Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

Coffee and Painkillers

Frank and I went downstairs, to find about three people that we don’t remember or didn’t know slumped across the living room floor. In the kitchen, Tom was sleeping on the table with Kelli curled up next to him, and what looked like some collage guys sprawled on the linoleum floor. Frank woke them all up, and they agreed to start clearing up with us.

Not long after, the house was some-what clean, clear of any remaining alcohol (which Tom willingly drank- there was only one bottle of beer left!) and empty bottles and cups. All we had to do was vacuum the place, and we’d get Ani to do that, since she apparently didn’t help set up like she said she would, and Frank thought that we’d be evil and get her to do it.
“Where is Ani, anyways? Oh fuck, Frank, she would’ve seen me drinking!”
“Hey, Sazzy, chill. She drank too,”
”WHAT?!” I cried, which made Kelli and the guys look around at us worriedly.
“Errm, I’m guessing she’s not allowed…?” Frank said delicately, rubbing the back of his neck.
“Frank, she’s a kid. Oh, God, I can’t believe this…”
“Hey, Sazzy,” Frank whispered, pulling me into his arms. “She’s old enough. And don’t tell me all about that culture and religion stuff, you drink too. Don’t be hypocritical,” he whispered into my ear, his hands tangled in my thick bed hair. I looked down at my sock-clad feet, knowing he was right. It was just weird, she’s my little sister. And I always thought that she’d turn out more religious than I am, I dunno why. I wanted the best for her, and drinking wasn’t exactly the best.
“I know,” Frank whispered again into my ear. I loved the way he knew what I was thinking. I pecked him on the cheek, and wrapped my arms around his neck.
Then a thought dawned on me.
“Oh, fuck.
Frank pulled away slightly, looking at me in the eyes. “What?”
“Ani must’ve found out about us,” I explained, my hands still resting on his neck. Franks’ eyes widened, realization flooding into his eyes.

As if right on cue, Ani and Johnny both trotted down the stairs Kelsey slung on Johnny’s back. She spent a lot of time in that position. Ani had a huge smirk on her face, though. I knew that she knew about me and Frank, from the look on her face.
“Oh, look who it is. Together,” she said, her smirk getting bigger by the syllable. I looked down at my feet again, scratching my head. Frank’s arm was around my waist, and he kinda looked embarrassed. I can’t say I didn’t feel the same.
“Look, Ani, I-”
“Shut up,” she said bluntly, grinning. “You fucking idiot, I’m happy!
Our heads snapped up, eyes wide. Ani squealed, crushing me and Frank into a huge hug. We laughed, hugging her back. She pulled away from us, brushing her dark hair out of her eyes.
“Why the hell did you not tell me?!”
“You know, Ani, the whole thing about boys and stuff,” I mumbled, scratching my head again. Frank nodded in agreement. We’d both kind of kept our relationship in a weird secret. Our friends knew we were together, but none of our families knew, apart from Johnny, Kelsey and now Ani. I personally think that Linda knew- she wasn’t stupid. But she didn’t really have proof or anything to go on apart from our closeness, so she didn’t say anything. She always had this funny smile on her face, though when she saw us hugging or holding hands.
“Actually, Sazzy,” Johnny mumbled, looking down, a blush crawling onto his face.
“Yeah…?”
“Uh, well, the thing is, me and Ani, well…”
I was my turn to squeal. My kid sister had a boyfriend? That was so cute! And with Frankie’s cousin!
Ani smiled at me sheepishly.
“Won’t tell Ma on me?”
“Only if you don’t me,” I replied, holding out my pinkie. She hooked her pinkie with mine, grinning.
”Coffee!” Johnny cried/whispered, flinging a dozing Kelsey onto the kitchen table. He slapped her awake lightly, before grabbing the pot of coffee and tipping half the contents into her yawning mouth. She quickly gulped it all down; rubbing her face rid of sleep and spilt coffee. It was a really funny sight, and got me, Frank and Ani in stitches.
“Ah, Johnny!” Kels cried, whacking him on the arm. He giggled, retreating back upstairs to change. Kelsey got up off the table, groaning and rubbing her head. Frank went up to one of the cabinets, pulling out a box of painkillers. He passed me, Ani and Kelsey two and a glass of water, before taking some himself and making more coffee.

While the coffee was… making, we all went upstairs to get dressed and ready. We took turns to shower, and I changed into one of my new Misfits’ t-shirts, and a new pair of red skinnies that I vaguely remember Sydney had given me. Frank changed into a plain navy tee and some matching skinnies, pulling a Green Day hoodie on. He looked over at me and threw me his Misfits’ hoodie, and started to tend to his hair. I pulled on the hoodie, smiling and started to put on my make-up. Frank pulled on his sunglasses, and I rolled my eyes at him.
“Frank, it’s raining outside!” he shrugged, grinning and pulled me to him, kissing me on the forehead. I grinned up at him, and pressed my lips to his. He slipped his tongue into my mouth, and I felt the corners of his mouth tug upwards into a smile. I pulled away from him softly, and buried my head into his neck.
“Frank… What…?” I muttered, stroking the huge red and purple mark on his neck with my index finger. He started chuckling.
“You don’t remember?”
“…No. When was that?”
“Last night. We got a little… carried away,” my eyes widened, and I pulled back, looking into Franks’ hazel eyes.
“Frank, we didn’t… Did we-”
“No, of course not. Don’t worry, sugar,” Frank whispered, pulling me back into the warmth of his chest.
God, Frank was the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Johnny.
You best get better and quick, kid.
xoxo