Status: completed; sequel 'Battling the Loss You Live For' is now running.

Smiles Echo In My Memory

***-tard.

Around half an hour later, Charley stumbled up to me, still stood by the drinks.
“Hey, Sazzy, I… What’re you doing…?”
“Umm… Drinking?” I replied, raising an eyebrow. His eyes widened, eyebrows raised.
“What?! Why?”
“It’s what you do at a party, Charley,” I stated dumbly, a smirk tugging at the corner of my lips. He laid both his hands on my shoulders, looking at me in the eyes.
“What’s wrong…? You wouldn’t do this, Sazzy,” he muttered, looking down at the floor. I pulled away from his grasp, taking a swig of my Smirnoff. His face flashed with pity, and he stepped forward, taking the bottle off me.
“Charley!” I yelled, grabbing for the bottle. He held it high above his head, making sure that I didn’t get hold of it. He was quite a bit taller than me, too.
“Sazzy, stop it! What’s the fuck is wrong with you?!” He whispered in a menacing tone, slamming the bottle on the table. I scowled, crossing my arms.
“Nothing’s wrong with me!”
“Everything’s wrong with you!”
It felt like my heart sunk a little, cracking. My eyes started to water, and I sniffed, trying to rid myself of the feeling.
“Sazzy… Please… Don’t do this. Tell me?” I heard Charley whisper, feeling an arm wrap around me. I sniffed, a tear crawling down my cheek.
“God, Sazzy… C’mon,” he muttered, and steered me away, towards the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of water, leading me out to the back door into the garden. He sat me down on one of the steps at the door, sitting next to me and passing me the water. I took it gratefully, opening it and taking a sip.
“So tell me,” he asked, pulling up his hood over his head. I shrugged, wiping underneath my eyes. I sniffed again, sipping at my bottle of water, and he sighed.
“I’m just tired,” I said, twisting the cap back onto the bottle. I heard him sigh again, and wrap his arms around me. I rested my head on his shoulder, placing an arm around his waist. It was moments like this were what I missed Charley as a friend for. He was a really good friend, and would do anything for the people around him.
I felt him peck at my forehead, and I smiled.
“Charley you fuck-tard,” I mumbled, giggling a little. He chuckled, and I could feel his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down.
“Fuck-tard?”
“Yeah… I dunno,” I said still giggling, and I pulled away. There was a few minutes of silence, our arms still draped around each other.
“…Sazzy?”
“Yeah?”
“I’m sorry about before,”
“What…? When?”
“In Franks’ room… When we… you know,” he trailed off, mumbling to himself.
“Oh. It… wasn’t your fault,” I muttered, not really sure what to say or do. He sighed heavily, resting his head on my shoulder. I did the same, closing my eyes. It never really occurred to me again how drained I was. I felt Charley move against my skin, and the touch of his lips against the crook of my neck. I didn’t really know what to do, I mean, this was Charley. He was practically my best friend, and he’d never really done… that before, apart from when we were together. I didn’t know if it was just a friendly kiss or a romantic type of kiss. So like the idiot I am, I just sat there and ignored it, and took like a friendly one. He carried on kissing my neck softly, traveling up to my jaw line. I kept my eyes closed and felt Charley’s lips press against mine softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three comments for the last chapter?
I think you guys can do better than that…
But, fucking eight stars?! I really do love you guys.
xo