around when that thought pops in my mind.

What's with all the black again?

"Let's get going then," Mike gets up and walks toward the door. At least he's isn't wearing all black. I say goodbye to Karim's parent's and walk out the door.

Mike get's in his car and drives off. If he was leaving without us why did he wait for us?

"Is that your motorcycle?" Karim asks Caleb.

"Sure is." he replies.

"Nice. So you're taking it?"

"Naw. We're going in your car," he smirks and takes Karim's keys from her hand and hurries to the car. I can't help but admire the way he walks. All confidence. Am I being a creep?

"What? No way! Give me back my keys Caleb!" Karim goes after him. I stand behind walking slowly. I'm starting to get nervous about going to the party. I can just back out, but I know Karim wouldn't forgive me. Naw, she would, but she would always be pestering me about it.

I said that I didn't want to be shy anymore so I have to stick to it.

When I look up Caleb is already in the driver's seat. Karim mutters, "I hope it's not always like this." I laugh and she glares at me before getting in the passenger sit. I know how she gets when people drive her car. Hell, she doesn't even let me drive it. She says it's her baby.

I open up the back seat and get in. As soon as I'm in Caleb turns on the ignition and drives off, "So where is the party?" he asks.

"Matthew Person. You remember him?" Karim says. I take out my phone to play Candy Crush so I don't think about the party or the nervousness I'm starting to feel.

"I remember his brother, but I know where they live," he says and turns on the radio. I can't concentrate on Candy Crush with all the nervousness I'm starting to feel. Add to the fact that I'm well aware of Caleb's presnce in the car.

I sigh and quit after I see that I'm not going to accomplish it. 'Radioactive' is playing on the radio when I look to the rear view mirror and my eyes meet with Caleb's. I turn immediately feeling a blush up my cheeks. "So who's your friend, Karim?"

My eyes snap back to the front. Is he kidding? He really doesn't remember me? For some reason that hurts. He's not obligated, but come one, he should be able to recognize his sister's best friend.

Karim's head snaps to him too. "You're kidding, right?"

"Nope," he pops the p. He really doesn't remember me.

"It's Tessa," Karim says after a moment.

"Tessa?" he asks confused.

"My best friend, moron," Karim says.

"For real? That doesn't look anything like the Tessa I remember," he says smirking.

"Well, it is." I find myself speaking for the first time to him. He turns his head and looks me straight in the eye. I had forgotten how beautiful his brown eyes were.

"Naw, that can't be you. Last time I remember you wore glasses. And you were a little overweight and socially awkward. And now you're going to parties? Naw I don't think so," he smirks. I flush with embarrassment and grimace that he remembers me like that. Well I really was like that.

"Caleb!" Karim punches him in the arm. "Don't be mean. She's already self conscious and unsure about going to the party. Don't be an ass."

"Self conscious is the Tessa I remember," he laugs.

"Yeah? Well, I've changed." I snap starting to get angry. I guess only his appearance change. He should of change his personality instead.

"Sure you have," he smirks at me through the mirror and I just narrow my eyes at him. He's such a jerk.

"Stop it, Caleb," Karim punches him again.

"Stop hitting me," he snaps at Karim

"Stop being a jerk then," she snaps back. He turns on the radio and glares at me through the rear mirror. I ignore him.

Two minutes later we turn on a street full of cars and hear music coming from a house. My hands start to sweat and I wipe them in my jeans. I gulp feeling butterflies in my stomach. Karim claps excitedly and turns to look at me. "We're here."

"Yay," I say meekly and both Karim and Caleb roll their eyes.

"Can you act any more excited?"

"I sure can," I smile sweetly.

"Well you better," she says and gets out the car. I follow suit and open the door slowly. I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest. What am I doing here? I should be in my room finishing Wuthering Heights and enjoying my bed. "Come on, Tessa." she turns around when she notices I'm not following. I hear Caleb snort.

"Why did you bring her? You know shes not going in," he groans. Why did I ever like the jerk? A rush of confidence rises in me to prove him wrong.

"Kay, let's go party," I shout fakinf excitement that I'm not feeling.

"Whooo!" Karim shouts and pulls me inside.

Inside, the music is blasting louder making me cringe. There are bodies everywhere grinding into each other or making out. I see something in my peripheral sight and turn to see what is it. I turn immediately when I see that its a couple making out, about ready to have right there in front of everyone.

"I thought the party just started," I shout to Karim trying to make my voice be heard over the loud music playing.

"I think it did," she shouts back. I make the mistake of looking around and I see the couple again. I turn around so fast again that I'm surprised my neck didn't snap.

I feel a body press behind me and I immediately get shivers. I'm about to pull away when whoever it is grabs my waist and whispers in my ear making me get goosebumps, "Too prude?" I recognize the voice immediately and I pull away like something just burned me. I narrow my eyes at Caleb's laughing face and pull Karim away.

"Let's go get something to drink it's too hot in here!" I shout over the loud music. She nods her head and follows me even though I have no idea where I'm going. Over the loud music I hear someone saying Caleb's name. I'm curious to see who it is, but when I hear a girl calling his name, I decide against it. I don't want to see her all over him.

Why am I even jealous? Oh God please don't tell me that the stupid crush I had for him has come back. Please don't. I don't think I could handle it this time.

I'm not that short, but thanks to the shoes I'm able to see better over the heads of people. Aye, I haven't broken my neck. Over the heads of all the grinding people people I see the kitchen. I walk to it and pull Karim with me.

The kitchen isn't full of people making out or dancing. Thank God.

"Let me grab a glass of water," I shout over the loud music.

"Get me a beer," Karim shouts. I roll my eyes. Of course she would want beer. At least she isn't driving.

I open the fridge and find a Corona, "Here." I say handing her the beer.

As I'm looking for a cup to pour some water on I hear 'Ho Hey' coming on. I groan. This is Karim's favorite song and she's gonna make me go dance with her. I hear everyone start to sing and then Karim saying, "Let's go dance!" I don't feel like dancing. Hell, I don't even know how to dance. I act like I don't hear and keep looking for a cup in the drawers. "Ugh." I hear her grump.

I reach and open another drawer and finally find a glass. "Found the glass," I turn smiling to Karim, but she isn't there. My smile fades as I see Caleb instead. "Where's is Karim?" I turn around to avoid looking at his eyes and pour water from the filter.

"She went dancing, since you didn't go with her," he says from behind.

I mutter, "Okay," hoping that he will go away. I finish my glass of water and wash it. Caleb doesn't say anything else, so my guess is that he left. I sigh.

"Why so dreamy?" Caleb says from behind me. Like literally behind me. I feel his chest press against my back. I tense.

"Leave me alone Caleb," I say. I'm still hurt the he didb't remember me. I turn around to push him away from me. I made a mistake because he won't budge and now we're face to face.

"Do you really want me to?" he says and I feel his warm breath on my lips with a hint of mint. This shoes almost made me his height. If I look up I won't be looking at his nose, but eyes.

"Yes," I say and try to push him again. He chuckles and I feel it under my hands because they're on his chest. Being aware of that I immediately pull them away.

"Do I still make you nervous? I remember how every time I was near you, you would blush furiously. It seems that I don't have that effect anymore,' he fake pouts. He's mocking me. Of course he has an effect on me and he knows it.

"N.. No.," I stutter. Dang it. "Just get away from me, Caleb." I say more clear this time. I muster all my strength and push him again. This time he moves a little, but he still doesn't step away.

"Sure thing," I get relieved but he reaches across me and pushes his body against me again. I get tingles all over and I feel like my heart is about to burst away. He chuckles. "Breath deep, Tessa. Wouldn't want you to hyperventilate. I was just grabbing a glass," he pulls away and smirks. "Can't be drinking when I'm the one driving."

With that, he pours water into his glass, smirks at me once more, and walks out the kitchen greeting guys and girls he hasn't seen in a long time.

I stand there, shaking, and willing myself to control my thumping heart so it doesn't burst out.

Once I'm sure my heart won't burst out, I walk out the kitchen to find Karim and have a good time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it! (: