Sequel: I'd Do Anything
Status: Say to me, "Why can't we look the other way?"

Hooked on a Feeling

Prologue

April 2013

Annalise Richards sighed as she pulled up to McGill University underclassmen dorms. A girl stood in the spring rain, tapping the screen on her phone. For the thousandth time over the drive from New Jersey, the apartment leasing, job interviews, and moving in, Annalise asked herself if it was all really worth it.

She honked the horn twice, and the girl looked up and smiled widely. She ran over to the small powder blue Honda and stuck her head in the window that Annalise had opened.

“Still driving this piece of shit?” Olivia Richards grinned at her older sister.

The two girls were four years apart, and very clearly were sisters. They had the same dark red hair and creamy skin, both wore glasses and had suffered through the torture of braces. But their body shapes were different. Olivia was an athlete while Annalise had all the curves. Olivia was a little taller and had hazel eyes, while Annalise looked a little older than she was and had large brown eyes.

Annalise rolled her eyes. “Don’t knock on Tiffany. Where’s your shit?”

“Upstairs.”

“You couldn’t at least start to bring it down?”

“It’s raining!”

Annalise rolled her eyes again, rolled up the window and turned off the car. She pulled a hat over her head before getting out.

“Alright, I guess I’ll help you move it all.” Annalise grumbled. “But you better be packed! I have to be at work in two hours.”

“Well – “

“Olivia!”

“It’s like, five things. I swear.”

“This whole enterprise is off to a great start.” Annalise muttered.

Olivia grinned widely. “I love you, sissa!”

Yeah. Helping out her baby sister was worth the stress of relocation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a new vanilla-bourbon candle. It smells wonderful.