My Titanic Romance

Chapter 1

It was a mild day. Me and my best friends-Gerard,Mikey,Ray,and Bob-were all sitting around doing what we do best,nothing.Well,actually, we were playing a game of poker,the second thing we do best.

After Mikey dealed the cards, we all threw in our bets.

"I'm bettin a half a package of cigarettes,"Gerard said, throwing a squashed half-empty package of cigarettes in the middle of the table.

"Two pairs of socks,"I said,throwing in some of my old socks.

"My hat,"Ray said,taking his hat off and throwing it on the table.

"My reading glasses,"Mikey said,pulling a pair of glasses from his shirt pocket.

"Tickets to take off on the Titanic,"Bob said.We all jawdropped.

"Bob,"Gerard said."How the hell did you get those tickets?"

Bob lit a cigarette."I reserved them forver ago.I had enough money to get second class,but only third class was left.So I bought those and I don't wanna go anymore."

I forgot to mention we all don't have much money.Even though we bet all our shit playing poker,we're all there to support each other. We all live in the same house,or more shack, and we all work under the same roof.Yeah.Life is good.

We all looked at our cards.

"Fold,"Mikey said,putting his cards face-down on the table.

"I'm out,"Ray added.

"Fold,"Gerard said.

I stared at my cards.I might have this game.I smile grew on my face.

"Out,"Bob said,putting his cards on the table.

"Yes!"I exclaimed,reaching for my boat tickets.I read the time and date of departure.

"April...1 pm...."I muttered under my breath.

I sat there staring at my tickets. I was excited.

"What time is it?"I asked.

Ray pulled out his pocketwatch."Tweleve fifty-five."

"Holy shit!"I yelled,standing up so fast I knocked my chair over."I gotta go or else I'll miss my boat ride.I'll see you all later."I picked up my bag and ran out of the room,bringing along the bad feeling of not really saying goodbye to my friends.

I ran towards the dock where the Titanic was anchored.I ran up the ramp,dodging people who stopped in the middle to wait for others who were still on the dock. I ran onto the deck, and found a spot on the rail to get on last look of Ireland. I stood on the bottom rail and got my last glimpse.Life was good here.I loved Ireland.I had moved here three years ago from Italy,and it was the best three years of my life.

Out of the corner of my eye,I saw Gerard,Mikey,Ray,and Bob in the crowd.I raised my hand high in the hair and waved it back and forth fast. They noticed me and waved back with beaming smiles,and I couldn't help but give one back.

The ramp was pulled in the ship was un-tied,and it started to
move.I jumped down from the rail and went to find my room so I could put my stuff away.

I walked around aimlessly,staring at my ticket the whole time,and trying to avoid people who were trying to find their rooms.I stopped.There was no room number on my ticket.I glanced at someone else,they were pointing to a room number on there ticket.I decided to go find someone who could help me find it.

I went downstairs and opened a random door.I had no idea where it went,I didn't even know if it went to a hallway or not.I walked through,and it was a hallway alright,a fancy one.Too fancy to be true.I started to walk down it,not looking for a room,but for someone who could help me find my room.

I stopped and decided to get a closer look at my ticket,since there weren't as many people down here.

"Who are you?"a heavy British-accent said behind me.I turned around a saw a very short lady in a pink dress standing behind me.To here right was a taller man,in a nice black suit.Behind him was someone about half his height,also wearing a black suit.To his left was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She looked flattering in her yellow dress,which matched her auburn hair perfectly.She smiled.Her teeth were so perfect and white.She was just beautiful.

"Who are you?"the short lady repeated.

"Oh,uh,I..."I didn't know what to say.

"Why are you standing in front of our room?"she asked with a hint of fustration in her voice.

I nevously lifted my hat off my head and ran my fingers through my short black hair,my eyes glued to that girl.

"Um,well..."I cringed my nose."Sorry."I whirled around and walked the other way. I see a beautiful girl and make a fool of myself.Only me.Go figure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any good?
Should I continue...?