Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

Pretty Good

Those four days passed in a blink of an eye.
When I got the guitar, I quickly ran upstairs, and locked myself in my bedroom with it. It was in a huge rectangular box, and when I placed in down on the floor, I realized just how heavy it was. How the hell I ran up two flights of stairs carrying it, I’ll never know.
I sat down on the floor next to the insanely huge box, and grabbed the folded piece of brown tape at the end of it, ripping it off. I know it sounds stupid, but I was a little apprehensive at actually opening the box. I don’t even know why. But at the same time, it felt like I had something amazing in front of me, and not just Frank Iero’s dream guitar, that this guitar was something special.
I pushed all the thoughts and feelings to the back of my head, and carefully pulled back the two brown flaps of the cardboard box, and tried to move aside the pieces of polystyrene. I saw a big covering of bubble wrap and pulled it out carefully, resting it on the stand that I’d brought for it. I pulled out my scissors from my dresser, and started cutting away at the bubble wrap that was enclosing the instrument.
It all fell away gracefully, and the shining, white and gold guitar lay there in all it’s glory. After that moment, I swear I had this sudden urge to take up guitar lessons just to play that particular guitar.
After gawping at it for a few minutes, I came to my senses after a while and grabbed the stickers I’d kept my bedside table drawer. I kept looking over at them, and holding them up against the guitar. I wanted to get them on it perfectly. After a while, I got the right image in my head of where they should go and how they should be placed, and just did it. I placed the ‘P’ on the round edge of the instrument, and carried on sticking the rest of the huge silver letters on it in an arch shape, following the edge. I stepped back and admired my work. Pretty good if I do say so myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it’s short, and that this was not posted up last night.
There will be another update later on today.
Sazzy xo