Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

***, My Head!

Sazzy’s Point Of View

I woke up the next morning next to Frank in his bed, curled up next to him in the sleeping outfit I always wore when I was over. The back of my head was throbbing violently, making me groan in slight pain. I think I woke Frank up, because he started stirring and mumbling under his breath.
“Fuck, my head!” I grinned at what he said, and tried sitting up, but the throbbing in the back of my head was too heavy.

*Flashback*
“Kelsey, you’re a little t-too drunk… Go to bed, ya?” Frank giggled, pointing at his younger cousin. She just grinned at him stupidly, and he grabbed her by the waist, flipping her over his shoulder. Kelsey started laughing uncontrollably, her brown and blonde hair falling down from her shoulders. She started to hit Frank playfully on the back, before her hands dropped, giving up. She then started laughing again, her hazel eyes sparkling, and tried to unbuckle his studded belt, before Frank started giggling.
Kelsey! STOP IT!” I laughed at the scene in front of me, Frank’s skinnies almost falling down because of the now loose belt. Johnny started laughing too, leaning into my side.
*End of flashback*

I turned my head to face Frank, who was rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. He looked over at me, catching me staring at him and grinned.
“What…?”
“Kelsey tried to take your pants off!” he looked up at the ceiling, a confused look on his face and his eyebrows furrowed together. After a few seconds, his eyes widened.
“Oh my god…” he mumbled, his hands covering his face. I burst into quiet giggles, and he gave me a playful glare, grinning at me.
“You can talk. You got hit on by Johnny!”
“What?! I did not!
“Oh, yes you did! Try and remember… When I introduced you,” I racked my brains, thinking hard, which actually made my head spin a little. My eyes widened, probably like Franks’ did.

*Flashback*
“Hey, Frankie!” a boy said, who had successfully pushed through the crowd towards us, a bottle of beer in hand.
“Johnny, this is Sazzy, my amazing girlfriend!” Frankie slurred, pointing down at me by his side. I giggled, waving at him. He was taller than me, but not by much. He was about the same height as Frank.
“Oh, hello, Sazzy,” he muttered, grinning at me, and grasping my hand, and placing his lips to the back of it. I giggled, and Frank’s grip on my waist tightened.
“Johnny, you fucker!” Johnny giggled at Franks’ comment, dropping my hand and weaving back into the crowd.
*End of flashback*

“Oh my god!” I gushed, turning to look at Frank, who was stifling a laugh with his hand. I hit him playfully on the shoulder, and he laughed, pulling me to his chest.
“Frank?” I mumbled into his black tee, my arms draped loosely around him.
“Mm?”
“What’s up with Johnny? Is he always like that with girls?” I asked, looking up into his eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows together again, and sighed.
“Back in Jersey, I, Johnny and a few other guys were like the pimps back there. We’d get every girl like that,” he said, not really looking at me. I kinda felt a little… upset, for lack of a better word. I mean, how would you feel if you found out your boyfriend was a little bit of a player?
“Sazzy… I know what you’re thinking. I’m not like that anymore,” he whispered, stroking my hair. I stiffened, removing my arms from him.
“How can I be sure? You weren’t exactly apprehensive when it came to me,” I whispered, biting my lip. I saw Frank’s face fall, and he blinked, shocked.
“Sazzy, trust me. I’ve changed since all that messing around in Jersey. You know that. I told you everything,” he mumbled, placing a hand on my cheek. I sighed, and wrapped my arms around him again in a tight hug.
Of course I knew. I know what he’s like. I don’t know what came over me, I guess I forgot about Kevin and the rest of Franks’ fucked up past. He’ll always be this considerate, caring guy because of what he overcame.
“I’m sorry, Frank, I just… Oh god, I’m so sorry,” I whispered, stroking his back and running a hand through his hair. He moaned, and I giggled. I always do that accidentally. He placed a finger under my chin, pushing up my head to look at him. His soft lips pressed against mine gently, before he pulled away quickly.
“We should get up, now… I think some people just passed out downstairs, I dunno. Johnny and Kels are in the guest room,” Frank said, sitting up slowly and rubbing the side of his face. I followed suit, rubbing the back of my head where the throbbing was situated. Frank noticed, smiling.
“Hang over?”
“The worst.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Johnny’s an impatient fucker.