Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

Fat Leo's.

Frank’s Point of View
I got to Sazzy’s, parking in the car park at the back. I was all nervous all of a sudden, so I took deep breaths, still sitting in my car. It seemed to work, so I got out, locking my car. The others had got out all of the alcohol when I was getting ready, so she wouldn’t be suspicious, and it could be there for when we get back.
I looked down at my watch. 2:30pm. Perfect. I got out, locked my car and walked the short distance to Sazzy’s front door. I pressed on the bell, waiting for an answer. Shy thinks that I’m taking Sazzy out for lunch with the others, and that I’m picking her up first. In actual fact, this was like our first date, I suppose. A few seconds later, Sazzy opened the door, wearing this incredible black dress. It was made out of what looked like satin, and had thin straps holding it up. It had a thick silver belt underneath the bust, the material rippling out as a skirt elegantly. Her hair all pushed over to her left shoulder, flowing down in loose curls and held in place with silver hair bow. She had on matching silver heels, and a silver and black clutch. She looked incredible. My jaw dropped at the first sight of her, and she grinned, stepping out and closing the front door behind her.
“Frank…?”
“I-Err, I… Oh my god,” I mumbled, my mind still screwed up on the way she looked. I’ve never seen her like that before, and she looked… I don’t even have the right words to describe how she looked.
She giggled, pulling me away from her front door and towards the car park.
“You can’t do this here, if my Mum sees you, I’m shitting dead,” she whispered, pulling me towards my car. I finally got to my senses when we got to my car, Sazzy waiting for me to open it. I pulled her towards me, wrapping my arms around her and pressed my lips hungrily to hers. She smiled into the kiss, before I deepened it. After a few minutes, we pulled away, and I unlocked the car, helping Sazzy into the passenger seat. I walked around the car, and got into the drivers seat. I turned over to face her, and locked my hand into hers.
“You have no idea how good you look and what you’re doing to me,” I whispered, squeezing her hand. She smiled warmly, squeezing my hand back.
“You look pretty fucking gorgeous too, Iero,” I smiled at her comment, and leaned over, pecking her on the lips. I started up the engine, my left hand still attached to Sazzy’s right one. We rested our hands on the gear stick, keeping them there for the whole car ride.
After a ten minute drive, I pulled over at a small parking area in a side street. We got out, and I grasped her hand again, and walking her over to her first part of her present. We got there, and she looked around.
“The Laines…?” The Laines were these kinda of side-streets of Brighton, where you can find some great stuff, like rare band tees and fucked up shit like cheese shaped like penises. I know… sick, right? They also have amazing restaurants there, which are basically famous in Brighton, and make the Laines a huge tourist attraction.
“No… Look over there!” I said, pointing over to a certain shop. She looked over, following my finger, and gasped.
“Oh my god… Frankie! You’re joking… Oh my god!” she squealed, hugging me tightly. I grinned, wrapping my arms around her waist. She pulled away slightly, so we were still holding each other, but so we could look at one another.
“I can’t believe you! We’re at Fat Leo’s!
“Yeah,” I said, grinning, and pulled away from her, grabbing her hand. I led her inside her favorite as well as infamous grand restaurant, walking up to the assistant who had to seat us. I told him my last name, and he lead us to a small table upstairs and in the back, so we kinda had a little privacy and a great view of the sea.

Fat Leo’s is a huge posh restaurant, and is part of two other restaurants: Donatello’s and Piccolo’s. Fat Leo’s was the more posh one, and you had to be dressed ‘appropriately’ to enter, which means in suits and stuff. I suppose I just got away with the skinny jeans and the band tee under the blazer. Piccolo’s was very relaxed, and anyone could enter with whatever they’re wearing, and you didn’t usually have to book a table in advance. Donatello’s is a pretty smart and grand restaurant, but was used by old couples going out for birthdays or wedding anniversaries, that kinda thing. Fat Leo’s was the ‘younger’ chain for rich kids and young adults, and the oldest people you saw in there was probably a 30-year-old couple or something. Donatello’s and Fat Leo’s were used as occasions rather than just for a lunch or dinner – it was fucking expensive.

We were given leather-bound menus, and the waiter walked off, saying he’ll be back in five or so minutes. After we decided that we’d have this weird pasta ravioli vegetable thing, and cokes to drink, I grabbed hold of Sazzy’s hand from across the table. She looked up, smiling at me and squeezed my hand. I smiled back.
“Sazzy, you look gorgeous,” I whispered, stroking her hand with my thumb. She grinned back at me.
“Frank, you’ve said, hunnie,”
“I know. But you really do…” she grinned again at my comment, blushing and looking into her lap. I squeezed her hand, and she looked up again into my eyes.
The waiter picked a perfect time to come and take our orders. He left quickly though, probably realizing that he kinda interrupted.

After our lunch, I’d paid and I helped Sazzy out of her seat and grasped onto her hand again. I lead her out of the restaurant and through the Laines.
“Frank! The car’s over there,” she said, pointing towards the other direction.
“We’re not going to the car, sugar,” I said, smiling at her and pecking her on the lips quickly before carrying on towards my destination. It was only about five minutes later, and we got there. I walked her over to the island that sticks out, and climbed over the low wall, helping Sazzy over. She almost tripped over in those heels, and everything. I giggled, picking her up and lifting her over the pebble made wall, and helping her down to the last ‘step’ of the structure, so the sea was just below us. If we slipped and fell, we’d end up in the laps of pure blue water. I sat down, and pulled her down onto my lap, warming her from the cold.
“Frank, it’s beautiful…” she whispered, clinging onto my blazer. I smiled down at her, squeezing her tight. The sun was setting, even though it wasn’t too late, and it was amazing. She looked up at me, and lent up, placing her lips to mine softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m sorry it took longer than it should have to post up this chapter…
But I wanted to make sure it was okay, I didn’t want to mess this up.
Image
That’s where they are. See that little step thing going on there? They’d be on the one closest to the water.

Anyways.
Thank you guys, every comment, reader, and subscriber. You really make writing that much better.
And, I put 'Home' up on here, so you guys who haven't heard it can =D