Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

If a Body Meet a Body Coming Through the Rye.

After school, on the way home with Frank, I pulled out my mobile and searched through my contacts until I found ‘SydFace<3’, and pressed the green call button.
“Snazzy Sazzy!” Sydney cried into the phone happily, making me pull the phone away from my ear.
“SydFace!” Frank called back into the phone, giggling. I heard her giggle, and placed the phone back to my ear.
“Anyways, you wanted me to call?” I said, getting to the point quickly.
“Yes… Why the hell didn’t you tell me it’s your birthday tomorrow?!” I grimaced, unsure of what to say.
“Well… To be honest, I didn’t want a big deal, and Frankie’s planning stuff for tomorrow any-”
That’s not the point!” she yelled, and I could hear the stamping of her foot. She could get really upset about those sorts of things.
“You’re my friend and I want to get you a present, you modest dip-shit,” I smiled at her comment, and Frank, who was listening in on the conversation, chuckled quietly.
“Seriously, Syd, forget about getting me a-”
“Pssh, you know me,” she interrupted, and hung up.

We got to Frank’s, and ran upstairs after saying a quick ‘hi’ to Linda. Frank collapsed on the bed, bringing me down with him. He pulled me closer to him, his head resting in the crook of my neck.
“We don’t have to go to school until the 3rd now,” he whispered, kissing my neck. I smiled and nodded, glad we’d finished the catch-up sessions that everyone had to take. Frank, Charley and I had to take Science ones while Sydney took English and Katie had to do History. I knew that Jake was doing Psychology because he was failing it. Rhee, Cally and Sal were doing Geography. The catch-up sessions were only for the first two days of the holidays, but it still kinda blew.

After we’d eaten, it was around 8-ish, and I thought that I should be getting home. I hadn’t been home for about 3 days now, and my mother was probably having a fit. She’s text me yesterday saying that I should come home on the 23rd. I had only been home three days ago on account of Ani’s birthday, too, so I suppose I’ve been kinda selfish.
Frank and I got her this expensive Misfits’ hoodie that she’d been dying for, so she was really happy and didn’t mind I was out all the time.
“Frankie, I better go now,” I said, standing up from the table. He stood up next to me, grabbing my hand, and checking his pocket for his keys.
“Alright… Mom, I’m gonna drop Sazzy off,” he said, taking a quick gulp of water. She nodded, standing up and clearing away the plates.
“Be careful with that car, now, Frankie. If you get caught, you’ve got hell to pay,” Linda said sternly, dusting her hands after she’d cleared up.
Frank finally told Linda that he’d been using his car, and she didn’t really mind, as long as he didn’t get caught by the police or anything. He had this International Learners Permit anyways, but it was better to be safe than sorry.
“Thanks for dinner, Linda,” I said politely, smiling at her.
“Aw, no problem hon!” she smiled back. I let go of Frank’s hand and went over to her, giving her a hug. “See you tomorrow, hon,” she said, patting me on my back. “Okay, Linda,” I replied, pulling away. Frank laced our hands together again, and pulled me out of the kitchen quickly. “I’ll be back later, Mom!”

When we got to mine, I opened the door and Frank raced upstairs quickly. My Mom was a little intense when it came to Frank coming over late. I mean, she didn’t say anything, you just kind of knew.
“Mum, I’m home!” I called, before bounding upstairs.
“Is Frank here?!” I heard her call, and I thought quickly.
“Yeah…” I said, before closing my door shut quickly and locking it.
Frank was sitting on my bed, and I walked over to him, sitting next to him, snuggling into him. He wrapped his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.
“It feels like we haven’t had time together alone for ages,” he whispered, stroking my hair.
“Mmm,” I mumbled, stroking his neck softly.
“Frankie, what’re we doing tomorrow?” I asked softly, snuggling into him more.
“Aw, Sazzy hon I can’t tell you,” he whispered, giggling quietly.
“Awe, Frank, please?” I begged, looking up at him and giving him the puppy dog eyes. He just shook his head, smiling. I pouted, and he giggled, pecking my lips. I grinned and leaned in, brushing my lips against his. He responded quickly, running his tongue along my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth obediently.
We were making out for what seemed like forever, and Frank pulled away, his breathing heavy.
“Alright, err, I think I gotta go in a minute,” he whispered, his face hovering over mine.
“Why?” I mumbled, stroking his cheek with my thumb.
“Well, it’s almost 10, and you know what Mom’s like when I have the car with me at night,” he muttered, before trailing soft kisses from my jaw line to my collar bone. I ran my hands through his hair, making him moan softly. He loved people playing with his hair. I giggled, pulling him up to face me, his body lying on mine. He flipped over so he was lying on his side, with both his arms draped around me, stroking my hair, my head nuzzled into his chest. A sudden wave of tiredness hit me, and I yawned loudly. Frank chuckled; pulling me closer, if that was even possible.
“Go to sleep, babe,” he whispered into my ear, before kissing it softly. I mumbled something, before drifting off into a deep sleep, wrapped up in Frankie’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I fucking LOVE you guysss,
FIVE FUCKING STARS.
Gawwh.

Anyways, sorry that this one kinda sucks.
I couldn’t think up of a decent chapter title, but GUESS WHERE IT’S FROM?!
I’ll be utterly shocked and… Disenchanted (for lack of a better word) if you don’t get it.
=]
LOL

102 readers, 33 subscribers, and 73 comments. <3